“great sauce on top pizza”
Review of O'Scugnizzo's Pizzeria - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Syracuse, New York
“great sauce on top pizza”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

O'scugnizzo's, like Joe's in Whitesboro, does a great "upside down" pizza... they put the sauce on top. If I'm hanging out with friends that live closer to Utica than Whitesboro, then we'll go for O'Scugnizzo's over Joe's. I love them both, but really prefer Joe's because of the way they layer the sausage and probably since I've been eating it since I can remember.

troutman
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Pizza in the Country”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have had pizza all over the country. I was born and raised on a delivered "everything but anchovies" from O'Scugnizzo's. There is no other pizza like it.

Visited January 2013
Utica, New York
“Now called O'Baby's”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

When I found out they had moved and are now called O'Baby's, I was worried but it is actually even better than before. I had the small pizza and homemade blue cheese, and I swear the crust was better than ever. The original owner retired and his kids have taken over. And they are doing great.

1 Thank mizfitzface
Central NY
“Food is average, pricey Faccacia's”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It depends on how you like your pizza. This is "upside down" pizza and for me I HATE it. We get this in on delivery from work on the occasion and the pizza tastes like it comes out of a Chef Boyardee "make your own" pizza box ... just like cardboard. But some people obviously like it this way. The fraccacia sandwhich's are very good and also very pricey. Las time I got one it was skimpy on the meat... not at all happy for a sandwhich costing almost double digits. The wings are just average, never seems to be doused in enough sauce. Quite frankly it seems as though "skimpy" is the word around here... charge the same, and "skimp".

Visited August 2012
“Not the "traditional" NY thin crust”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were excited to try this pizza after seeing the rating score. Needless to say, we were in for a surprise.....the pizza was a "upside down" style. Crust was already pre-made and was thick. Sauce was on top of the pizza toppings, interesting. Taste was nothing special, actually tasted like a Chef Boyrdee pizza.

Visited July 2012