“Friday date with husband”

Yesterdays Irish Pub
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I needed a night out, and missed going to Yesterday's last time we were in Warwick. Well we had a great time,our waitress was helpful,friendly and prompt. The French onion soup was beefy and full of onions, hot and filling. I had the duck with honey macadamia sauce.... Which was divine! My husband had the fish and chips And was very satisfied. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Yesterdays Irish Pub

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant when we were in Warwick. It was busy and we thought that was a good sign. The menu was outstanding. We had a difficult time making a decision there were so many yummy sounding choices. Unfortunately the food was not as good as it sounded on the menu. I had Shephard's pie which could have been a frozen dinner. There was nothing home made about it. It was so bland. Another person had fish and mashed potatoes with cabbage bits in it. She was disappointed because she really loves cabbage and was looking forward to a side of cabbage. Her error but I requested a side of cabbage which was delivered when we were nearly done eating. Nice pubby atmosphere, lousy service and the food definitely did not meet our expectation. I'd give it a pass if I were you.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped in on a day trip to the area and could not have been more happy. The food was fantastic, I had the Rueben and it was one of the best I've ever had. The corned beef may have been the best I've ever had. My wife enjoyed the Salmon and our two young daughters enjoyed the Fish and Chips and a bowl of pasta. The owner John makes himself very visible and was helping serve food, clean up tables. He stopped by our table to ask how our meal was and stayed a few minutes to chat and converse with us. Told us he had been there 29 years, easy to believe with how good the food was. Also very reasonably priced for a family of 4. I'd recommend highly...

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I don't know how this place gets such good ratings. I ordered a burger, which was OK. My wife ordered a rib eye steak for $20 which was tough and tasteless. She orders her steak well done, but the inside was whitish, which usually means the steak was frozen solid before cooking.

To make matters worse, we had eaten had at Longhorn (Parsippany NJ - see review) and we both had steak (well done) and the meat was absolutely delicious and soft. The contrast was devastating. Even the corn on the cob was hard as a rock.

Interestingly, no one came over to the table to ask how everything was (which is a usual courtesy). I guess they knew what the response would be. So instead I left a note for the manager.

We go to Warwick once a year (to pick apples) but we certainly will not be patronizing Yesterday's on the next go-round.

I might add the place is as noisy as you can imagine. When I took my hearing aids out the noise level was bearable. You have been warned!

1  Thank AlCYonkers
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Waitress bit my wife's head off when she asked how to play a lotto game they supply on the table. If you don't want to be bothered, remove the game. Bread on the pastrami sandwich was mushy. Wife's burger was very good. We won't be back; too many restaurants in Warwick that actually appreciate their customers.

3  Thank Jeff K