“apple picking and more....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Warwick
Bayside, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“apple picking and more....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Maskers is a beautiful place in a wonderful location. I went there with wife, daughter and two of my grandchildren. The place is very large with many varieties of apples. The walking was difficult with my younger grandchild who is two, but he held up like a champ. The play are was nice with some farm animals, pony rides, apple maze etc. The bathroom were sufficient and better then some other orchards in the area. They have home made cider, a haunted house area, apple pies etc. in their country store, and the pumpkins were also very nice for the kids. The prices were generally in line with most of the other orchards in the area, about $25 per bag. The only draw back was the amount of cars and parking. Spaces were limited, and cars were driven everywhere. In some places it was difficult to move about because of all the traffic. In all honesty I went on a Saturday in October in leave changing season (which were very beautiful, by the way), but all this traffic took away from the serenity of the place. I think they would be better served by having one or to central parking locations, and giving better directions where each apple grove is located. By the way the town of Warwick was also lovely with many reasonable child friendly restaurants

Visited October 2013
1 Thank larryandevelyn

Long Island City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Nice Day of Apple Picking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a lovely time apple picking. It was a beautiful day outside, we ate a picnic lunch, and picked a lot of apples! It was a nice, fun, and relaxing day .At first I was discouraged by the price of a bag of apples, but learned that other orchards are similarly priced. So, I quickly got over it. My only real complaint is that they ran out of apple cider doughnuts, which I was really looking forward to. Otherwise, no complaints. We will be returning next year.

Warwick, New York
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Best orchard in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been to a few orchards in the area and I believe that the apples here are the best around. It is a very large property, so you do need to drive to each area of the orchard. You are given a few bags at the entrance to collect apples-- each bag that you fill is $26 (with tax) and each bag has a map on it to guide you to which type of apples are in what area of the orchard. It does get quite crowded on the weekends, so if you are able to go during the week, it is much easier to navigate around. The views of the Warwick Valley are beautiful from each area of the orchard. Signs on the trees tell you what type of apple it is and if it is ripe enough to pick. At the end of the orchard before the exit features a general store with all types of jellies, jams, relishes, etc and keepsakes from the orchard. They also sell apple cider donuts, pies, apple cider. This year, they feature pony rides and barnyard animals. Driving through the orchard has some rough roads, so if you do have an SUV, I would recommend bringing that over a sedan. A must see for the fall season!

Middletown, New York
“The old orchard ain't what she used to be.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

While Maskers Orchards was always part of our annual traditional family fall outing from the city, after this weekends visit with three generations present, I don't believe we will be returning. We now reside in the countryside of the Hudson Valley and there are many more apple orchards from which to choose. The apples at Maskers are still great, the air is fairly clean to breathe although there are still smokers toking away with little consideration for people who don't want to breathe in their carcinogenic fumes. It was very disappointing that they actually sold out of the Cider donuts by 12:30 p.m. on a Sunday. One would think they would make more. While Maskers is celebrating 100 years in business it did not appear that they have reinvested a penny in their infrastructure specifically the Men's Lavatory. I really don't know how they can pass a county or state health inspection. The urinals are open troughs as for animals. The first stall I entered had a serious water leak from above splashing onto the urine soaked toilet seat. The handicapped stall toilet seat was also covered with urine. I opted to hold it in. I realize some men are pigs, however, the men's lavatory was not fit for beast nor man. Even though my wife said apples are less expensive in our local supermarkets and are locally grown I had no issue paying the $25.95 for the bag of apples since we did spend a short time on their property and I did enjoy watching my new granddaughter picking and eating an apple. It was a nice run for many years, but we cannot return until we hear that Maskers has made some sanitary improvements.

Warwick, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!! The views in this apple orchard are amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This apple orchard is so much fun. It is the largest drive in apple orchard in the state of New York. It's over 200 acres. You can drive to pick your choice of apples. They have pony rides, hay rides and the most fantastic family friendly haunted house which is great for the whole family to have fun together! We laughed so hard! Come here and take in the beautiful views and pick apples right off the trees. Smell the fresh air and have a great fun country day. This place is great for a day trip and to just get away from it all. You leave with a smile on your face and you feel refreshed. Wonderful place to take the kids! It's great for all ages! The apple pie was delicious and we took home fresh made apple cider. We highly recommend Maskers Orchards. It is a must for your bucket list. Come here and you'll be so glad you did!

Visited September 2012