“A Favorite Weekend Destination”

Warwick Valley Winery
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Warwick
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great place to spend a weekend afternoon in the spring, summer, or fall when the sun is shining...less than 90 minutes from Manhattan. Sit on the patio or spread out on the lawn. There's live music from a great "house" classic rock band (Allman Brothers, Van Morrison, etc.), the cafe turns out surprisingly good pizzas, salads, sandwiches, and the like, and there's wine by the bottle or the glass (and, of course, they do wine tastings as well). Family- and pet-friendly, so bring the kids, bring the dogs, bring the kids' dogs and the dogs' kids, it's just a great way to spend a lazy afternoon with family or friends. Note, though, that it gets REALLY crowded during apple-picking season (September/October)...still fun, but long waits for food and drink.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"outdoor patio"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my husband this past weekend. $5 to park. Drinks reasonable, hard cider was great, $4. Live band, great atmosphere and apple picking if you're interested!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

$5 parking fee eliminated. Measly bag of 5 tiny donuts for $5. Food a bit expensive. For $5 can get nice glass for equally nice wine sampling. Several rows/varieties of apple trees picked clean. Several other rows taped off for remainder of season. Will go elsewhere next year.

1  Thank Rory92654
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Supprisingly with all the crowd at the Winery there for apple picking having to wait for an hour in line for food was all worth it. The food was not made in a hurry which was great.
The Wine was cheap and honestly very good, definitely try the Alcoholic Apple Cider. I would go back there a little closer to end of November to enjoy the place when its more peaceful for sure, its a nice get away from the City life.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 1, 2013

September 29th 2013

Our trip to Warwick Winery every year is something my family and friends look forward to every year. For the first time, I have to say that I am disappointed with our recent visit.

#1 Now they are charging each car $5 to park (this has been always free). I felt like I was getting shaken down at the door or something while I was coming in. We spend a lot of money when we come up yearly on food and drinks - why start your customers day out with a sour grapes in their mouth before they begin to open their wallets and spend money on food and drinks? We always buy a case of wine, enjoy the wine tasting, the food, and apple picking. Here is a suggestion to help people not feel like they are being taken advantage of:

Instead of charging $5 per car, they should offer the customer the option to purchase a apple picking bag for $25 and if they buy it don't charge them to park. If the customer doesn't want to purchase an apple picking bag charge them $5 or $10 to park during your APPLE SEASON PICKING TIME only. And a $5 increase on the price of a bag of apples when the bag looks smaller this year and the availability is not that good. I can buy more organic apples at whole foods for $25 price tag, which I would rather not do.

#2 Why are the indoor bathrooms closed? We were forced to use the disgusting porter potty's outside. You now want to charge us to park, but you can't provide clean bathrooms?

#3 I ordered a Sangria and asked for a little bit of ice because I don't like it when the ice melts it waters down the taste of the drink - the employee served me a glass that was only 3/4 full?!!? Are you kidding me, this literally costs them pennies and there gonna give me a half full glass because I asked for little ice?! How cheap can you possibly be!! This is wrong and made me hot - probably the icing on the cake as to why I will not return.

#3 This is probably the most important - ALL of your staff were unpleasant and extremely rude to our entire party. No one looked happy to be working or looking to be of assistance to people. Ask them a question or not have your order ready by the time your up and they "snap" at you. Remember your business relies on the customers EXPERIENCE, so if your staff can't handle the crowds, maybe they need to find a new job. There are many people out of work who would be able to do that job with a pleasant attitude.

#4 Lastly, I always try to find a way to compliment after my critique. Your food has always been consistently good. I am always satisfied by the quality of the food. As far as the lines go that's another story because sometimes it not even worth the 1 1/2 wait to get the food even if we get on line at noon!

Their business is booming - I think beyond what they are actually capable of handling. My suggestion is you sit down and re-evaluate your entire operation. You have the customer demand to warrant expanding your café and kitchen area, revamp and build more space for your wine and cider store area. What I experienced yesterday was borderline dangerous.

I think the part that makes me most upset is the fact that my family and friends do no plan on returning to Warwick Winery after many years of great times. All good things must come to an end. I hope you are really listening to what all your customers are telling you.

I am giving 2 stars because the food is really good - other than that my last experience was 1 star.

If you go during the off season (not apple picking season) it is a little bit better but not by a whole lot.

3  Thank Matthew B