“Great vacation”
Review of LTI Akassia Beach

LTI Akassia Beach
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in El Quseir
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Everything in hotel was perfect! We were there during Christmas time and it was beautiful. We traveled with our 2 years old son and really enjoyed it. Great food, friendly staff and nice and big room. Every day was cleaned. One day we had some problems with the entrance doors and for 10 min they fixed it by maintenance guys. It was really really nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Slavula
There are newer reviews for LTI Akassia Beach

Reviewed December 7, 2013

I've just return from a week at the lovely LTI Akassia resort. I travelled with my 2yr old son and all I can say is as soon as we arrived at the hotel the reception staff made us feel very welcomed, our room was lovely, very clean and everyday our room was immaculate from the young gentlemen that attended to clean our room. He left lovely towel displays which my son loved, we were overlooking one of the many pools and we had a slight view of the lovely Red Sea. The staff everywhere were extremely friendly, helpful and paid a lot of attention to my son, making him laugh so much, this was not only the waiters but also the chefs were also very helpful friendly and comical with my son, so thank you to all the staff at the Akassia Restaurant you were amazing!

The waterpark was fab, we were there everyday and for 4 days it was just me and my son there. He loved it. All the pools/sunbed areas/ restrooms were immaculate and cleaned every day.

We are defiantly going to return next year the food was lovely, desserts were amazing especially the yellow/orange coconut tart! And drinks plentiful. Really didn't want to go home, but will return next yr along with my husband

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Christina118
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I didn't know what to expect upon our arrival as I had previously not been to Egypt. We were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived with a gorgeous fresh fruit cocktail ! A speedy check in process and taken to our room with our luggage on the hotel taxi cart. The room - A family room - was extremely spacious. We had a cold buffet meal waiting for us in the room with a fully stocked mini bar. All free. I had read quite a few other reviews with regards to water and salad etc. We did not have any problems. We re-used our water bottles to fill them daily with fresh water provided around the complex in water butt's. The facilities was fantastic, the staff was more than happy to get you anything you needed and bring it to you. We developed great relationships with our regular waiters, they were fantastic with our 2 boys. Nothing was ever too much trouble. We found the resort so quiet, relaxing and very peaceful. The weather was just gorgeous for the complete 2 weeks. We had our room cleaned, fresh towels and fresh bedding every single day !! The towel arrangements we came home to everyday were a feature the kids loved. On the single occasion when my husband felt unwell, the hotel gave him free of charge meds and sent a complimentary fruit platter and a bottle of wine to our room. I will most definitely return to this resort. The location was remote and this for us was perfect. The only gripe for me was the animation side of things. The mini disco every night with the same music for 14 nights was enough to drive us slightly insane ! The shows after 9pm they provided were enjoyable tho. The grounds were very kept, very clean and well organised. The Aqua park was just superb. The staff, once again, were friendly, polite and good fun, and because we were at the end of the season there was no need to queue which pleased my boys no end ! The hot water in the rooms was plentiful even with 5 of us showering every night. A great idea also waas that they drove round a pest fumigator every evening so flies and mosquitoes were very minimal. It was a perfect holiday.

Room Tip: The family rooms were the most spacious but furthest away from the main reception
2  Thank Wendy T
Reviewed October 31, 2013

First let me give you the bad points...erm I cannot really think of any! We have just returned from this hotel and it was absolutely fantastic, the welcome by the staff when we arrived was very good, our check in took about 2 minutes, our luggage was taken to our room straight away and we were given a refreshing drink while all this was going on.
The buffet style restaurant was very good, the food was varied and well presented and I must say very tasty for the whole week we were there. The staff were very friendly and helpful in all the areas and also very polite.
The grounds are immaculate and very tidy and no matter when you go out, morning, midday, afternoon you can always get a sun bed, the grounds are huge, no overcrowding.
The aqua park for the kids is amazing our grandson loved every minute of our stay there and there are no queues for the water slides or wave pool, rapids, Olympic pool, the list goes on.
We are grandparents and really enjoyed watching the kids have a great time and I even did the rapids, and the wave pool.
The hotel is set right on the beach so take your mask and snorkel the sea life is awesome.
There is nothing outside the hotel, no shops or bars but we didn't miss that at all.
One final thing you do have to buy a visa when you arrive which they don't tell you at the travel agents, I know you have to get one in Sharm if you are traveling out of the resort but here you have to get one either way, you can buy it from the HSBC bank on arrival at the airport for £10 or on the coach for £13.
As I have said we are grandparents, but we would definitely go again without the grandchildren on our own. We have been to Egypt several times but this was the best hotel we have stayed in there.

Room Tip: Blocks 18, 19, 20 near the beach but nice and quiet at night.
3  Thank Paul m
Reviewed October 26, 2013

In short; this is the best hotel that my kids ever been to, and one of the best I have ever visited. The hotel spacious and well deigned, I was lucky to get a room that can view the sea directly (cluster 18); the staff is very friendly and eager to serve you. The food quality was very good as well as the room service. They don't have that wonderful animation team, however this is something I don't care much about. They only need to hire more staff as during our last two days of stay two trips joined as and the hotel was really crowded, so we suffered at the pool bar when ordering something.

1  Thank AkmalMagdy
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family and I decided to visit Akassia Swiss resort because we had heard such great reviews about the Aqua Park and family atmosphere. At the start of our stay we were upset about a few things concerning our reservations but as soon as I brought my issues to the attention of the management team and guest relations they were more than willing to accommodate our concerns. The manager of guest relations compansated our whole family by upgrading us to lti status for the remainder of our stay, changed our room for us to a better view and sent us a beautiful fruit platter! We loved the peaceful environment Akassia afforded us and the excellent cuisine! We truly enjoyed spending a few days in paradise and look forward to coming back to Akassia in the future!

Room Tip: End units and those on the upper floor have a beautiful red brick dome ceiling.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Me and my partner returned after a very peaceful 2 week holiday last Thursday. We had a brilliant holiday although there where a few issues, but nothing that ruined the holiday and i would recommend this hotel to other people without a doubt

i'll start with the issues:

Both me and my partner had diarrhoea for the whole of the 2 weeks, we always carried hand sanitizer around with us, used it a lot as well as drinking water - we took immodium (didnt work at all) but still it was constant throughout and then for a few days when we go back, i actually fell really ill 3 days after our return but im certain it was nothing to do with the holiday. Even though we had constant diarrhoea we felt fine, happy, excited, healthy (we just needed to make sure there was a toilet near by!) so it didnt ruin it for us at all, we both think it was just one of them things... The only other thing was that by the last couple of days we both ended up loosing our appetite, didnt really want to eat much, i dont know whether it was due to the diarrhoea, the actual food at the hotel was brilliant, we both just didnt want to eat!

Another issue we had was the 'all inclusive' ... wasn't really that great.. yes you get all your food (big variety's too) and most of the drinks... but anything bottled you have to pay for... so unless you want to pay for water you have to refill a previously used bottle daily (on arrival you get 2 small bottles of water complimentary so we ended up reusing them) there are water and juice stations dotted around everywhere with small plastic cups to have a drink but you dont get any fresh bottles of water in your room or anything like that. The soft drinks where an issue for us too, your only allowed very watered down cola/fanta/sprite from a 'dispenser' if you wanted a bottle of coke, or a can... you have to pay... it was anoying because the coke from the dispenser tasted horrible, and not like coke at all! luckily the sprite tasted ok so we mainly drank that.. but seriously?? its the same for alcohol too, your cant have a bottle of beer or anything that its all taken out of a dispenser (we both dont like beer so we didnt taste it anyway)

I just think that when you pay the amount you have paid for an all inclusive holiday... EVERYTHING should be all inclusive! there where even bar men walking around with lovely looking fruit cocktails, asking if you'd like one and then telling you that it costs money!!

we wasnt really able to snorkel off the jetty because the flag was red most the time (red meaning no snorkelling allowed, yellow meaning strong swimmers only and white meaning anyone can snorkel) on the occasions it was yellow, the sea still looked really choppy and we didnt have flippers so we didnt dare go in! but there is a lovely section in the sea that you can go in whenever you want and the fish are amazing, there are loads! try going snorkeling when its quiet.. on the last day we decided to go in, and there was no one else in there (usually theres loads of other people splashing about which ends up scaring some fish away, also kicking up the sand which makes it harder to see) and we managed to see 2 blue spotted sting rays and loads of puffer fish! aswell as other really colourful fish we hadn't previously seen

The beach was lovely, the room was lovely, we where immediately upgraded to the 'LTI' side, we had booked club calimera but was given an 'LTI' wristband and room! it was lovely, spacious and kept clean daily. The water park was amazing, we didnt really bother with the entertainment so cant comment, there are load of pools in the complex and they where all lovely and huge!

there was a variety of restaurants but we mainly stuck to the LTI one as it was peaceful! There is a big variety of food we never had an issue finding anything.

The weather was amazing, really hot but a lovely breeze which makes you feel much better!

Wifi isn't free but they do have computer rooms you can use free of charge.

we booked 2 trips with Thomson, one being samadai reef (amazing) and the other being oceans cruise..

ill start with samadai reef..... AMAZING

Samadai reef is also known as 'dolphin house' but there not always guaranteed to be there, we where lucky enough to see them though, we first saw a couple out of the water, and then we got in the water with our snorkelling gear and within 10 mins there was at least 70 swimming and playing around us! it was amazing, best experience of my life so far and its so much better then swimming with them in a fish tank! we couldnt touch them (obviously) but seeing them all together, playing, mothers with their babies, was absolutely unbelievable, they hung around for about an hour too! im so glad we brought an underwater camera case for our camera because we took some brilliant photos and videos. On the same trip we did some normal snorkeling and was lucky enough to come across a reef turtle that just needed to come up for air! so aswell as the dolphins we got a good close up of a turtle too! AMAZING

The second trip was an oceans cruise where we stopped off at 1 reef in which you are guaranteed to find turtles, we saw 2 and they where huge!! we also did some normal snorkeling and saw stingrays and other weird and wonderful fishes, the guides where brilliant, always spotting the fishes!

So all in all we had a brilliant holiday, we would recommend this hotel but then also warn about the diarrhoea which i'm sure is just a general problem anyway!

Room Tip: we where in block 58 room 5808 which had a brilliant view of the pool and the beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam
#34 of 68 in Marsa Alam
Club Calimera Akassia Swiss Resort
Movenpick Resort El Quseir

Been to LTI Akassia Beach? Share your experiences!