“Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and great holiday..though food does let it down”

Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Soma Bay
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

From check in to leaving, the staff couldn't do enough to help. The hotel is well equipped and the grounds are gorgeous and right on the beach. The range and presentation of the food does need work.there is however a lovely a large carte restaurant which is very reasonable and meant we got through the 2 weeks without any hardship.

1 Thank IanMcLoone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
staffordshire england
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Just returned from a 2week stay at amwaj.me and my fiancé had a wonderful time and weather was excellent.very isolated and way too expensive to go to hurghada for a night out.i did know this when I booked the holiday so my fault entirely. We had no problem with the food whatsoever even though they do cater more for an international visitor. To be honest as long as I hadn't got to cook for two weeks I was happy. Did go quite cool at night and hadn't prepared myself as not been to egypt in January before even though it was my twelfth visit to egypt. My hood which I bought at hotel went with none of my outfits lol. Even though we were very isolated the staff and management more than made up for this. The day we were leaving they had two English kids joining the animation team therefore hoping for some more English guests to arrive. George and fox as he liked to be called we're very helpful and most days asked if we had any problems or if we were ok with everything. Randa who was guest relations was brilliant we were so pampered by her. She came and found us on the beach one day and asked for any comments on hotel and we said we didn't think there was enough bottled water. Within the next hour we had extra bottles delivered to the room which was a very nice touch. It shows they do listen and just want to make your holiday relaxing and problem free. Animation team especially paradisal and Andrew were brilliant. You know how lazy us Brits are and they never gave up on us even on the day we were leaving they were great. Must give a mention to mustafa Mahmoud in the lobby bar he was so funny attentive and kept us entertained all night, always smiling even after all the hours on his feet.

All in all great hotel lovely staff,great food, beautiful room overlooking the sea and of course my favourite plenty and plenty of sunshine. Would I recommend to other people yes definitely especially us Brits because you will be treated like royalty and pampered to death

Kaposvar, Hungary
Reviewed January 18, 2014

On the last day, when we came home, somebody stole my new laptop. The laptop was in my hand luggage, and we had the laptop when we left the room about 10 am, and after we had to put the luggages into the baggage room opposite to the reception in the hotel, because we had to wait 40 minutes for the bus, and when we arrived at the airport, and got off the bus, next to the bus, we noticed with my girlfriend we didnt have the laptop in my hand luggage, so I went back to the hotel very quickly by bus, but there nobody knew where the laptop is and they were very slow. We were almost late for the flight.. It was a horrible day. It messed up all of our holiday. So dont let anybody have your luggages or any of your stuff!!! And i think hide everything valuable in your room or dont ask cleaning. And of course still nobody knows anything about my laptop.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Balazs N

Travelers are raving about these Soma Bay hotels

birmingham
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Have just returned from Amwaj, The hotel is a bit isolated, but it is a beautiful place to stay,. The food is good, and is prepared while you wait, in the main restaurant, The Itallian restaurant is also freshly cooked whilst you wait, and is situated on the beach.The staff are very friendly, and always on the look-out for a tip..But this is only to be expected in Egypt. the location is Idyllic, and perfect for that " relaxing holiday" The Red sea is clean is perfect for snorkelling if that is your thing. I would rate this hotel to anyone looking for a piece of paradise. the only reservation i would have is that there are very few British here, that was good for us as we dont like it too rowdy, Russian people holiday here, and generally keep them selves to themselves, but are friendly when you get to know them. One last thing..The barman at the beach bar is a ringer for a young Elvis Presley..wife was very taken...That's it then, Happy to recommend this hotel to everyone, you wont be disappointed.

3 Thank pethea
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Me, my mom and her friend have spent 11 days in Amwaj in December 2013 - January 2014.

Everyday was such fun, something to do all the time. The staff was brilliant and food delicious, theres lots of choice and different resturants available. Our room was kept clean and tidy everyday. The animation team is the best!!!!! Big thanks to all, especially GANA, HANY and two lovely gyes from the beach bar! You guys made our holiday! Cant wait to come back again!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Wallington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed for 2 weeks at the Amwaj over Christmas and New Year (2014), and had a really great time. The staff were very friendly and caring and could not do enough to make us happy.
Pools and rooms were clean.
We were given a free upgrade to deluxe rooms, which were very nice (but I would suggest bigger TV's in the rooms)
Only drawback was the quality of the food in the main restaurant, low budget, but the kitchen staff did try their very best. I would suggest finding some way to change the smell in the restaurant, the smell of the combination of different foods is a bit too much.
Live cooking stations were very good. Italian was very nice too.
I would recommend breakfast and lunch in the Italian restaurant.
My wife was ill during the first few days, and the food and beverage manager arranged for soup and bread to be cooked and delivered to our rooms. The soup was delicious.
The Christmas day and New Years day beach barbecue's were amazing.
Thank you to Haitham in Reception, who was always very happy to help us with any queries or issue.
Couple of points to note. This hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere, so visiting the town is a bit of a trek (and expensive)
Once we made it to Hurghada town centre, we made friends with a Taxi driver who was about 50% of the hotel taxi price.
We arranged all our trips and excursions with Empire Trips Tour, Mr Mostaf Ali, just off the Sheraton Road, next to the "For You" coffee shop in Hurghada, Tel 002 012 275 22258 or 002 010 276 600 70. Very reliable and reasonably priced, will arrange pick up from hotel to each trip. Excellent snorkelling and El Gouna trip, and also Quad biking in the desert.
You can email him on mos.o7ali@yahoo.com
Thank you to all the staff and management at the Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa for an absolutely fabulous holiday.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Salim L
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

me, my wife,daughter & grandaughter stayed at this hotel in October 2013, for one week,this hotel is amazing staff just could not do enough for us food was excellent Italian restaurant was very good had a great time in bedrun tent & sea food restaurant swimming/snorkelling in red sea was amazing

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1234 second floor pool & sea view