“The Ugly Sister”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in El Quseir
Cinderella Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
Reviewed August 5, 2008

If you have money for a holiday in this time of global credit crunch, do yourself a favour and don;t waste it at this hole in the ground.

The staff are the rudest people on Earth towards anyone with an English accent, with no respect for women, and the food is turgid. The facilities are run down and rancid and they watered the gardens with water from the cesspool facility - how nobody has died from dysentry, I will never know.

The rep for the travel company we went with, Youtravel, was the worst I have ever had to deal with, and only responded to my request to be moved because I had nine other people with me asking for the same thing. We followed the advice of other people from other countries who were urging their own travel reps to do likewise and get them out of there - on the day we got moved there must have been thirty guests who left.

Go at your own risk!

1  Thank Lauren29

Reviewed August 5, 2008

I booked the Cinderella Beach as a last minute break for me and my 11 year old daughter, wanting somewhere hot, all inclusive and on the beach. I've visited Egypt several times before but never this area.

I read the reviews, some good, some bad and decided to risk it anyway, and I'm glad I did. The hotel certainly needs some upgrading, especially needs aircon in the reception area, and the units in the rooms are noisy and not very cold, but after 2 or 3 days they are sufficient as you get used to it.

The hotel was full of Germans, no Russians as previous reviews said, and only about 10 British guests, but generally everyone rubbed along quite nicely. Moomoo the only member of the animation team speaks loads of languages and works really hard to ensure the people who want to join in have fun, but no hassle from him to get you involved.

Food is not 5* but you have not paid 5* prices, and only on 2 lunchtimes did we struggle to enjoy the food.

Drinks, wine was actually not bad compared to other Egyptian hotels, and sweet talk the waiters and they'll happily serve bigger measures.

I was never once pestered for tips, staff were extremely friendly and did a really good job. Although the pool boy could do with learning a bit more about keeping his pool a bit cleaner...

A few people had dodgy stomachs and moaned incessantly to anyone who'd listed, but we were fine. I've been ill each time I've visited Egypt and just accept that this is probably normal when going from 18 degree in the UK to 40+ in Egypt.

The excursions were overpriced - £50 each for a snorkelling trip with lunch - same thing about £25 in Sharm. Rep (Nasser) not the best in the world but did an adequate job.

Don't visit this hotel if you are picky about your food, expect cocktail hour, lots of entertainment and shopping, but if you just want to chill out in the sun and enjoy the snorkelling maybe you'll be ok. I would not visit the Cinderella Beach again unless it was upgraded with better access into the sea - there are better hotels on the coast (next door the Acacia Swiss Resort) but they do cost more, so you decide.

Hi to Jayne & Phillip, it was good meeting you, we enjoyed spending the week with you guys - I hope the taxi was waiting for you.

If anyone wants more info please feel free to contact me and I'll try to help.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2008

I have just returned from the worst holiday I have ever had. This place is a joke! The rep 'Nasser' told me that I was the first person in 13 years to ask for 'diet' soft drinks. I find that unbeleivable. Both myself and my wife are diabetic. We could not take advatage of the 'all inclusive' aspect. After the first three days I was fed up drinking water. The rep said that diet drinks were 'unavailable'. When I offered to pay for them, they suddenly became available. He got me 24 cans within 2 hours!. After 11 days the bar stocked 'Pepsi Max but they wanted 1 euro a can. That works out at more than twice the price of buying it from a local supermarket! Absolutely no entertainment. 'Games Room' had a table tennois table and a pool table. Air condition units had no refridgerant in them so were ineffective. Towels were dirty. Pool was very dirty.
Pleasde give it a wide berth.

Reviewed July 20, 2008

What can I say?? you pay for what you get and I didn't expect 4 or 5 star but this place is 2 at best........most of the folks had sickness and well free colonics! the food is awful inedible and suspect, the staff are trying to do their best with what management tell them and the substandard food available sort of trying to "making a silk purse out of a camels ear" they angle for tips at every turn and you are constantly bothered on the beach by local tour guides touting trips, camel/horse rides annoying when this occurs on a daily basis I honestly think the pool is part of the problem never did I see it being checked for contaminates and the area manager kept hiding from guest's complaining. The snorkling is the best part of the trip it is beautiful but this can be found in many other places than here......my advice pay a bit extra for a better hotel and give cinderella a miss it needs closing down and is nothing but a health hazard.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2008

The hotel was advertised as a 4 star all inclusive hotel. In my view it was no more than a 2 star hotel. The rooms are a reasonable size but require upgrading. There were several power cuts each day and night, probably to conserve energy.

The staff are friendly and helpful but need training and the hotel needs inward investment. The food was limited and the standard suspect. A lot of the crockery was badly stained and some chipped, cracked and dirty. The cutlery was limited and not always availble.
The bar was poor and ran out of soft drinks, beer, spirits and glasses each day.

There was a lot of sickness and diorea among the guests during our seven day stay at this hotel. It was not a good experience and I would not recommend this hotel.

Look for a genuine 4 star hotel before booking your holiday. More details can be provided if required.

David. Bristol

Reviewed July 10, 2008

The first impression that you get is via the travel rep, in our case he was helpful and tried his utmost to ensure we were informed of the issues that might arise over our fortnight. He went in to great detail explaining how to avoid illness that might be picked up due to the change of culture. A very helpful gentleman.

The hotel itself is basic to say the least, but the majority of the staff go out of there way to ensure that you end up with a loving memory of your stay. The first couple of days they seemed a little withdrawn but once they get to know you they are a pleasure to associate with you and love to chat.

The all inclusive bar opens at 10am and closes at midnight and at first you have to sign for drinks but we asked if the vodka and cokes that we were drinking were free and was told that they were. These were free flowing over the entire stay at the hotel apart from 1 night when they ran out of vodka. The staff were always pleasant with 2 exceptions. The chefs did there best to put out quality food but with such a seemingly small budget the style was similar night on night, however we asked if we could have a plate of chips and the chefs cooked these to order at no extra cost, superb.

The hotel as a business needs to spend a few quid on some aspects to make the guests stay more enjoyable, such as gas pesticides to reduce insect bites in the evening, a small pier to enable access to the deep water beyond the coral to reduce risk of injury, update the restaurant with air conditioning, insecticides around the bar restaurant near the beach front, and update the air con in the rooms as ours was quite noisy. They also need to ensure that the hotels power supply is updated as the electric goes off up to 7 times daily but only for a minute or so whilst a second gererator is started. The management also should consider opening a second bar that is already in situ in the evening so that you can sit on the beachfront without having to walk 40 yards to get further refreshments.

The entertainment was poor to say the least. Not once over the course of 2 weeks did the entertainment team speak to us, maybe due to the lack of English, however this was not the case for visitors from the rest of Europe. The best entertainment of the whole week was when the waiters and chefs did a surprise birthday cake for a guest and sung, danced and involved everyone in the restaurant with the celebration, awesome and unforgettable.

Cheap and cheerful without doubt. A wonderful experience of the true culture of the most modest and friendly hardworking people, definitely.

Reviewed July 3, 2008

we visited cinderella beach as a cheap last minnute deal for two weeks. Initially we were quite nervous, as the hotel was very quiet, and two weeks is a long time to spend in such a remote location, which it is! BUt this holiday was great, The be3ach had the most amazing house reef! Pool was ok clean, with enough sun loungers. MY boyfriend diod the padi open water course at the neighbouring hotel which is 5 star, and when you do this you can use that hotels facillities. If you are into diving a trip to abu dabeeb is a must, as we got to see a dugong(sea cow 3m long)

The diving wasn't cheap. I am qualified and I paid £40 per dive. The padi open water course worked out to be £320.

Food was average for egypt. avoided the meat as it was poor quality. Was good the first week, but a bit repetitive. Fed up with it by the 2nd week.

There were no problems with any of the all nclusive drinks. They give you free bottled water. spirits were good wine poor.

Advice get your currency out there from the hotel next doors cash point as you get a better exchange rate, plus all the prices in Marsa alam were in euros so we were often finding ourselves working out euros into egyptian pounds back into english pounds.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
#5 of 12 in Marsa Alam
Fantazia Resort
Fantazia Resort
#10 of 68 in Marsa Alam

Been to Cinderella Beach Resort? Share your experiences!