“Almost Inedible”

Hampton Coffee Company Espresso Bar & Cafe
Bridgehampton
“Almost Inedible”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Hamptons Coffee Company has opened in the former MiniCooper Dealership space on Country Rd 39 in Southampton/WaterMill. Waiting for our cars to be inspected next door, we decided to try out this new coffee haven. The space is uninspired and very open, the coffee was only passable, and the egg, bacon, and cheddar panini was nearly inedible - on a hard dry roll, it was tasteless and unappealing. Two mediocre coffees and two HALF egg paninis for $16 - you must be joking. We won't do that again.

• Visited July 2013

Sonoma, CA
“Lean Mean & Clean for Espresso Lovers”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Needed a pick-me-up on the drive back to NYC from Eastern Long Island. In a coffee place I only order double espresso. That's my drink, and it also gives a platform for comparison, because it's so simple. Just pull me a double shot. This place belongs in the category of "you don't get much, but what's in there is worth it." The espresso is rich and super dark, really strong flavor, pure coffee essence as if it were a stock and it was reduced until it was thick. Absolutely one of the best espressos I've tasted.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“RE: "ANYTHING GOES"”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It is really a shame that a nice place with good food is marred by unsanitary, unprofessional servers. Saturday afternoon, June 2, 2013, we dined at this restaurant. Our waiter, a nice, young, good-looking, short, thin, dark-skinned Latino brunette male, shocked us by doing something we have never seen done in our lives, after 80 years of dining out everywhere, even in much cheaper diners, etc. The careless diner next to us had dropped his very dirty, used napkin on the floor in between our two tables. I mentioned it to him, and he replied, "Oh, the waiter will pick it up". He had no plan to do it himself; to much trouble. It was spread out like a big, dirty, white square on the floor for a while. Finally, when the waiter noticed it, he picked it up quickly and dropped it down in front of my husband, right on the table in front of him. WHO DOES THIS???? Firstly, it was not even his napkin. Secondly, why should anyone re-use such a dirty thing which had been on the floor? I told him about it in an emotional manner, but he did not seem to even get it. I was tempted to walk out right then and there, worrying about his other unsanitary, illiterate habits, but we had already received our drinks, so, we stayed for food that was good, but could have been improved in this way: the mango/pineapple bits were just dropped on top delicious French toast. The bread here is marvelous. There was no moisture or syrup or sauce to it this fruit topping, so it was just two things touching each other - fruit + bread, with no real moist interface. NO MOISTURE. Hey, I could have done that!! Secondly, the omelette: again, no moisture. Good, but simply too dry. Lastly, they allow dogs in a restaurant. A small, white,wealthy dog was permitted in, granted into the outdoor part of this eatery, in the rear of the site, but still, went through our inner restaurant and stayed in the other part of the restaurant. THE HEALTH DEPT. DOES NOT PERMIT THIS! Hey, they really want those tips --- let them all in. "WE WANT MONEY!!" Cole Porter's "Anything Goes" typifies this place. They ought to play that as their theme song.

• Visited June 2013
“My fave pitstop between South & Bridge”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

They have iced coffee all year round! Nuff said. Food's also good one of my girlfriends manages the sitdown part but I usually just stop in for a quick grab on the way to the office they always are playing amazing international groovy music and you can purchase any of the CDs to take in your car with you awesome!

“Great breakfast stop”
Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely place, great service and very good food. We had a great breakfast there.