“Fabulous dinner & service!”
Review of Grappa Ristorante

Grappa Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: When Driton “Tony” Sylaj came to the USA in 2000 he dreamed of owning his own restaurant. Tony was born in Kosova in January 1983. Upon arriving in this country his first goal was to obtain a degree. He attended the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY and received an Associates Degree in Restaurant and Hotel Management. Tony began as a dishwasher in a small Italian cafe and gradually worked his way up to bus boy, waiter and then captain. He became the front of the house manager and then started to develop an interest in food preparation. He began as a prep cook and ultimately became head chef. His culinary background leading to Grappa is quite diverse. He has cooked and managed restaurants with the Hilton and Ritz Carlton hotels as well as Yonkers Raceway and Casino and the Surf Club Catering Hall. All of these experiences confirmed his goals and dreams. He wanted to own a restaurant of his own that featured exceptional food, an intimate atmosphere and a staff of courteous, hard working professionals. Grappa Ristorante is that and more. Ten years of hard work and commitment have allowed the dreams of Driton Sylaj and his partner, Nick Ahmetaj, to become a reality in Warwick Valley, New York. A long way for both from Kosova.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ladies Night Out in Warwick is a once a year event that attracts many visitors to our "most beautiful village" for a night of fun, fun. fun! Even with the overflow of customers we still experienced extraordinary service and fabulous food!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

While traveling for work upstate, met up with one of my dear friends and we had delicious dinner at Grappa ... food was nicely prepared and so tasty --
nice atmosphere --- friendly staff!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just happened upon this restaurant while on a day trip in Warwick with my husband, and loved it! We had a great meal in a beautiful setting. The waitstaff was very pleasant and the service was excellent without being overbearing. I ordered the salmon and my husband had the veal chop. Both meals were to die for, the fish was very fresh and the veal cooked perfectly. Can't wait for our next trip to Warwick, we will definitely be eating here again!

1  Thank Michaela J
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a very beautiful restaurant , love the relaxed feel of this place. The food is great , every time i go there i order different food and never been disappointed. Service was well - timed and friendly.I recomend this restaurant to everybody .

1  Thank irena s
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Downside: Owner and staff display attitude - gives one the impression that they think we are suckers for eating there and paying very high prices. Rather cavalier. On top of that - was charged $200 for meal for three plus another $88 showed up on my credit card for someone else's bar tab. Had I not checked my account the next day, would have been billed to me with little recourse. When confronting owner, was greeted with suspicion and denial. Finally checked his records and had to admit error. Said he knew the lady at the bar as a frequent customer and would collect from her while reluctantly writing me a check for the $88. Methinks they wanted to give her a free ride on my back. No apology but simply a defensive attitude. No offer of a free drink even. And I was civil but persistent.

2  Thank Gerard1448804