“Our go to place in warwick”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
Warwick Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Warwick B&B and Inns
“Our go to place in warwick”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I come to Warwick every fall to go apple picking and wine tasting. We've stayed with Loretta 2 years in a row now and will definitely be back next year. She offers several affordable travel packages (last year we did the Historic Warwick package and this year we did the Taste of Warwick Valley package- both were awesome!). The service is great- she makes an awesome breakfast, and is walking distance to the town center.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank hlm258

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Frederick, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Loretta is a fabulously awesome hostess. My college roommates and I wanted to spend a long weekend together to jointly celebrate a milestone birthday. We were met upon arrival to a cheery greeting and warm welcome. She keeps the B & B in immaculate condition. The hearty breakfast was imaginative and completely fulfilling. We stayed in "The Loft". It was a perfect setting for us long time friends to chat and watch the sun set. I highly recommend staying with Loretta. She is to quote a phrase, "simply the best above all the rest".

Room Tip: "The Loft" is highly recommended for multiple guests or families. It has a small kitchenet...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela D
Woodhaven, New York, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My oldest son was married in this quant town and my stay at Loretta's place made it all the more wonderful. She has a beautiful way of making you feel like old friends. The fresh made breakfast made with local ingredients helped make the start of the day excellent. It was a very welcome step back in time, to de-stress and enjoy a beautiful weekend which left me with beautiful memories.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Alison C
Newfoundland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This establishment was great. Nicely decorated and clean. Lorretta was great! Very nice to all her guests. Heck, it was just like grandma's house where you took your shoes off upon entering. This keeps the place clean and the nice wood floors looking good. Breakfast was great too. Lastly there are not too many places where they hug you when you leave. I will definately go again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I enjoyed my little get away from NYC to this quaint B&B. Having lived in Japan for a few years, I totally appreciated the removal of shoes at the front door. (Actually helps to keep the place cleaner.) I was also impressed by the cleanliness at this lovely B&B. Being a bit of a clean freak, I was happy to find such small details as the globes over the sink in the bathroom were spotless and the sills in the dining room were also free of dust, bugs etc. Loretta was a wonderful hostess/owner. She was relaxed and authentic and her breakfast in the morning made from local produce was rather yummy! The room was laid out well with just enough coziness to make one fall asleep with ease. Although there were other guests, they were seldom seen or heard. Can't wait to return! Thank you Loretta!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Monsey, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I ran a workshop for 8 photographers in the B&B over three days and had a wonderful experience. Loretta was so accommodating and helpful, the food was amazing, and it overall felt like a cozy home. I would definitely recommend the place to anyone looking for a place for a get-together, workshop, or retreat. Thank you Loretta!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed August 16, 2012

If you don't mind having to take off your shoes and leaving them at the front desk, you'll probably enjoy this lovely inn. The no-shoe rule is apparently because it not only preserves the lovely wooden floors, but also is a requirement because of Loretta's allergies, which I can greatly appreciate.

The plusses about this place:

1. The building itself: it is a lovely older building with quite some charm.
2. The hospitality was lovely, particularly during breakfast. Loretta was accommodating during breakfast and the food was fantastic! Conversation with her was also enjoyable but not overly intrusive.
3. Rooms were comfortable and cute.
4. Proximity: The building is right on the main strip leading into Warwick--if you're spending the day there, you're quite proximal to everything in Warwick, not to mention all the other amenities of being in that town: The wonderful dining (including plenty of lovely outdoor dining), the fruit picking, skiing, and the Woodbury Commons premium outlet stores.

The negatives:

1. It was just slightly pricier than the other B&B in Warwick that I've been to. Not egregiously so, but worth mentioning; however, I felt the price difference could be easily justified by its proximity to everything...the other B&B is considerably more out of the way.
2. Parking seems tight.
3. Rooms did not have any of the nice little travel-sized toiletries or snacks that I've come used to getting at many other B&B's. The snacks in particular, or access to a Keurig machine or a pump-type coffee thermos and some cookies maybe, would be a nice touch to nosh on or fight off thirst and hunger pangs between dinner and sleep time. And again, I've enjoyed that on some level at a significant number of other B&B's I've been to so far. If you're disciplined about after-dinner snacking, then this might be a non-issue. But for me, and I suspect, many others, if the experience is to truly feel like you're at home, the availability of after-dinner snacks and drinks is important, since most B&B's don't have vending machines for that purpose.
4. The decor in the rooms also doesn't strike me as "antique" or period-appropriate. I stayed in the Paisley room, which seems an odd mix of 1 or 2 older colonial type items with some newer but outdated decor. I got a bit of an old-lady, 80's vibe out of the room decor in all the rooms, but the Paisley in particular, right down to a swag lamp hanging over the bed that looked like a flower. Again, not off-putting, but, wish it were "truer" to the spirit and age of the house.
5. Though the shoe rule was not irksome to me (my parents used to have the same rule in their home), I would imagine it might be to some, especially women who might be going out and have some strappy heel they'd need to fumble with in the front foyer.

The negatives are really only small nagging points that I hope don't detract from the lure of this place. I think I prefer the other Warwick B&B I stayed at a little more, but I would easily return to this place without reservation. I still recommend this place to anyone without any reserve whatsoever...it's truly lovely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank banannalouise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chester - Monroe - Goshen
Warwick Motel
Warwick Motel
#1 of 1 in Warwick
Alpine Haus Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Warwick Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!