“best mexican food in the mohawk valley”

Rio Grande Tex Mex Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: In operation since September 2000, serving made from scratch authentic Mexican food. Eat in, takeout, delivery and catering are offered for your enjoyment.
Syracuse, New York
“best mexican food in the mohawk valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's everything Tex Mex should be - delicious, greasy, and terrible for you. Their chips are the best and, because they're free and bottomless, I tend to eat too many before my food comes. Excellent salsa and guac too!

1 Thank dlfrancisco

Little Falls, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican food in the area!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I eat at Rio Grande semi-regularly, and it never disappoints.The food is always delicious and completely satisfying. Everything is fresh and cooked to order. Also, the salsa is without a doubt the best I personally have ever had. It goes well with everything, including the fries (which, for a Mexican restaurant, are very good!). The only complaint I can give regarding the food is that during one visit I actually did not get any meat in my pulled pork burrito! Despite my disappointment at the lack of meat in the Burrito, the food was still tastier than the other Mexican fare that the local area offers. The atmosphere of the restaurant is colorful and somewhat fun, although I believe that a little more could be done to ensure the dining area's cleanliness. The kitchen is always kept very clean, and that to me is far more important than the rest of the restaurant. Basically, don't be fooled by the hole in the wall appearance, the place is GREAT! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Visited March 2013
Upstate NY
“Mexico in the heart of upstate NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The only thing better that the friendly staff, is the incredible food. My family and I have eaten here, probably, no fewer than 20 times in the past year, and we are never let down. In fact, we sometimes make the 40 mile trek (from our home), for the sole purpose of eating at Rio Grande! My favorite? Fish tacos. While my wife and son lean toward the steak fajitas and chicken enchiladas. Oh...if I could only make salsas like theirs at home!

• Visited January 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Food is Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The decor is a little dingy, but the food is fantastic. I go there whenever I visit New Hartford. All you can eat salsa and chips.

Visited November 2012
Utica, New York
“Great little place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the exterior and location fool you, Rio is a great place to eat.

You order at the counter and pay then they bring your food out to you. While you wait there's a chips and salsa bar with homemade tortilla chips and different tyes of salsa.

I've been there several times and I've never been disappointed by the food or the portion size. Their. Chorizo burrito is really tasty!

1 Thank Mccabers