“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Although I have lived in the area for over thirty years, this was my first visit to G's restaurant in Warwick, NY. The interior of the restaurant is very nice. Some people have called it comparable to a dinner but I have to disagree with that. The atmosphere was charming and comfortable. The front of the restaurant has huge glass windows that allow you to watch the activity of this little town that looks like it was stuck in time.
I found the service to be excellent. The waitress was genuinely friendly and helpful. I ordered one of their specials which was filet mignon which just melted in my mouth. It came with mushroom sauce and vegetables topped with onion rings. I also ordered soup and a baked potato. I couldn't have been more pleased with the food. My wife ordered a hamburger platter and also said it was excellent.
We didn't drink but they do serve alcohol. The prices were very reasonably priced and I have to wonder why it took so long for me to stop there. We visited on a Saturday evening and just a block away, the town had school aged kids singing and playing instruments in front of the old train station. It was very enjoyable and topped off a perfect evening.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

The last few times I've been in the service has been horrible. Most recent visit I walked out without ordering when after waiting for more than 10 minutes no one had even brought me a menu and it was not at all busy with wait staff standing around. Decor is looking worn down...needs refreshing.

Reviewed April 6, 2010

We visited with our two young children; they loved the kids' meals - mac and cheese and ravioli were their selections. We very much enjoyed our selections from the entree part of the menu - I had the special tuna steak, my husband enjoyed the shrimp scampi, and my mom loved her strip steak dinner. Our server was friendly and quick, and the atmosphere was casual. The restaurant is right downtown among the many cute shops. They serve alcohol.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Wonderful breakfasts and lunch!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 27, 2007

some of the things are REALLY good and some things are REALLY bad but overall it's a good place to eat and the food is creative.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook