“You'll love the food, the rest is near perfection!”

The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Soma Bay
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 4 day stay at this hotel. Although we are Egyptians, and we go to Hurghada several times a year, we had never heard of Cascades before. we were planning to stay at Steigenberger Al Dau -we stayed there a couple of months ago- but a friend recommended Cascades and we were game to try a new place.
when we arrived we were met by a young lady called Ester who was extremely sweet and helpful. she escorted us to our room which was quite spacious, very well furnished, had a large bathroom, and a nice balcony overlooking both the beutiful golf course and the sea.
we were on a half board basis, and my experience with open Buffet is that usually you get edible food and that's it. This was completely different. Everything I ate at dinner was excellent especially the duck. Breakfast was also excellent especially the shakshouka (Egyptian style fried eggs with tomato based sauce) and the pastries and bread.
The swimming pool was quite nice, and if you are a swimmer you would enjoy doing laps in the first three lanes. The gymnasium -though small- is very well equipped, and the spa is amazing especially the aquatonic course. Moreover if you are a golfer I am sure you would enjoy the golf course which for a non golfer like me was quite a pretty sight.
There were only two drawbacks; The first was that the beach is not on the property and you have to take a 5 minute bus drive to reach it -a very nice beach though-. And i was advised by the front office manager that as the Golf course surrounds the hotel they could not have a beach on the property and have swimmers walking around while golf balls are flying everywhere. This I found to be a logical explanation. The second is that they still have CRT TVs! Well, maybe it's a touch of history but seriously they should install LED TVs as that is the only real drwback in this otherwise quite exceptional hotel. I will definitely be staying there again, and I am strongly recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AhmedRamadan
wwasfi, Front Office Manager at The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Mrs.Ramdan
Dear Mr. Ramadan

To begin with, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post your valuable feedback regarding your stay at our La Residence Des Cascades.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration. Your generous comments have been conveyed to the hotel team which have greatly motivated them.

In closing, may I thank you, once again, for taking the time to write. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you at our La Residence Des Cascades in the future.

E-Mail. reception@residencedescascades.com

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week at this fantastic five star hotel in Egypt. We have been before and always go in low season around this time. The rooms are lovely, the room cleanliness is second to none. The staff are absolutely wonderful and cannot do enough for you. There were only four English people there but the mix of other nationalities is good. The food is very good. Entertainment is low key but enough for us - we are 60ish!!!! The pool is wonderful and the shuttle to the beach runs all day any time you want. Our thanks go especially to George at the Spike Bar and his staff, Osman who cooked our eggs and the beach staff. We had a wonderful week and hope to go again next year. This really is a five star hotel as the English know it.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are equally as good as any other.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Poyser
wwasfi, Front Office Manager at The Westin Soma Bay Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Mrs . Poyser
Dear Mr. Poyser

Warm greeting from Soma Bay

On behalf of all our La Residence Des Cascades Team , I would like to thank you for your great wording and nice explanation about our unique resort

Your great feedback is a great support to do our best in providing you and all our respectable guest the service that match and exceed you expectations

Our staff in Spikes Bar ( George ) and in the Kitchen Chef ( Osman ) are truly happy and all of us are very much looking forward welcoming you back to our La Residence Des Cascades

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I called to make a reservation & was connected to the reservation department. Obviously the guy on the other end of the line had an attitude issue. He was very impatient to answer my questions about the hotel & was unwilling to give details beyond the room rate. Finally, he connected me to the reception to get rid of me. A place where the front-line people have an attitude issue is a no-go for me!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Egyptain_Columbus
Reviewed May 29, 2013

and reading the previous comment i agree that its best to try to avoid local holidays( happened to me in january) i was lucky as missed a big crowd and found a lovely, quiet relaxing as usual residence with lovely staff, a charming and good chef and had fun listening to the witty and quite dashing manager speech as the tuesday cocktail

i stayed 7 times at the cascades and never had problem, it take 3 minutes to reach the beach and its new beach mattresses, and the fact that its 100 meter to the toilet or restaurant at the next hotel doesnt stop you from enjoying one of the best beach and cleanest water that you can find

spa....well could really improve but some of the former staff is still there and they know what they are doing

all in all check your dates.... make your enquiries at the hotel before booking so you can avoid the crowd i tried a few hotels aroud and frankly you cant beat la residence des cascades and i look forward to my 8th stay

Mr Meyer thank you for the birthday present and Paolo thank you for the cake

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bisous

Dear Mr. Bisous

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation. as well we are delighted to be always your first choice in Egypt to spend your most precious time of the year

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The crisis has sorted out fate of Residence des Cascades...sadly.
Changes of management of Soma Bay Estate were obvious by massive arrival of local customers for the Easter weekend. Situations which seemed hard to cope with as the shortage of staff was ovious as well, with downgrade of services as well.
Sadly this little paradise changed into an overcrowded hotel, the situation being even worse in 5*hotel Kempinski...Like Disneyworld on a busy weekend...
Decrease of roomprices and rise of golffees and spapackage prices didn't help either the place to function as it should either.....New Spa management didn't seem to have much experience in the sector either....Initial targeted customers are lost i think! I wish all the best to DR.Farid, former Director, and hope Cascades will wake up soon from this bad dream....

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tinie D
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A lovely destination and one of the best beaches ever. The variety of food and cuisines offered is not that much but overall was a good experience and very friendly staff
The spa is a world class facility

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jobbo42
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Smartly designed hotel, with spacous and stylish rooms. Friendly and helpful staff with excellent attitude. The experienced and demanding management's touch can be felt all around, whether it's the pool service, housekeeping, cuisine, bars, reception... Everything flawless. The golf course is difficult, yet very enjoyable, offering a different challenge with every round. The state of the fairwas and greens was everyday as if no one played there before.
Overall, The Cascades was a very pleasant experience. I will return there for more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple