“I have no complaints!”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Soma Bay
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“I have no complaints!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Ok if I really want to complain THE ONLY THING is the pool or at least one of the pools should be HEATED. That is all, otherwise this resort is PERFECT. Great food, great ambiance, beautiful. If you're considering the Kempinski hotel, don't think twice, book here! Alot of people from that hotel come to our to spend the day. PS - IF you like animation, sorry have low expectations for entertainment then you will be happy (I don't care for that, but if you have kids they will be entertained!)
room is very clean, beautiful ocean/pier view, they bring a "treat" every day (not chocolate like traditional hotels but something random like cake..)
sports/activities are included which my husband enjoyed
gym is great
and location is great
CREPES station at the breakfast buffet is great
if you like food get the all inclusive package - you will be happy!
staff is normal, they are friendly, kind and not trying to hard
if you're thinking of going, we went in april (not the best month)

Room Tip: BEST ROOMS are furthest away from main pool, BUT the next door resort plays LOUD music (disco)... (s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MINAYOUNG
Mahmoud F, Deputy Director of Guest Service at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear MINAYOUNG,

Thank you nice comments and review about Sheraton Soma Bay Resort

We are sorry that the pool was not heated during the month of April; also there will be monthly revision to our entertainment program to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

We are glad to know that you considered our hotel as one of the best of its area based on your evaluation to our service to the resident or outside guests who we are proud to be at their service.

Please note that it is our pleasure to welcome you always

Looking forward welcoming you soon at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any special wishes that will make your next holiday at our hotel as enjoyable as we can

Once again thank you for being loyal to our hotel

mahmoud.fathy@sheraton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I am in Sheraton Soma Bay at the moment and I have stopped counting how many times I came here. The first time I came was about ten years ago when I visited the hotel twice that year and I have never stopped since. I sometimes even visit up to 4 times a year. Everything here is just breathtaking. The view, the beach, the water, the pool, the service, the food, the activities.... absolutely everything here is just indescribable!!! I could have never dreamed of a better place for a vacation!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Yassinnayel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your loyalty to Sheraton Soma Bay Resort

We are grateful to know that your stay was up to your expectation that pushed you to visit our hotel for several times.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel views, the beach, the water, the pool, the service, the food and the activities within the hotel

We wish to see you soon again at our lovely resort whenever you will think to come back

Please let me know if you have any special requests that will make your next holiday at our hotel as memorable as we can

Once again thank you for being loyal to our hotel

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay . I went to soma bay last October but stayed at kempinski hotel , after staying at Sheraton Soma bay I would never think of any other place I would love to come back soon it is heaven on earth I really had a super great time the place is nice the staff are friendly specially Chef Omar whom I would like to thank for all his efforts the beach is lovely rooms are very nice a special thank all of the friendly staff really enjoyed

Stayed April 2014
Mahmoud F, Deputy Director of Guest Service at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Nevine R

Thank you for your valuable comments about your previous stay at Sheraton Soma Bay

Proud to hear that you enjoyed the stay, liked the beach, the rooms and we are grateful for your complements about our hotel associates.

I have forwarded your nice comments about Chef Omar and he is proud with what you stated about him.

We wish to consider our hotel soon for your next holiday, once you will think about coming back,

we will be more than happy to arrange for your next holiday

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed a week and every thing was great ! The beach is beautiful, but April is not the month to got to it. But besides that, the beach is great.The service and staff is perfect, they are friendly and always want to serve their guests with great pleasure.there is breakfast from 6:00 A.M to 10:30 A.M. While the dinner is from 6:30 P.M to 10:30 P.M. Housekeeping comes by your room and asks if you need anything,and I could also not forget Chef Omar-the head chef of the hotel- Honestly the best chef I've seen. He is friendly and cooks perfectly and delicious meals. Luckily, he knows my dad, so he used to ask me at breakfast time what do we want and he would do it and send it off to my room. The rooms are neat and clean, the bathroom is nice too. The housekeeping cleans the room well and replaces anything that's missing. The breakfast is very good and excellent. There's everything you would want for breakfast. High end food I might say. Very good beach service- orders like ( beverages,food,etc..) There's also a souvenir shop. The beach and the whole hotel is really worth the trip. You will enjoy one of your best summer holiday vacations. There are 3 pools, the main pool- which is big,clean, and wide, and 2 kids' pools. There are activities if you are bored like ping pong,darts, and pool ( billiard ). Also if you're looking for some fitness, there is a gym next to the 2 kids' pools. This hotel is honestly better a thousand times than Kimpenski, a hotel next door. I've been to both and there's a great difference by the way. Everything worked fine. I would really. Think of going there again when I get the chance. One last thing, if you think you're bringing your camera for nothing; then you're wrong. There are great views and nature to picture and enjoy watching. The German hotel manager wanted to make the hotel a little bit unique, so he thought of making it look like an Egyptian temple, and he achieved what he wanted. I hope I go there again as soon as I can ! I really think that this is honestly the best hotel on the Red Sea.

Room Tip: If you're a couple planning on a fun trip,make sure to choose a suite. Trust me, it's worth...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Farouk E
Thank you for posting your comments as a strong indicator to your high loyalty to our house.

We are happy to hear that you liked the hotel beach, the service of our colleagues,
Housekeeping service, the food and your complements towards Chef Omar who was happy after telling him your nice comments.

It is indeed our pleasure to welcome you again at our hotel and we would like to ask you to
contact us whenever you wish to come back for any future stay.

Once again thank you for your comments

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic 10 night stay at the Sheraton Soma Bay. Overall it was a lovely hotel and we will definitely look to return there in the future. Timing wise we were there at the end of their low season, so the hotel was quieter than usual but it also meant that the weather wasn’t unbearably hot.

Airport transfer: I would definitely recommend booking the airport transfer through the hotel for two reasons… Firstly, they have a number of car options available, and the costs were added to our overall bill so we didn’t need to worry about carrying around cash to pay for the transfers. The cars were comfortable and in both instances (to and from the airport) the drivers were fantastic. Having experienced the manic driving of taxi drivers in Sharm, I was quite relieved that the Sheraton drivers stuck to the speed limit and followed the road rules. Secondly, when we got off the plane (before we had even passed through passport control) we had a person waiting for us. He had our visas ready to go into our passports and essentially fast tracked us through the whole process which meant we were out of the airport far quicker than I have ever experienced.

Rooms: We had a partial sea view room and to be honest the view was exactly that – very partial. That aside, the rooms and bathroom were nice and well kept – very comfortable. We did however have some issues with our air conditioning and being nearly 7 months pregnant I needed a working aircon. We reported this two or three times to the front desk and each time engineers came (promptly) and thought they had fixed it, but it never worked 100%. After three days I complained and asked the front desk to move us to another room, which they did without any hassle. We didn’t have any issues with the room following that.

Food: The food was fantastic. I was a little nervous because I'm naturally a fussy eater and am also pregnant and so didn’t want to fall sick while we were away. The breakfast buffet offered plenty of options. There were two options for dinner - the buffet which offered lots of choice and a different theme each night, and the Italian, which had a limited menu but was excellent quality. The lunch options however were outstanding and the beach restaurant offered a fantastic menu and beautifully cooked food each time. Another thing to comment on is that the hotel offered lots of salad options – especially in the evenings. I was a little apprehensive about eating the salad at first because I wasn’t sure how it had been washed, but I had nothing to worry about. Both my husband and I had salad almost every night, as well as ice in our drinks, and felt completely fine throughout the holiday.

Diving and snorkelling: a short walk from the hotel (5-10 min along the promenade) you will find the dive centre and house reef which are situated as part of the Breakers hotel. Everyone here was friendly and there were options to do either boat dives or house reef dives each day. The only downfall I would say is that they weren’t very proactive in helping experienced divers find a ‘buddy’ to do independent dives on the house reef. Snorkelling was fantastic and we saw everything from turtles to huge eels to rays.

The beach and pool: Amazing – plenty of sun loungers, and the bars are nice and close. The staff were always making sure we had water.

The only downside I would say is that some of the hotel was in need of renovation. Along the passage way to the hotel there were a couple of places along the roof that were either leaking, or had the boards lifted up. The leak was there for four days and I didn’t see anyone fixing it.

Overall a fantastic hotel, excellent staff and service, delicious food, beautiful beach and wonderful snorkelling.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mahmoud F, Deputy Director of Guest Service at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Kirsty4126,
We are grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort
Happy to know that your experience with our services was as you expected.
In the light of your comments, we agree with regarding the need to renovate the hotel and we have an ambitious plan to start during this year (no exact dates advised).
We will be happy to receive (the three of you) once again whenever you will be able to come.
Please do let me know shall you need any further assistance or help whenever you will decide
Looking forward to hear from you
Sincerely
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel four times. The last time was when Egypt was in crisis and many were advised not to fly so the hotel was practically empty.

The resort is about an hour from the airport and the airport is always chaos. Be really clear about what you are paying when you are there as you will get ripped off with visas etc. we usually arrange transport via the hotel and the driver sorts for us hitch is really helpful.

The staff at the hotel are all great, they really can't do enough for you.

Lunch at the grill is great and they would always have everything ready for us as we walked up from the beach.

Only two restaurants for dinner. Buffet - lots of choice, always good. Italian, menu limited but good quality.

Drinks - only wine and beer included. Cocktails and spirits you have to pay for. I think they should just amend the rates and make it properly all inclusive as sorting out bills is annoying.

The spa is probably the best I have been to. I have done a yoga course twice and both times were excellent. Well worth a visit and very reasonably priced.

Beach is amazing and we have done a couple of diving trips. I don't dive but the boat trips are very well organised and safe.

Room Tip: We have always had a room with a view of the sea, all rooms are pretty standard I think. Air con is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoRolfeDay
Mahmoud F, Deputy Director of Guest Service at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear JoRolfeDay,

We are proud to know that you are one of our most loyal guests and we consider you as a true friend of our house

We are glad also to know that you enjoyed the hotel services and facilities

We wish to see you soon for the fifth time at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort

Please let me know should you wish to arrange for your next holiday at our resort

Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the hotel for a couple of days as a quick getaway to the beach. The pictures looked stunning and all reviews online were glowing so I skeptically booked the stay at the hotel. To put it shortly: the reviews and pictures were correct!

The hotel itself is excellent in terms of staff, location, architecture, and services. There are Pharaonic elements throughout the architecture and replica statues throughout the grounds. The courtyards areas are bare in terms of vegetation, but it doesn't take away from the place. The rooms were excellent. The bed were comfortable, the facilities were working, a good selection of channels on TV, and they were very clean!

The food was also fantastic. I found breakfast to be spot on every morning and I didn't find myself in need of anything. Eggs, fruits, felafels, Egyptian beans, cereal, fruits, etc were all at hand and never in shortage. Dinner also featured a large selection as well. The variety at dinner was just was impressive, but lacked some quality (a 4/5 if I'm being nit picky).

The beach front was fantastic. Clear water, clean beaches, plenty of lounge chairs, and service always at hand. I went in early March and the water was freezing and the wind was howling; 20+ mph winds and water in the 40s F. I was assured the water was warmer in the summer and I don't doubt it having been to Hurghada in the summer which is also 60KM or so away to the north. There was a water sport store on the beach to rent equipment from and book day trips if you want.

I used the SPA on site and it was lacking. The sauna doesn't get all that hot and there was no jacuzzi. Didn't matter to me as I booked a message at the SPA at the Cascades and the Shertaon provides a shuttle service (5 minutes away) and takes care of all the billing so I only have to pay one bill. Didn't really take away from the stay one bit.

Overall, I would recommend this location and will most likely return. If you're looking for a quite vacation thats away from noise of the city then this place is for you. If you want a bigger location with more things to do then you can visit Hurghada via their shuttle bus. Very great property and a fantastic stay. Looking forwards to returning during warmer months.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tut4u2
Mahmoud F, Deputy Director of Guest Service at Sheraton Soma Bay Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear tut4u2,
Many thanks that you made Sheraton Soma Bay your choice for your previous short holiday
We are happy with your comments and that you were satisfied about staff, location, design, bed and the food
We agree with you that our hotel is an ideal place for the guests who are looking for relaxation and tranquility and we hope that we will welcome you back soon to enjoy your next holiday at our hotel
Should you wish any assistance related to your next holiday, please let me know to arrange it for you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soma Bay
Movenpick Resort Soma Bay
Movenpick Resort Soma Bay
#7 of 11 in Soma Bay
Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh

Been to Sheraton Soma Bay Resort? Share your experiences!