“Very good, may not go back”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Luca Trattoria Pizzeria
Ranked #22 of 62 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Description: We are located in the Shoprite Plaza on Route 94 in Warwick.
Description: We are located in the Shoprite Plaza on Route 94 in Warwick.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stop in fairly often for lunch, and mostly never disappointed by the pizza, and the eggplant parmigiana hero is the best I've ever had.
The service had also been fairly good, though they seemed a little snobby at first. I told my husband about the place, and we went for dinner a couple of times and sat in the front where there are some tables in the counter area. Extremely busy and noisy, and not pleasant for a dinner. It's OK for lunch on a weekday. The food was very good.
We went tonight and decided to sit in the restaurant area in the back and it was much nicer and quiet.
However, even though the meal was very good, though the marinara sauce had too much sugar in it, we had a very unpleasant experience with our waitress and pretty long wait times for each course.
When the waitress brought our check, she said that salads were included with the entrees and she didn't offer that to us, because we ordered the Italian Salad off the menu with our meal. I was shocked she didn't even mention that salads were included. And even more so, when she didn't offer to take the $8 charge off the bill for the salad we ordered.
The only reason we ordered the salad was because they don't include a salad with the entree for some stupid reason when you eat in the pizzeria area in the front. But we found out the hard way the restaurant does include it if you eat in the restaurant. Go figure that out!
If it weren't for my husband, who does not like any kind of scene in a restaurant, I would have told her to take the charge for the salad off the bill, as she hadn't even offered the salad included with the meal.
It left me with a really bad feeling for the place, and will think twice before going back for a dinner. I would go back for a slice of pizza though for lunch.

1  Thank Jacaranda467

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I live in town and I have tried the other pizzerias in the area. On my way home I stopped in to get a few slices with my wife to take home. I asked about a product sitting atop the glass counter and one of the five people standing around chatting acted as if I were troubling them. I ordered two slices (1-plain / 1- pepperoni), a salad for the wife, three garlic knots and three cans of soda. $22.50 was the total which I thought was high but they didn't have any menus out for customers to compare prices. I was in a bit of a rush so I paid. I asked if the knots came with sauce and they said no. I had to ask for some because they wouldn't even offer any and the man sighed. I then asked for an extra dressing for the salad and the woman gave it. Another gentlemen came over and told me I would have to pay $2. I told him this was ridiculous. The food is decent, the place is a whole in the wall and the staff is rude and horrible.

2  Thank Markbennetthero
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Let me start with this place suc**!!! Typical as***** over charges for basic blah food! Ordered food there the other night, 1 cheese ravioli, 1 chicken parm without pasta and an order of mozzarella sticks for $42.06. Charged $21 for a chicken parm dinner with extra chicken because I don't eat the pasta. Called up to see if they over charged me and basically he said the extra chicken is $4.95 over top of an initial price of $14.95 and there was no salad or pasta.

If you like basic Italian food with a very high price and sh** service, this is the place for you. There are many better places in Warwick, in fact, all of them are better.

Buyer be aware and don't eat here!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

As one of the last stops to the drive in Theater , Lucas Italian seemed perfect pre-show pick up, ( since the market place across the street had an hour long wait for food). Lucas has a clean front fast food area and what appeard a more elegant rear dining area (which I did not try out). Our meal consisted of Garlic Bread Parm which was obviously just prepared in a serving tray and the thin sliced bread thrown in and only top layer seasoned and barely sprinkled with cheese. Very disappointing . The Mozzerella sticks were soggy and oily, We ordered a "Chicken Louie" salad that they forgot to put chicken in, stating it was not a problem( lucky for him he didnt have to get out of line drive back and then hope to get back in to the Drive in) but were gracious enough to replace later (and for the second time forgot to add utensils), the Chicken Parm was huge tastee but shy on Chicken(too much bread with the end having about two inches without chicken). My son did enjoy the Chicken filet with lettuce tomato and mayo.
The staff was friendly though waiting twenty minutes for the food I was able to watch the service staff looking around for things to do without getting their bearings. The prices though average for NYC seem high for this area and the food with regular main course meals starting at $15.95 does seem high for the quality rendered. In hind sight I should have waited at the market for an hour!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have know Luca and his family for years as a child we went to their restaurant for years in Oakland with my mom & dad. I grew up in Mahwah and then moved to N. Haledon and my husband and my kids would be frequent visitors to the restaurant. Then they sold it a couple of years ago and retired however that did not last they decided retirement was not for them so they open Luca's in Warwick NY and Me and my family are really happy because now we live in Vernon and they are only right down the block it is so nice to have a real italian pizza and food the food is great so try it if you havent already. Once everyone relizes who they are they are going to have to expand the business. Great Food and hospitality.,..