“Relaxed, simple, healthy and friendly”

Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Soma Bay
“Relaxed, simple, healthy and friendly”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I suppose everybody is trying to be realistic in his comments, but the reality looks different to everyone. I traveled with my beloved one and the weather was perfect. We spent 10 days at the end of April/beginning of May in this hotel and found out this is great period to be in Egypt - during the day warm and hot all the time, but during the night fresh enough to sleep with open window, without air-condition. It is so perfect not to sweat at all - You don't need much clothes to change and You can enjoy making love in warm weather without sweating! Three years ago we were in Egypt at the end of May and it was already too hot. So I believe perfect weather and perfect company already made my holidays great. People from the hotel were really hardly working to make it even better.
I don't know what kind of person can't be satisfied with food there. Plenty of choice of fresh, tasty food without pork - I don't eat it anyway, but I really tried hard to find out what did some people giving bad comments about the food miss. Rooms are nice, spacy, clean - please, take care to leave some money for the boys who are cleaning. It would be nothing for You but a lot for them. Think about all people You meet work hard all day long for funny salaries. And be realistic about Your expectations for the money You paid. We were perfectly satisfied what we got for it. We were not disappointed about the quality of alcoholic drinks You get in AI 'cause we came to have active and healthy holidays, to recover from hard working at home and we succeeded completely. We managed to eat plenty fresh fruits and vegetables with some eggs, fish and meat. It was not boring and we didn't suffer to avoid everything else (like sweets, bread, pasta etc.). We found out everything was safe to eat, but everyone is different and before going to Egypt is good to start with some preventive therapy...
Swimming pool was clean and big enough for swimming, sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach very nice, but if You don't snorkel it could be a bit boring - the sea is really shallow for a long distance. Snorkeling is not bad: quite some corals and fish but if You take a short trip just to the closest island You will be amazed. Be aware You can't walk barefoot into the sea! Animation team is great and You can manage to be active as much as You can stand. We don't have children, but it was impossible not to see how much they take care about them and how happy children were. Most of guests were Russian, families and couples so I suppose it is not the best place for young, single people who want to party.
All together: we would come back to this hotel if we choose the same destination.
There is one more thing that gave charm to my holidays: my choice of the book I was reading on the beach Tropical Animal by Cuban writer Juan Pedro Gutierrez. This is something I can really recommend: 100x times sexier and smarter than stupid bestseller Fifty Shades of Gray I read last year at the sea-side.
For sports in the sea look at the north of the hotel beach.

Room Tip: Standard room on the corner, higher floor is nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Poleksija

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Siauliai, Lithuania
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hey.I'm going to this hotel 2013.07.28 . I found some comments about pool ,service,dishes and etc. but please somebody write something about standart or other simple room (not deluxe) .. and if you can add some photos of it ! I will be really happy if someone could do it and show me where i'm going to live on my holidays . Thank you very much ! :)))

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went to this hotel in July 2012 and we orderd a normal room , but they gave us a suit with private pool without any extra costs, I couldnt belive my eyes, food is delicious ,beach is nice , people are friendly. A lot of polish people visit this hotel and I found a polish girl name Olivia which also made my holiday the best holiday in my life . defenetly you need too visit this hotel :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank denis b
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Sharm in 2011 and thought we would try Hurghada this time. I booked the flights and hotel through onthebeach.com. We did find that during our 10 night stay there was only one other English family ( and it is a big hotel! ) The majority of the guests were Russian with a few from France, Belgium
and Germany. The pool area is large and very good with two smaller pools for younger children and the grounds are well maintained, attractive and full of beautiful flowers. One piece of good advice...choose to eat at the Italian open air restaurant by the beach. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there, although dinner has to be booked. It is a far better dining experience than the main restaurant in the hotel . Both serve nice food, but the main restaurant has more of a canteen atmosphere! The staff are all fantastic from the cleaners, porters, waiters and managers. So, so friendly and they cannot do enough for you. Our interconnecting rooms were large and clean and there is plenty to do on the resorts private beach including seeing the coral and fish on the wonderful jetty! I would definitely recommend this hotel...just bear in mind it is in the middle of nowhere...45 km from Hurghada but if staying in the hotel does not worry you this is a real gem!!!! Another tip...the entry visa is $18 not $15..ignore the web sites and airline advice! You do not get in without paying....the Egyptians are adamant!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank rachelanne73
Wroclaw
Reviewed April 7, 2013

very good relation price/quality , i even would say excellent !!! food versatile, arabic, italian, european, sometimes "deluxe" lobster and ...24 hours ( if option all inclusive)... big rooms are well decarated ,very clean and well equiped. we stayed there in march 2013 (2+1 ch.5 y.o.), no minor stomachic problem, wonderful weather (except 3 windy days, but no problem to go to and stay on the beach), nice "aquarium" just at the end of pier. We've spent wonderful time , relaxing , book reading , swimming several pools and sea, and no harm , no worries... location of the hotel is on the desert , on sea side...perfect ! if someone interested can take part at daily animation program all day long.
I have it already recommended to my friends.
Piotr and Family - Wroclaw

Room Tip: to have sea panorama view definitely take the 3. upstairs
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Piotor
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

stayed for another month,we have returned many times to this hotel and never had a bad holiday.again the staff and management could not do enough for us.a new fish restaurant had opened since our last visit would highly recommend it .The food and service was excellent thanks to mohamed malbody and his staff.beach staff are great,and the animation team much improved from last visits.main restaurant busy but all the staff are fantastic.no issues with anything.our room was sooo perfect,thanks to youssef,hes so customer friendly.thanks to everyone.visited feb1st-march1st.

Room Tip: all rooms are good.Suites are fantastic with large balconies.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lydney, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have stayed in Amwaj before in 2011 so knew what to expect and were not let down again. The service was excellent and the food was really good with none of us suffering any illness, as can happen in other hotels.
The rooms were immaculate and everybody is friendly, although some of the beach sellers of trips etc can get a bit annoying on a daily basis. But if you say no they are OK and happy just to chat sometimes as English people are rare, as there are many Russian tourists, but it did not bother us as everyone got on.
The dive centre, 3lementz, in the hotel is run by Clements and his wonderful wife Elis, they are really friendly and supportive especially if you are not so confident as with me, but were also really chatty with my over confident 15 year old son.
We had such a good time that my wife decided to have a trial dive and was made so welcome and encouraged that she signed up for the 4 day open water course and is now not just qualified but totally addicted.
I would recomend the hotel and especially the dive centre to everybody and will definitely return again

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 11 in Soma Bay
Desert Rose Resort
Desert Rose Resort
#27 of 222 in Hurghada

Been to Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!