I suppose everybody is trying to be realistic in his comments, but the reality looks different to everyone. I traveled with my beloved one and the weather was perfect. We spent 10 days at the end of April/beginning of May in this hotel and found out this is great period to be in Egypt - during the day warm and hot all the time, but during the night fresh enough to sleep with open window, without air-condition. It is so perfect not to sweat at all - You don't need much clothes to change and You can enjoy making love in warm weather without sweating! Three years ago we were in Egypt at the end of May and it was already too hot. So I believe perfect weather and perfect company already made my holidays great. People from the hotel were really hardly working to make it even better.
I don't know what kind of person can't be satisfied with food there. Plenty of choice of fresh, tasty food without pork - I don't eat it anyway, but I really tried hard to find out what did some people giving bad comments about the food miss. Rooms are nice, spacy, clean - please, take care to leave some money for the boys who are cleaning. It would be nothing for You but a lot for them. Think about all people You meet work hard all day long for funny salaries. And be realistic about Your expectations for the money You paid. We were perfectly satisfied what we got for it. We were not disappointed about the quality of alcoholic drinks You get in AI 'cause we came to have active and healthy holidays, to recover from hard working at home and we succeeded completely. We managed to eat plenty fresh fruits and vegetables with some eggs, fish and meat. It was not boring and we didn't suffer to avoid everything else (like sweets, bread, pasta etc.). We found out everything was safe to eat, but everyone is different and before going to Egypt is good to start with some preventive therapy...
Swimming pool was clean and big enough for swimming, sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach very nice, but if You don't snorkel it could be a bit boring - the sea is really shallow for a long distance. Snorkeling is not bad: quite some corals and fish but if You take a short trip just to the closest island You will be amazed. Be aware You can't walk barefoot into the sea! Animation team is great and You can manage to be active as much as You can stand. We don't have children, but it was impossible not to see how much they take care about them and how happy children were. Most of guests were Russian, families and couples so I suppose it is not the best place for young, single people who want to party.
All together: we would come back to this hotel if we choose the same destination.
There is one more thing that gave charm to my holidays: my choice of the book I was reading on the beach Tropical Animal by Cuban writer Juan Pedro Gutierrez. This is something I can really recommend: 100x times sexier and smarter than stupid bestseller Fifty Shades of Gray I read last year at the sea-side.
For sports in the sea look at the north of the hotel beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa is located directly on the beautiful sandy beach of Abu Soma, 45 KM from Hurghada international air port, Abu Soma enjoys its reputation for being one of the best location for underwater diving, home to a vast array of magical and mesmerising under water species, Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa offers luxury accommodation with Red Sea views and private beach, enjoy the water colures merging with sun and moon light ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amwaj Blue Beach Hotel Soma Bay
- Amwaj Blue Beach Resort And Spa