“Natural beatiful”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
xiamen
“Natural beatiful”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

It is wonderful hotel. Can let us feel you are far away from your hard work. A good place for relax. The building is unit. You can feel yourself in a place which you feel you are in heaven.

• Stayed January 2009
1 Thank Suloe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I am a returning guest to this great resort for like the 5th time and counting days for my next stay there...
It's the best resort on the red sea...I have stayed in lots of hotel in Hurghada..Souma Bay and Makadi Bay and no 5 stars hotels is close enough to the Movenpick El Quseir.
The staff are sooo friendly and service is excellent..nice breakfast and diner buffet...the pools are very nice and with the bay they have you don't need to dive...just swim around the bay and snorkle and enjoy..
If you are booking I recommend room 2308...it is the best room i stayed in...a bit far but quiet + u can get free wifi from Radison hotel ;)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank MoeLeb
Brugge
Reviewed September 8, 2009

It is already the third time we have choosen this hotel !
Helpfull en very friendly personal (reception-, travelinformation-, beach-, animation-, restaurant-, cleaningpersonal,...). A few examples below :
a) we closed our hoteldoor and forgot our key... within 2 min the personal opened it for us again with a big smile !
b) my daughter was 1 evening a bit sick (cause of too much seawater) and the restaurantpersonal were so worried they gave some advice and even brought some herbal thee for solving the litlle problem,
c) all days our room was cleaned very well and all the electronics (TV and internet, telephone, airconditioning, refridgerator, waterboiler, ..) worked without any problems.
Several times the personal asked if everything was okay with te room.

The Dive Tribe is a diversclub at Môvenpick hotel.

The personal over there are really te best : immediately you feel yourself at home.
They give you more informations than you really want to know, so you never can feel lost.
Also the divelocations are just amazing beatifull. For example 'Dolphinhouse' : saw a group of 10 dolphins at 3 meter distance ! But there are so many more diveplaces.
Just put your eyes under water and you see already many corals and all kind of fisches.
Mij dauther saw this year (2009) a turtle, an iktfish and some seastars for the first time.

The intructors are the top of the best I know so far...
The two vacations before I sat just on the boat while the teenagers were diving and had lots of fun. (I did not had the guts swimming in sea). Their underwater expirences and stories were just so great... Many instructors tried to convince me for having look underwater, but in vain. At last, this year would be different. Bruce, who is an instructor with 19 years expirience, thougt me very gently and with lost of patience how to swim in seawater, to help myself if there would be a trouble with my mask or snorkle, and how to take advantage of the current. Many thanks Bruce ! I am not afraid anymore jumping in the Red Sea. I discovered a whole new world I never could imagine to see it in real. Lots of different fishes and corals. Thanks Bruce for guiding me arround !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank AnnickAmanda
England
Reviewed June 19, 2009

This is a good quality resort hotel, located well away from the more populous parts of the Red Sea - good for relaxing and some quiet dive sites. The standards at the hotel are good - the rooms are nice and airy, clean and comfortbale. Communal areas are good and with several restaurants around the site there is plenty of choice - good as there is precious little else close by. The on site dive club is very good - well run and professional and with the house reef close by makes for relaxing, though not very challenging diving but there are not the crowds that you get on the sites around Sharm or Hurgada. The dive centre arranges dives to other local sites as well as the house reef does get a bit samey after a while!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jackson82
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 4, 2009

The wife and I stayed there for our second honeymoon. The staff was nice and frinedly, the location is great nice and far from all the mass toruism, and the facilities were ncie with a lot to offer.
In addition, the diving facilities UBEX were first class. The house reef is well kept with an environmental center and there is plenty of nice sand and beach to hang out on.
The only drawback are the prices for the meals. We found these meals to be a bit overpriced. You can get a taxi into town for 10 Euros both ways and eat at some nice seafood restaraunts for less than 20% of what the hotel charges and way better quality.
We only booked bed and breakfast due to the fact that the cost for half board was more than paying the meals at night ourselves.
The housekeeping could have done a better job in re-supplying the room. We had to call a few times, because towels or certain other things were missing. When we called the front-desk and spoke to Hamid (trainee at night) he always answere the phone all up beat and squeaky, but once it came to the issue needing to be resolved, we had to call back and hear Hamid's high-pitched squeaky voice. Very frustrating to have to call back and chase the staff to get towels in your room after having waited for already over an hour.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jessejasonlewis
Switzerland
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I (25 years old) stayed at the Mövenpick Resort in El Quseir in mid-April 2008 with my parents and brother (18) would go back anytime! Since April is not 'high-season' the hotel was not crowded so it was really nice and quiet. We had been to Sharm-el-Sheikh before, and El Quseir is certainly a completely different experience! As there are only very few hotels it is not as touristy and noisy as Sharm - therefore I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to spend a relaxing holiday with quite days at the pool /beach and snorkling or diving. If you're looking for bars or clubs you would be disappointed, in that case I'd recommend Sharm-el-Sheikh or possibly Hurghada (have never stayed there, however).

The hotel itself is beautiful, built 'nubian' style with romantic one-floor bungalows that have a small terrace out front. We had one with sea-view which was beautiful, in the mornings as well as at night, when you could sit outside reading etc. The rooms were rather basic but clean and comfortable. I absolutely loved the bungalow-style as opposed to big hotel complexes, so I was very content with the accomodation. There is air-condition (even though we didn't use it that often, rather chilly nights in April), a mini-bar and a safe that works well and you can turn in laundry (efficient but rather expensive). The rooms are being cleaned every day, absolutely spot-less. They even cleaned up my brother's mess! The bungalows are surrounded by gorgeous gardens that are very well kept.

The food was good, especially the breakfast - plenty of choices of everything you might want. You could either have breakfast in the big spacious dining room where the big buffee was (too much air-condition for my taste!) or outside by one of the pools. The choice of food was a bit more limited there, but it was still satisfying - definitely worth it since you can enjoy the morning sun and avoid air-conditioning!
We usually had lunch at the restaurant at the beach, where you could order drinks, soup, sandwiches, hamburgers, fish&chips etc., which was alright. We even had ice-cream (Mövenpick!) and did not get any stomache problems. In general: if you stick to 'cook it, peel it or leave it' and maintain a good hand hygiene you'll be fine. Dinner was fine as well, again a great variety of foods. Everything seems very clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Make sure to tip them well, as their salary is not even worth mentioning... Compared to a European hotel, there seem to be an endless amount of employees so that you never have to look out for anyone to help you or wait around (well go figure, plenty of employees, minimum wages...).

You can choose to have dinner at one of the served restaurants instead of the buffee if you make a reservation in advance. We tried this twice, and especially the 'Nubian night' was very special, as it was outside at one of the pools and they had a show with music and dancing.

There are three nice pools and plenty of sunbeds and you get a towel card so that you can get a new pool/beach towel whenever you want. One pool (closest to main building) has a great view of the sea! There are pool bars as well and one can participate in aqua-gym etc., we never tried this, though. It never seemed to get crowded at the pools, but well, it was April.

We spent every day at the beach! Great sand-beach with little 'private' areas where you had an umbrella and a little 'wall' so that you had your privacy. The staff helps to get you as many sunbeds as you need. You would easily find a spot even if you came to the beach late! There was always a lifeguard and you can walk directly into the water as there is a space between the corals, like a tunnel, so you can refresh yourself even if you don't want to snorkle like we did. Perfect even for someone who is not an experienced snorkler, as you don't need to go far or very deep in order to see beautiful fish, even though you can go further out if you want. There is a small kids-club that organizes some stuff for kids (there were not very many children at the hotel, however) and they have volley-ball games every afternoon. The diving-center (which is located at one end of the beach) seemed to be great, I would definitely have taken a course if we had stayed for more than just a week.

My brother and father went quad-biking once and they had a blast. You can rent mountain-bikes, too. We also went running / walking in the desert that is across the street from the hotel early in the morning, very fascinating! A piece of 'real Egypt'. We also took a taxi to the old Quseir, definitely worth a visit if you're interested in the life of the locals. You can walk around and there are not many tourists, except for one street that is crowded with tourist shops and tourists! Awful. So if you go, do it for the experience of how people in 'real Egypt' live and not fore the cheap stores, even though the shop-owners are probably grateful for the tourists. Either way, make sure to dress adequately, men and women, out of respect for their culture.

The hotel also offers trips and things like camel- and horseback riding. We did horse-back riding in the desert and it was a wonderful experience! (Might not be such a good idea for completely inexperienced riders, though...). That is definitely the advantage of going in early spring, it is not too hot to go into the desert or to be active! We didn't try any of the day-trips, but there seemed to be plenty.

There are tennis courts and a small fitness room as well. They offer things like massages, manicures etc. which you can sign up for at the beach (they are not pushy about it, though). I got a pedicure which was not extremely expensive but not very professional, I wouldn't do it again. The hotel also has a few tourist stores where you can buy post cards, souvenirs and products like sun-screen. Bring your own sun-screen etc., though, since it's very expensive in these stores and the sun-screen that we bought was not really good (they only had Egyptian brand).

The weather was perfect most of the time, around 30 degrees, you really had to lay in the shade during mid-day! In the mornings it was nice and cool but it soon got rather hot. A bit chilly in the evenings, so bring a jacket. The last two days it was a bit stormy (which happens once in a while this time of year, apparently) but it wasn't too bad. One day you weren't allowed to go out more than a few metres in the water, however.

As I said, I would go back anytime (as soon as I can afford it on my own, as I'm still in university...), and next time I want to learn how to dive! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a calm and carefree holiday but also if you like to be active (desert, mountain-biking etc.). I would think that it's a pretty good place to go with young kids, as there is a nice playground and a small kids club. Teenagers would probably be rather bored as there were not many teens (at least not in April), unless they are into stuff like snorkling, swimming and volley-ball. There is a disco that wasn't open when we stayed there, so I can't speak for summer-time, maybe there is more 'action' for young people! As I was looking forward to some relaxing and snorkling it was perfect for me, even though I'm 'only' 25. Most people seemed to be my parents age (50+) or younger couples, some with children (overall not very many kids, though). If you have booked your holiday to Mövenpick in El Quseir: great choice, I promise you a fantastic holiday! Just remember the 'cook it, peel it or leave it'-rule (be careful with green salad, some desserts etc.), avoid ice-cubes and wash your hands a lot and you won't get sick :)

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Scarlet0983
North West
Reviewed November 18, 2008

Great hotel - swiss run so very efficient, clean and well organised. We booked this in the hope of finding somewhere away from the crowds and tourist hotspots with good facilities in a beautiful setting - and we were not disappointed. The majority of guests seemed to be German & Swiss, with not many familes/kids, so it was pretty quiet which was nice. The resort is appox 1 hour transfer from the airport (you can fly direct to Marsa Alam International Airport). Outside the resort is just desert and a few buildings, an not a lot else. Inside the resort it is lovely. low rise domed bungalows set in gardens along the bay, many with a view of the sea. We had a double room, which although a little basic, was very comfortable, clean and only about 30 seconds from the beach.The reef offers plenty for snorkelling & diving, with a dive centre on site. We also took the quad bike tour into the desert trails which we'd highly recommend - lots of fun! Service in the resort is exceptional, everyone is more than happy to help you and you are well looked after. The food in the main orangerie restaurant is very good, buffet with good selection for all tastes. There are also 4 or 5 other restaurants on site to choose from and all seemed pretty good, with the food always fresh and service outstanding. The Top of the rocks bar is lovely in the evening for either a cocktail/beer/coffee and stargazing while listening to the waves on the edge of the reef.
Judging from the look of some of the other resorts we passed and from speaking to other people the Movenpick and the SAS Radisson (they are only a few minutes apart) seem to offer the best holidays at the moment).

Nice place - would come back again.

• Liked — romantic, quiet, clean, good service
  • Disliked — nothing really - was all good.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rich_allmark
#8 of 11 in El Quseir
LTI Akassia Beach
LTI Akassia Beach
#3 of 11 in El Quseir

Been to Movenpick Resort El Quseir? Share your experiences!