“A nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon”
Review of Applewood Winery

Applewood Winery
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Farm Winery with tasting room making the finest Ciders in the Hudson Valley!
Otisville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I first visited Applewood Winery about 1 1/2 yeras ago. Wine tasting is informative and fun. I joined the Wino Club, which gets you free tastings and a 15% discount on purchases. My favorfites are OBR, (Oak Barrel Reserve), which is produced in limited quatntities. I am awaiting a new batch which I will get a case so I have an ample stock. Also enjoy the International Red and Cav Franc.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Family time”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Love this place since first time there last year that I found the info online. Kids had a great time today picking Macintosh and Cortland apples, eating apple donuts and having their face painting. People an also bring their snacks and take their time in the tables having fun and peaceful time with life music and family. LOVE it! We also managed to do the wine tasting bringing the blackberry wine + Cabernet franc home ( I will be back for the Pumpkin cider- delicious!) and we are planing to o back for more soon!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank villasba
Palisades Park, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great hard apple cider”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was one of the wineries on the list during a weekend getaway with my girlfriends. Located next to their apple orchard, this place has some pretty good hard apple cider. The wine tasting was $6 and we got to try 5 different wines of our choice. Next to the tasting room they have food available for purchase. There are plenty of places to sit and drink; they even have chilled bottles of wine for purchase. There was a band playing on the day we went, which was nice.

Hillsdale, NJ
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“We will be back.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

It was a gorgeous August day and my husband and I wanted to take a ride with the top down.
Since we hadn't gone in that direction before we thought we'd try this out.
What a nice day. The place is really a lot of fun. Good food (even though the line was about 1/2 hour). Great live music.
Some vendors. Lots of people just relaxing with families and lots of puppies.
We did the $5 wine tasting. While we didn't actually like many of the wines there were a couple of winners. But for the price you can't beat it (and you get to keep the glass.).

Just a fun day out, that I recommend.

New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The most variety”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have visited this winery two times to date. I have frequented a few in Warwick and many in the North Fork of Long Island. I must say that I have enjoyed more wines at Applewood than an of the others. I do like less dry and they tend to have a large variety of both dry to sweet. My favorite is blueberry.
It's a great place to go to in the summer as well because they have live music. You can purchase glasses, bottles or sangria, order some lite fare and sit at the benches and enjoy!

Visited July 2013