“Eat here and be full.”

Magee Country Diner
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Magee Country Diner is now accepting Del Lago Casino players club rewards cards in place of payment. Please not to be used with any other discounts or coupons. Thank You, Managment
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've eaten breakfast and lunch here. I recommend their sausage gravy for breakfast because it is delicious. For lunch, on a later date, I had a cheeseburger. It was cooked perfectly and tasted fine. Their french fries are awesome - big, crispy, seasoned, wavy french fries. yum. I also ordered sweet potato fries. They were just as good.

Breakfast on a weekend can be VERY busy. You may have to wait.
There is no music, just people talking. There are cow decorations everywhere. It is kind of amusing. The place is clean and the waitstaff is friendly.

I enjoy eating here because the price is right, the food is good, and there is not much else around considering its location. It is right off of the NY state thruway - exit 41.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Magee has good food at a great price. The service is good although I think the atmosphere could use updating.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We ate here on a Friday night in Lent. Both had the fish special. Good haddock, nicely fried. Baked potatoes and cole slaw were nothing special. Homemade pies ala mode were a perfect finish. Friendly staff, and good food.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stopped here yesterday (a Saturday) for lunch. We were seated immediately and our waitress brought coffee right away. My husband had the Sausage Gravy with Biscuits and I had the Hot Roast Beef Sandwich. Both meals were good and our server did a fine job. The decor is casual "cow chic" with seating for larger parties available at indoor picnic tables. This is a great alternative to fast food and less than five minutes from the outlet mall. We will return.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Don't arrive on a Friday night or Sunday morning without expecting to wait for a table!!! This little diner could easily add 10-15 tables and still be busy. There is a never ending pot of coffee, waitresses that are attentive and a kitchen who can crank out homemade goodies from burgers to pancakes without a hitch.

They are crowded because there are no clunkers on the basic diner menu. Yep this is not a place to go if you are expecting low calorie food, but if you are looking for great diner food this is your place. The cars in the parking lot and the waiting lines are advertisement enough that this is the genuine article!!!

We have only encountered one waitress who was substandard and we always request a table that she doesn't serve even if it means waiting a little longer. I think she gets too flustered, but she tries. Just not at our table anymore.