“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Coquito

Coquito
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coquito is located in the historic Village of Warwick, NY which is a little over an hour north of New York City in the scenic Hudson Valley. Coquito is the premier destination in the Hudson Valley for purely authentic Latin-American cuisine. Coquito tastefully blends two concepts into one – fine dining and a stylish nightlife experience. Located in Warwick, New York, Coquito serves all of Puerto Rico’s traditional favorites. Some of our signature items include Pernil, Paella, Mofongo, Pasteles, Empanadas and Churrasco. We also offer a Latin twist on American staples such burgers and sandwiches, as well as surf and turf, chicken, steak and seafood dishes, with a variety of extraordinary salads and many more culinary delights sure to satisfy any palate.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow, I can't believe I have never been here before, we went on a Saturday nite and the food was excellent , I had the mofongo for the main course and it could only be compared to the restaurants in San Juan. , empanadas for an appetizer and they were great, my wife had the skirt steak and it came out just as ordered and it was perfect. There was not an empty table In the restaurant And the bar was packed , friendly greeting at the door and excellent service, if you are looking for something different try Coquito.it really felt like I was on vacation at a great restaurant that the locals eat at

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant twice, first on a Sunday with some friends, had a great meal and drinks, so I brought my husband on a Friday night. The music was a nice touch, food excellent, and service impeccable. Best overall in the area, and a change of pace from the typical. The owner was especially hospitable giving us background on the food, making recommendations, and even sending us digestifs on the house for our anniversary. Will definetly be back, and looking forward to bringing friends on a Saturday for some dancing!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The menu was interesting and very diverse. If you like cocktails, this is the place to go! An interesting array of martinis, mojitos and much more. It is a little noisy, and that was before the entertainment started. We missed that part, but enjoyed the visit - my husband gives three thumbs up to the Mofongo!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My parents, wife and I went to Coquito last night after an afternoon of wine tasting in the Warwick area. I was not sure what to expect because the reviews here and elsewhere seemed to be conflicting. But, because the most recent reviews were good, and my parents had been talking about finding a restaurant that makes good Puerto Rican food, I thought we would give it a try. My father's whole side of the family is boricua, and I grew up surrounded by the food and culture. With this in mind, we went in with critical taste buds but we were not disappointed! Everything we had, the pork, the mofungo, maduros, pasteles, yuca frita, even my wife's salad with salmon, were delicious and how they should be for a real Puerto Rican place. The menu is expansive and the prices cover a broad spectrum of budgets. I also liked that it is a more upscale place, too. Nice for date night. And the hostess said that they have dancing or jazz on the weekends after 10. If you get in for dinner at 8:30 you can keep your table for the rest of the night for the dancing or jazz. My wife and I are plannig on that! The hostess/owner was also very welcoming and hospitable, and the wait staff was helpful and mostly attentive. The only negative comment I can throw in is that toward the end of the meal a couple of our glasses were empty and it took a while for someone to notice. This was probably more of an individual server issue, though, so I cannot really hold it as a negative for the whole place. But even at that, she was so helpful and pleasant in every other aspect, I feel bad having to mention that one thing, but a review should be honest.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The menu is extensive and has a wide variety. The service is attentive and the drinks are great. If you are looking for some really authentic cuban food, you can't go wrong here.