“"Thank You, Dorothy"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warwick
MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 7 Warwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2012

While Hiking the Appalachian Trail, I was having a rough day with ill-fitting shoes a snapped hip-belt buckle and wet, foggy weather. I was sitting on top of a mountain, feeling like [--] and was going over various scenarios that would get me somewhere dry and out of this funk. I telephoned the Dorothy at the B&B after reading about MeadowLark in AWOL's guidebook. At this point in my hike I was low on funds and was looking at the tenting option, reasoning I could stay inside and just sleep outside. At least that way, even though my tent would be wet, I would stay dry and warm for most of my stay. To my amazement and sincere gratitude, she told me that a bed had opened up from a guest who decided to leave a day early and that I could sleep in that room for the same cost. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It made me feel so good to be helped when I was feeling very low. So, that night I slept in a gigantic bed (It's the one in the photo) in a very nice room, with comfortable carpeting that felt so good on my feet haha. In the morning, she prepared a hearty breakfast that anyone hiker or not, would have fully enjoyed. And best of all, was the time we spent talking. It was just a wonderful experience. Thank You, Dorothy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Dorothy, the lively, friendly and helpful owner of this comfortable B&B makes all the difference to AT hikers. She cheerfully shuttled me to the trail at 6 am, having provided me with my necessary coffee and a delicious breakfast at 5:30 am. Her B&B offers comfort, warmth and charm. Her sweet dog also is warm and welcoming. I only wish I could have stayed there all day...but the trail beckoned.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My friend and I stayed here while hiking the Appalachian Trail with my dog, Bodhi. Dorothy picked us up at the trail, provided shuttle service (something thru-hikers are always happy to find) to local merchants, made us feel at home, and fed us a delicious breakfast we won't soon forget. She is a great asset to the town of Warwick NY, which was recently designated as a "Trail Community" by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. The services she provides are exceptional and she went the extra mile to help us even when her schedule was tight. Our room was lovely and well appointed. I can't wait to go back again....soon, I hope!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This past weekend, a friend and I went hiking on the Appalachian Trail in NY state and we wanted to have a comfortable bed and a hot shower at the end of the hiking day instead of camping or staying in a trail shelter. We chose Meadowlark Farm B&B because a Trail Guide said that the proprietor, Dorothy, would shuttle hikers from the trail. We didn't need the shuttle but we did want to stay with a trail-savvy owner. Dorothy was great: she knows all about the various trailheads and parking. She was willing to prepare her delicious breakfasts (baked peach pancake one morning and biscuits and asparagus omelet the second) a bit earlier so we could find good parking at the limited-space lots to access the trail. Not only was our hiking a great success, we enjoyed patting her two nice dogs, going to dinner at restaurants based on her excellent suggestions, and wandering around the lovely village of Warwick in the evening. I stayed in the smaller bedroom at the back of the farmhouse overlooking the pasture for her sweet grey horse and fell asleep to the sounds of crickets and frogs.

Room Tip: The room on the pasture side is quieter and has a lovely view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The MeadowLark is a hiker friendly place and a wonderful farmhouse style B&B. Dorothy even picked us up as we exited the Appalachian Trail saving us from a very rainy and stormy night! Showers, washing some trail clothes, terrific king bedroom, great breakfast --- Dorothy is a fantastic host !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cindy G
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights on a long weekend, we wanted to escape from New York City without having to drive hours and Warwick was the perfect place! Meadowlark Farm B&B is a cute and cosy house with 3 rooms, Dorothy made us feel very welcome, was very helpful recommending places to visit or eat in the area and her breakfast was delicious. We had a great, relaxing time! I'd definitely recommend this place if you're staying in Warwick. Useful to know: Dorothy has dogs and dog owners are welcome.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natou32
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have stayed numerous times at this B&B over 13 years. I love the beautiful country surroundings, the positive feel in the house, and the lovely owner Dorothy that makes you feel at home. She makes a divine breakfast and goes out of her way to make my stay what I need it to be. The house environment is lived in and relaxing. Her larger room is just beautiful with everything I could possibly need. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The bigger room has a lot more space, it's own bathroom, and a lovely sitting area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donna D

Been to MeadowLark Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!