Lowest prices for your stay
$65
Fully refundable before Wed, Mar 6
No prepayment needed
StayForLong
$38
All reviews extra divers sun all day other guests unmade road fish hotel jetty a ground floor room wi fi pasta mini bar soft drinks special thanks desert german kerolos diving reef
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2020 via mobile

As per all available info, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. One needs to be aware of that and choose this adults only resort just if that's what they want.
Adventurous transfer with no road may scare some, it put smile on my face :)
Staff of the hotel is absolutely amazing. Smiling, nice, kind, contributing to really pleasant atmosphere. Unlike some reviews, I didn't feel any pressure at all to tip, they were perfect without tips throughout all my stay and thus I think they deserved what I left at the end.
I found food really good, plenty of options every day, lot of fresh veg, fish, chicken, beef, soups, salads...and cakes! Omg, cakes ❤
Not sure about breakfast though as I was lazy and slept in ;)
Room was very spacious, bathroom really clean, plenty of storage, huge balcony. Sand finds it's way, but that's what cleaning is for.
2 big pools, jacuzzi, beach with easy sea access (that surprised me as some people wrote it is possible just from the pier - not true). I recommend swimming shoes though, I wandered bit further and was glad I had them.
Here or there one can see cracked mug or chipped glass, but nothing too annoying.
Most of the tourists in the hotel are German and thus first choice of language for all staff is German. However, after "I don't speak German ", there was no problem with English at the reception, bar or restaurant.
All together, I really enjoyed the time there and felt relaxed after my week there ❤

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank zlamalka
Reviewed December 11, 2019

Communication:
a) Very limited English is spoken at the hotel.
b) The hotel brochures were purely in German language, no documents pertaining to any excursions were provided in English.
c) To travel away from the hotel to the nearest habited area was a 15 minute taxi ride.
Food:
a) Food was very poor and there were no changes during the week on breakfast. No fruit was provided except a type of fruit cocktail. Fresh fruit juice was an additional cost if you had the blue and yellow all inclusive band.
b) At main meals fish was present within a variety of dishes without any warning. There was no advice of what some of the dishes were or had contained within them, meaning we did not eat very well.
c) Food was rarely hot. A microwave was provided to heat up the meals that were provided.

General:
a) The hotel is labelled as a 4 star hotel. The state of the rooms were acceptable, however the following was obvious from the décor and state:
a. Floor tiles in their abundance were loose in the main entrance are and were uneven.
b. Cables were lying out in the open without being fixed.
c. Various parts of the hotel were dilapidated such as lighting fixtures and parts of the pool area.
b) Internet access is extremely poor. Wifi access is not throughout the hotel and only confined to the restaurant, pool areas and main lobby.
c) Treated differently as we did not tip the staff at the hotel. We received limited attention and attention based on requesting things.
d) Various different towels were available to customers, we were provided with old blue and white stripped towels which were torn, damaged and out dated.
e) Swimming was not permitted in the sea unless from the pier. This meant that you had to swim in deep water in strong currents in between divers and snorkelling activities.
f) Apart from on Thursday night, there was no activities or any form of entertainment during the stay.

Room tip: Pool side with a balcony, this also stops you being sand blasted by the wind from the north / west.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Sjulie552
Reviewed October 12, 2019

We stayed here at the end of our 2 weeks in Egypt to attend a nearby music festival in Soma Bay. The things is, while it looked only a 20 min drive from Soma Bay on Google maps, half that distance is off-road driving through the desert (literally, there is NO road) following the occasional sign “Viva Blue - Escape into the Sun”. We felt more like we were escaping to the Moon, never knowing if a building would ever appear on the horizon. The dirt path alone would take 20-30 mins driving, depending on the bravery of the driver. Needless to say, getting transport was a nightmare. There’s no Uber outside of Hurghada and Careem drivers were reluctant to come during the day, let alone at 3am after the festival.

However, the place was nice and very spacious and had two big pools. If you like quiet, this is the place to be. 95% older Germans. Food was average, but drinks were not pricey. For the price we paid, it was good value. The best thing is, the house reef is amazing - no SCUBA needed, just hours of snorkeling.

You do have to remember, there was literally nothing out at Soma Bay a few year ago, so you can expect it will be much more built up soon and more convenient.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank MyCsPiTTa1
Reviewed September 18, 2019 via mobile

Qued for nearly an hour to get a visa at one of the banks at the airport, reps calling to the crowd to go to their desks to buy visas from them, wish I had of done as they were only £4 dearer.
Had a private transfer which took just under an hour to get to the resort, the last 2km was desert and we crawled, girlfriend and I a little alarmed thinking we were being kidnapped 😁.
Arrived late 2230 hrs, was offered the ultra all inclusive where you get a blue wrist band and not yellow, this entitles you to canned drinks and later bar service, costs around £5 each per day.
Rooms were spotless, had our lounge with direct access to the pools via French windows and a bedroom with a balcony. Separate air conditioning units which we controlled and you need them it's very hot there.
Most other tourists were German, we were one of four English couples there.
Never snorkelled but we borrowed masks from another couple and looked at the coral reef just off the jetty, a must of your there, pretty impressive.
Food was good, never queued, staff all very friendly especially Ahmed Ramadan.
Quiet at night just live entertainment in the Thursday, a local singer.
All in all a good holiday, came away very chilled.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bebb53
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel since 2 weeks through hotels website, and at the same day of reservation I called the hotel to confirm my reservation and everything went ok.
2 days before my vacation I called them to make my second confirmation and make sure everything is ok. And here is the biggest surprise !!!
The guy answered informed me to call
Mr. Aziz Halim to confirm my reservation.
I called Mr. Aziz and he told me that the contract with Hotels is for German and British citizens only and not for local and that my reservation is not valid.
I told him nobody called me within last 2 weeks and told me that and my name is Arabic Name Bassem Farouk and I called them at the same day to confirm my reservation. After 1 hour of conversation he admit that there is mistake from hotel side that they don't review the reservations. But finally there is no solution !!!
After 2 hours I received phone call from hotel and the reception guy told me the Mr. General manager wants to talk with me.
He apologized for what happens and admit as well that there are some internal mistakes but advised me with what !!!
NOT TO COME AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STAY AT HOTEL !!!!
I travelled to many countries around the world but that low level of customer service especially from the GM I didn't face before and it really made me very frustrated.
I told him no one called me to inform me the reservation is not valid and I am the one who contacted them and I knew that by luck !!!
And I already arranged my vacation and with my family as well.
I told him that I will escalate the case to highest level and he mentioned that do whatever you want !!!
Anyway I communicated again with hotels.com after all the hassle and on the opposite side I found them very understanding and reallocate my reservation for another hotel according to my recommendation.

The message I want to tell to MR. GM Ibrahim Mounir
try to respect your guests to be respected.

Date of stay: August 2019