All reviews pizza manda beach lamu town fresh fish beautiful beach perfect end cold beer baobab tree super relaxing watch the sun an amazing host low impact high season private garden beach volleyball lunch and dinner enjoyed my stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant offers a welcoming place to grab a bite, serving the best pizza in the whole of Lamu. There is a wide variety of options, each with fresh toppings and many drinks available which are served chilled. Perfect on a hot day at the coast!
It’s on the beach and provides easy access to the ocean if you want to pop in for a swim. The hotel and restaurant also has lounges on the beach to relax and sunbathe.
Diamond Beach also offers cozy rooms to stay. It also shows a movie every Friday. This place throws a New Years Eve party and brings in DJs from other coastal locations and countries around the world.
The location means that one can experience the undisturbed peace of the sea but still be close to Peponi Hotel and The Majlis Hotel which offer more restaurants and activities.
Lovely place!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2019

Beautiful oasis right on the beach.
I've been coming to Lamu for years and this i my favourite place to stay - the perfect eco getaway. The traditional banda-style accommodation is clean and comfortable, and you really get the feel that you're nature, waking up to the sound of birds singing in the beautiful baobab tree.
The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is excellent, particularly the pizza from the wood-fired pizza oven, and the view from the bar is spectacular, especially when enjoyed with a cocktail at sunset.
We also loved the hammocks and the library/chill-out space.
Thanks Rachael and everyone at Diamond. This place is magical!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I have spent 4 days at Diamond on my own and I knew from the first minute that I‘ll come back soon. Calm (I don‘t know how it is at high season), clean and friendly and place. Relaxing banda with plenty of little details made of local material, magnificent beach and fantastic food. Thanks Reachel, Rose and staff, and say hello to Ulli. I‘ll be back, maybe in August. I‘m Swiss, living and working in Cameroon and I finally found a destination that is accessable from Cameroon and ...affordable.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2019

If you are looking forward to the weekend as advertised on the web site of the lodge, chances are that you will be disappointed: no yoga teacher showed up on Friday and Sunday, all front seats for the Friday movie were reserved with towels from 4:30 pm by the neighbors (not the guests) and no special menu for the brunch on Sunday was offered. If you are looking forward to the meal you ordered, you will also be disappointed: instead of the grilled jumbo prawns with garlic bread, I got a bed of lettuce with boiled shrimp and instead of a crab salad with sundried tomato, I got a bed of lettuce with crab (with no warning for the change of my dish and with the price of the original order charged in the end). And while you drink your morning coffee, the gardener is spraying the tree next to you against white flies. The worst is the management attitude. We think that it is important to give feedback, but the response was: “I was not here” (and she never was, because it seemed she was on her own vacation), “you are uptight because everybody is happy here (see tripadvisor)” or other inappropriate remarks about my parenting or my English (which is my third language and her mother tongue). If you are a manager, you need to assume responsibility for overseeing your employees and the running of the place, and whether you were present when an incident happened or not is irrelevant. And probably consider to be modest, less aggressive and polite with your clients? Just a thought (which the manager will throw to the dustbin). The place is also advertised as ecolodge, but there is no certificate (some ecolodges in Kenya have secured international certification) and basic hygiene standards are compromised. Both the hotel and the restaurant are overpriced.
The staff was, however, very kind and the cook made several excellent dishes (when he had the right ingredients). Manda beach is delightful, it is a pity that there is so little choice for accommodation. But we did not let all this destroy our holiday!

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2019

What a stunningly beautiful island!!! Diamond Beach is the perfect eco get away. A wonderful owner/host, great food and unbelievable sunsets. What more could we ask for? We really hope to come back soon

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple