Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$36
View deal
$34
View deal
Priceline$62
Travelocity$36
Orbitz.com$36
All reviews fish rest and relaxation coral reef a lovely holiday face masks bit boring very nice hotel nile cruise luxor desert sun sea diving swimming egypt dolphins pier
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have been going to this resort since several years - unlike most other guests I do not go for vacation but for work at a nearby port - so I do not use the recreation facilities much. Resort is very decent - all basics are in place - rooms are spacious - very clean. Entire property is well manage and clean - staff is very pleasant and welcoming - food is decent though choices in menu are few - breakfast and dinner are buffet. Perfect place and a decent price - what else we need?

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank Sunny I
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel is spread over 2 sites, one either side of the road into El Quseir (not busy).It has good size rooms, several nice size pools, day time entertainment (I left that to the kids), table tennis, tennis, gym etc. During our stay over Easter 2012 the hotel was very quiet, but then so were all the hotels in Quseir. The only thing that let the hotel down in my opinion was the evening entertainment. Good for families, but El Quseir doesn't have any pubs/clubs etc so not for partying.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank lI0ve2h0liday
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family live in Cairo and wanted a few days away to relax. This is a great place to do it. The pool is clean and the beach is fabulous. You can't swim directly off it to protect the reef but there is a jetty out to the reef.

The reef is fantastic, especially for those of us who snorkel rather than dive. We couldn't join in the dive school but I believe it is PADI qualified and there was certainly a regular crowd taking part.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful without being in your face. The hotel is clean and well run and the food is good for the standard "international" fare. Hunt out the Egyptian dishes as they tend to be the best especially the sherwma and grilled chicken and salads. My only criticism is that water should be provided and not have to be bought.

Bring lots of books when you come because the resort is isolated and the nearest town isn't very exciting though there is an interesting Ottoman fort to explore.

There is internet at a reasonable price but no wi fi so perfect to get away from it all! The resort is geared to a German audience so the TV channels are limited but for those of us who see this as a positive, enjoy.

If you want a friendly place to relax and see fish that only live in aquaria in cold climates this would be a great place.

Room tip: We requested pool side rooms with connecting doors and were allocated that. However, we live in Egypt and booked through a contact of my husband so am not sure how this would work if booking outside Egypt.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MrsElizabethCairo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at the beach resort in March 2009 and am going back next month for another holiday.

The hotel is remotely situated so it's good for a get away from it all holiday. The facilities inside the hotel are good and the snorkelling/diving is excellent. The house reef is amazing.
The town of Quseir is unspoilt and there are only a few tourist souvenir shops in one area of the town. The rest of the town is egyptian residential with local coffee shops (for tea and shisha), the coffee shops on the town beach are used by locals and tourists alike so the prices are fair. The local people are friendly and do not hassle you to buy their goods.

We took an excursion to Luxor, Karnak, Valley of the Kings and Hatsepshut's temple. It was a long but excellent day and good value. The hotel gave us a packed breakfast to eat on the coach. I would recommend taking a pillow from your hotel room for in the coach.

I would definitely recommend this resort for a relaxing holiday and a look at real life in Egypt.

Room tip: The garden side of the resort is across the road from the beach resort. If you are going for snorkelling/diving or sea views choose the beach side.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Louisa0106
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have visited this hotel 8 times since 2007 (i am working in the moment in Cairo), three times with my wife who came for a visit from Germany, and we always enjoyed it. Ok, the hotel is located a little bit isolated 7 km outside the town of Qussier, and Qussier too is not a very special place for people who like entertainment and hully-gully. But for us it is this, what we like: silence, sunbathing the whole day, even in December-January, a very friendly and helpfull staff, a very good dinner (the salad bar is great with many variations and really tasty, the nearly every day served fish was excellent and also the other dishes fulfilled all our expectations). This is not a hotel for all, but for us it was just what we wanted: a place to dangle your soul, relax and to catch some force.

Date of stay: March 2012