We went to Sharm in 2011 and thought we would try Hurghada this time. I booked the flights and hotel through onthebeach.com. We did find that during our 10 night stay there was only one other English family ( and it is a big hotel! ) The majority of the guests were Russian with a few from France, Belgium
and Germany. The pool area is large and very good with two smaller pools for younger children and the grounds are well maintained, attractive and full of beautiful flowers. One piece of good advice...choose to eat at the Italian open air restaurant by the beach. You can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner there, although dinner has to be booked. It is a far better dining experience than the main restaurant in the hotel . Both serve nice food, but the main restaurant has more of a canteen atmosphere! The staff are all fantastic from the cleaners, porters, waiters and managers. So, so friendly and they cannot do enough for you. Our interconnecting rooms were large and clean and there is plenty to do on the resorts private beach including seeing the coral and fish on the wonderful jetty! I would definitely recommend this hotel...just bear in mind it is in the middle of nowhere...45 km from Hurghada but if staying in the hotel does not worry you this is a real gem!!!! Another tip...the entry visa is $18 not $15..ignore the web sites and airline advice! You do not get in without paying....the Egyptians are adamant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa is located directly on the beautiful sandy beach of Abu Soma, 45 KM from Hurghada international air port, Abu Soma enjoys its reputation for being one of the best location for underwater diving, home to a vast array of magical and mesmerising under water species, Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa offers luxury accommodation with Red Sea views and private beach, enjoy the water colures merging with sun and moon light ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Amwaj Blue Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amwaj Blue Beach Hotel Soma Bay
- Amwaj Blue Beach Resort And Spa