“Irish Pub and Restaurant”
Review of Packy's Pub

Packy's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Utica, New York, United States
“Irish Pub and Restaurant”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I decided on Packy's after recently moving to Washington Mills. The service is speedy (even if there's a crowd) and the food is very tasty - my favorite is The Leapin' Leprechaun. But don't expect a quiet dining experience. The bar can attract some loud patrons, though it's all in good spirit. My only complaint was getting an order of mozzarella sticks and only 2 of the 6 had cheese in them. After letting the waitress know they paid us the courtesy of not charging up for the appetizer.

• Visited January 2014

“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stopped through randomly on my way to my in laws. Unassuming exterior, but lively, entertaining and warm on the inside. Was greeted by the bartender Roger. Extremely friendly and accommodating. Pushed his way through the locals to grab our drink order. Went out of his way to hear our story and find us a booth. Food was amazing. Menu incorporates local farm grown organic veggies and meats. Top notch!

• Visited October 2012
Utica , NY
“Lipstick all over glass”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went in for a scotch and a beer, bartender forgot my beer and gave me a drink with lipstick caked to the glass. I looked like I spent the afternoon at Macys getting a makeover after taking a sip. Ick. Pricey fare. Wrong side of 60 pretentious wanna-be Irishmen clientele. My partner asked for a certain type of vodka and was told (after she poured replacement vodka without asking a 2nd choice) they didnt sell it and it was right behind her. oye.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank KayDubya66
Upstate New York
“Where friends meet.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Packy's has a varied menu. Their fish fry on Friday is a favorite. Friendly staff, pleasant decor, and an at home feeling. Nice choice of sandwiches, soups, and salads in addition to dinners.

Visited April 2012
Utica, New York
“Decent Bar w/ Average Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The bar is decent. However, I have never been impressed with the quality of the food.

Visited February 2012