“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pharaoh Dive Club

Pharaoh Dive Club
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in El Quseir
More attraction details
Owner description: Pharaoh Dive Clubs are small and friendly dive centres located at quiet uncrowded resorts around the Red Sea.Both Marsa Alam and El Quseir are local, friendly towns with a traditional Egyptian atmosphere.Each centre has a unique appeal to suit the different needs of all our divers whether travelling alone,as a couple or in a group.We listen to what you like and tailor the dive sites around you. You will never feel part of the masses but instead part of the family. We are a British owned and operated PADI 5*IDC National Geographic Dive Centre with multi-lingual European and Egyptian staff.The area between El Quseir and Marsa Alarm is considered one of the most beautiful diving regions of the Red Sea and one of the few diving areas of the Red Sea which is still unaffected by mass tourism
Crawley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Fantastic trip to this remote dive club. i and my partner stayed on site at Roots dive camp.

the diving was fabulous, i didnt have to do anything the kit was all cleaned and packed away after each day and then back where you needed it the following day. i went with my partner who does not like boats, so this was ideal. the diving was fantastic. and we stayed on the house reef. i have never seen so many spanish dancers, we had an eagle ray on our first unguided dive and got know all the house reef residents pretty well. on one dive my partner spotted a giant moray eel which must have been at least 8 feet long. we never found the ghost pipe fish steve :( and many thanks to stick who was brilliant with us.

the room was cosy we stayed in one of the luxury chalets and everything was fine, not sure about the wet room though which me and martha termed the swamp, we did get bitten by mossies a lot, and i would put this down to the damp conditions caused by the wet room. but it dint spoil our stay. actually created some mirth. as entering said room would be accompanied by the cry SWAMP. it was cleaned every day to perfection.

food was limited in choice but what was put out was cooked expertly by chef, i understand this as there was at times only a few of us ther for lunch so it would be poinitless making 16 differnat dishes just to throw most of it away. none of the coagulated, pawed over mess at the larger all in hotels, and the soft all in included fresh juice normally you have to pay for this. Chef the om ali, chunky chicken and chips and falafel were superb. p.s. i didnt know you could do so many things with chicken. :)

what was nice was to be left to our own devices, diving at our own pace, to our own level, not hassled to do trips or dive elphinstone, buy a massage or toe trim etc. it was quiet (bliss), i didnt have to listen to screaming kids, drunks, loud euro pop all day long. nor wait in a q for a glass of coke.

just a word of warning, this is a remote destination, its quiet, the entertainment is the superb diving and what you make yourself, El Quesir is not hurgahda, Dahab or sharm by any stretch of the imagination. there is no pool (there is one being built for training purposes) just an uncluttered stretch of red sea. and the majestic desolation of the desert. i personally loved it and will be back with my lad to do his open water course and my dive masters next year until then steve have a great xmas and new year. hopefully the family and super luxury chalets will be finished they looked amazing.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pharaoh Dive Club never fails to impress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been twice and both times stayed at Roots Camp. Considering it is a camp in the desert by the edge of the Red Sea, it is very comfortable with a great ambiance and has all the amenities. You are always made to feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. If like me, you prefer peace and tranquility and want to concentrate on fantastic diving, then look no further. The diving centre is extremely well run and professional, no corner cutting here. The dive sites are amongst the best I have experienced in the red sea. The house reef, which is just a short stroll away, is fantastic, with so much to see, it can't fail to impress. I can't wait to go back. There are a huge amount of dive sites to choose from and fantastic day trips. Reefs, Wrecks, Photography, Caverns, its all here.

Visited October 2012
“Excellent diving highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

What a great week diving...

Went to Elphinstone where we saw 6 oceanic white tips on one dive plus dolphins turtles, giant barracuda plus large napoleons wrasse, perfect !!!

Also on Abu Sautier Pharaoh house reef we saw octopus, turtles and rays...

The corals were spawning on one particular dive so Steve our guide suggested we move dive sites which the visibility then improved greatly and we saw crocodile fish, morays and stingrays :-)

The staff are excellent and the guides are very professional, I would highly recommend this dive club and have booked our holiday for next year already, can't wait to go back :-)

Rotherham, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Amazing week of diving with excellent dive centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Would just like to say thanks for an amazing weeks diving, we went to Elphinstone and yes the Oceanics are back, saw six on one dive and also turtles and a huge pod of dolphins, giant barracuda and napoleons wrasse :-)

Also we was on a few of the dives that the people in the last review were talking about and there was coral spawning which I believe they mistook it for poor vis as they quoted it was due to waves blowing up the sand. It was an high tide that day so no drag back on an outgoing tide. Sand doesn't float at the surface but plankton does.

The guide was very experienced and we have been diving with this club for the last four years and continue to return year after year to receive excellent service from the same staff.

Throughout the week we saw turtles practically on every dive, eagle rays and had an amazing experience with an octopus who wanted to play...

The hard boat was out of use however it made a comfortable base to change and go out on the zodiac so no problems there plus it had toilet facilities to use.

All in all I would highly recommend this dive club and will be back in the new year, thanks once again :-))))

1 Thank Alison100734
Lyon, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not reliable Scuba club - bad surprises and waterproof camera stolen !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've made hundreds of dives in Red Sea with on-shore clubs or cruises. I've never been treated so unrespectfully and unpolitely like I was by this club.

1) Boat was on dry deck although it was not specified in the mails exchanges.

2) A trip with the speedy boat was hosted from the old boat belonging to this club, but it was so dirty that we barely dared to sit down on the deck.

3) Martina asked us to choose the dives we wanted to make the next day, but changed the dives sites without notifying us, the next morning....so why did she ask? .... and we ended up with one new chosen dive, to offer very bad visibility, because of big waves over the coral reef that mixed the sand on the 0-20m deep, and additional, the guide argued it was because of coral reproduction .... First there are 1000s of clear water possible dives everywhere to avoid selecting this kind of dive, and the guide (who presented himself as experienced) could have assumed the conditions upfront, second did he ever see what coral reproduction could look like, to provide such silly explanations? Are customers considered so doom?

4) Last but not least, I, by mistake left my computer and my waterproof camera in the box at the end of one day, but did not find the camera back the following day...Martina unpolitely rejected everything I was telling her, and put the whole responsability on my shoulders, arguing I'd been told not to leave any small things in the box because it could have fallen by mistake. A camera is not a small thing, and the computer which was smaller was still there (it was an old one!!!) the camera (which was quite new) had disappeared. Martina did not accept to listen that I was sure I left the 2 in the box, although I mentioned the event to her on the phone in the evening when I realized I had forgotten them.

It seems this club is much too unrespectful to its clients, no taking in consideration what customer says, and rejecting the fault on the customer, without considering the club may fail.
Even if I know I should avoid to leave costy things in the box, errors happen, and the least I'm expecting is that I find them back the following day and the club takes care of them, because we don't have access to the boxes after the boxes have been put on the jeep and brought back to the club, under the responsability of the club team.

As a conclusion, I do not recommend this club...it is the worst I visited among the 11 diving journeys I made in Red Sea over the past 8 years.

3 Thank ReadSeaDiveuse S