“Very reliable for many years”
Review of Landmark Inn

Landmark Inn
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Westchester County, New York
“Very reliable for many years”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Under current ownership, now firmly established for some years, The Landmark Inn continues a long history of excellent dining. I particularly enjoy it for lunch and the downstairs pub has its own vibe, good for something quick when in need. The soups are always reliable and some of the specials are very memorable. To this day, it's given me a memorable taste experience with venison, a choice which never impressed me until prepared at the Landmark. My learning something of the source of the meat from the chef and his preparation went far to explain why it tasted so special.

Whenever I drive by, I remind myself to look up to the second floor front windows where one might catch a glimpse of the historic building's resident lady ghost. If you see her before I do, wave for me.

• Visited June 2013

New Jersey
“Our new local favorite”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was my first time at the Landmark Inn. We were a party of 3 with a reservation at the Landmark Inn. Our reservation was right on time, so we were off to a good start. We started with a bottle of wine and some apps. The wine list is OK and the apps were very good. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and the entire dining experience. I especially enjoyed the scallops over risotto. Request a table by the window, there is a nice country view. The Landmark Inn is our new local favorite. Give the Landmark a try, you will not be disappointed.

Hamburg, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just delicious!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I had a gift certificate so off we went to the Landmark Inn 40 minutes from our home... it was wonderful! The food was outstanding. Prepared perfectly, served hot and plentiful. The staff was friendly, knowledgable of the menu and always professional. We especially enjoyed an appetizer, Lobster Rolls with a creamy wasabi butter. Very good and very different! We had the scallop risotto & the short ribs as entrees, also excellent! Oh, and you can't miss their desserts! All made on the premises including the ice cream! Definitely worth the drive... we WILL return!

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Out of town excellence”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had an occasion to dine at the Landmark Inn, a short distance east of the town of Warwick. It was outstanding. The inside is warm and inviting. The staff were friendly and courteous. (If you go, ask about the unique ceiling in the lower level room.). A couple of our group had specific dietary requests and all were accommodated perfectly. All of the meals - coq au vin, scallop risotto, Irish salmon, lamb, ahi tuna - were excellent. You will not be disappointed.

New York City, New York
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Landmark Inn is in a lovely location - once inside it is like being in a tree house. The restaurant is low key (a good thing) with enough variation and special touches to the american cuisine to make the meal interesting. The service was attentive but not over powering allowing for good conversation.

• Visited April 2013