We went there for our Honeymoon ( in 2004 a long time ago) as an alternative choice as we , primary choose to go to Jamaica.
The location is great, quite and safe. Around 30 minutes from Hurgada which is good when you expect to relax. Location is guarded and access limited ( to the hotel and the Beach)
- The room are clean, and AC is working well. Bed could have been more confortable but the attention of the team for the birthday of my wife was great ( Birthday cake + bottle of wine )
- Food was excellent and diversifed everyday
- Location, Pool, sea side is just marvelous.
For windsurfer, board are there for you to ride on.......
Negative point were the price of the water which at that time was around 2 Euros. it make something not negligeable at the end of the trip..when the temperature is up to 40°c everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Somabay is a unique gem of a resort on the Somabay peninsula: with stunning architecture inspired by Luxor's magnificent Karnak Temple, the hotel is situated directly on 800 meters of beautiful beachfront. Its spacious 326 guest rooms and suites are all beautifully designed with chic décor featuring wooden and pastel-colored furnishings. If you are on the lookout for an active holiday, The Sheraton supplies no end of options. Spend your days experimenting with scuba diving, snorkeling, water skiing, windsurfing, sailing, tennis, squash and a well equipped gymnasium. For golfers, the 18-hole Cascades Golf Course lies within five minutes walking distance of the resort with the spectacular greens directly on the coast line. Guests of Sheraton Somabay have the chance to find renewed harmony of mind, body, and spirit with the restorative powers of thalassic treatments at the nearby The Cascades Spa & Thalasso, the region's largest and most comprehensive facility for thalasso therapy. The No Mummies Kids Club gives parents a much-needed break to enjoy their stay in the resort. The club provides daily sports and activities programs for children 4 to 12 years old. Food is a unique experience at Sheraton Somabay, where a variety of cuisines are provided all day long through different restaurants and bars such as L'Abydos Brasserie, L'Emporio Ristorante, Copper Crescent Grill and the Beach Hut. The Sheraton Somabay Convention Center has five meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 800 guests. With the Sheraton's exquisite culinary staff, incomparable service, and stylish décor, the hotel caters to all kinds of events and makes special occasions unforgettable experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Soma Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Soma Bay Hotel Soma Bay