“a special place”

Dining options: Reservations
Clarksville, Tennessee
“a special place”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thank goodness for Charlottes tea room. It's wonderful for a relaxing and inexpensive quick bite after work. And it is wonderful for a real English tea and is my ace in the hole for getting my nieces to visit. All I have to say is " come , let's have tea" and they come from all over the tri state area. We have a gem in our community and I thank the owner Joanne for all of her hard work.

• Visited September 2013

Warwick, New York, United States
“Repeat Offenders”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Another lovely trip to Charlotte's! I have been there no fewer than 15 times, usually with a group of 6 or 8 and we have yet to be disappointed. Mary and Joanne treat us like family and the food and beverages are just what they should be in a tea room. The soup is always wonderful; as for being bland, as one reviewer stated, I and one other of our party like additional salt and pepper, our choice, and the rest find it perfect in it's own. Scones are always perfect. The assorted tea sandwiches are difficult to stray from, but if you can, try the panini or one of the salads. Take time to notice how well appointed the rooms are, and leave time to relax. It is delightful.

• Visited March 2013
Lynbrook
“Just what you want”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

3 different rooms to choose from...self seating which makes it nice. We chose the Garden Room with lemon yellow walls and white accents, wrought iron seats with cushions and assorted tea services throughout. The butternut squash soup was delicious and filling, the tea for one plentiful and the assorted sandwiches fresh and interesting.
I want to bring other friends here to experience the ambience and to enjoy and afternoon in a well appointed Old Victorian Tea House.

• Visited January 2013
Sparta, New Jersey
“Cute but not the best”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My boyfriend took me here for lunch. The soup was a sweet potato and was a little bland. They serve some Harney and Sons tea, which are delicious. The atmosphere was adorable and perfect for a tea house. We enjoyed a beet salad with a cranberry scone. While the salad was really delicious, the scone was raw in the middle.

It's a cute place to visit but wasn't the best tea house I've been to.

1 Thank kathleendaily
Greenville
“Always a Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I try to stop in at Charlotte's from time to time, but never get there as often as I'd like. I did, however, go there last Saturday. I love the assorted tea sandwiches so much that I find it difficult to order anything else. Although there is a fine selection of delicious other offerings. It's just that I feel I can order some of those things in other restaurants and there's not many places I can find truly excellent tea sandwiches. I almost always order the Tea for One (unless I meet someone and then we usually get the Tea for Two). Each sandwich is an epicurean delight in and of itself and collectively they are varied enough that you won't be bored. The last visit I enjoyed a pumpkin scone, which I assume is only seasonally available. I asked for lemon curd on the side because I love lemon curd and theirs is nice. I also had a cup of the curry pumpkin soup (also seasonal). It was the best thing I've had in a long time. I could easily have had a quart of it, but of course, I was saving room for the aforementioned, beloved tea sandwiches. Everything was so filling, I had to bring home most of the pumpkin scone and my dessert, which was happily packed up for me. The atmosphere is beautiful and the service can't be better. (Guy was my server the last two times.) If you want to take a step back in time and step out of the rat race for an hour or so, visit Charlotte's Tea Room. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited November 2012