“Not great - I'd choose another place to eat”

Di Salvo's Pizzeria & Sub Shop
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Pizza
Hamilton, Canada
“Not great - I'd choose another place to eat”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped for lunch while driving through Warsaw. I was disappointed as it looked like it would be a great old fashioned pizza place - I was let down! I ordered pizza and my boyfriend ordered a Manhandler - a steak sandwich with peppers/onions etc.

The pizza was horrible. The crust was raw in the middle. The cheese wasn't even completely melted. I brought it back to the counter and asked for it to be cooked more. The employee suggested something to the effect of "you can't please EVERYone" - what kind of people like RAW dough for their pizza?. After she cooked it more it was somewhat better - but the dough was still raw in the very middle of the crust.

I wouldn't go back - or recommend that you eat there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank harlgr8dane

Horseheads, New York
“Really good food, but it's kind of a dump”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was on my way through Warsaw and decided to stop to get some dinner. A friend and I decided to get a pizza and some wings. We got the "regular" pizza, but they have a deep dish as well. The pizza we got was awesome. (The deep dish looked really good, somebody had one while we were waiting.) I've lived somewhere in upstate NY my entire life, and had more than a few pizzas from different places. This one was definitely above average in ingredients and taste. The prices are pretty fair, but additional toppings seem to be a little expensive. The wings were also really good. I can't say how spicy they get, as we only got the mild.
Okay, that was the good stuff, now onto the other not so good parts. The bathroom was interesting to say the least. The urinal had a plastic bag covering it, and was the first thing that you walk into when opening the bathroom door. The bathroom itself is pretty small, and under a staircase, which means you hit your head when using the toilet. The seating area isn't all that large. There are a few tables, and I doubt that it fills up, but just something I noticed. The service is a little slow, but it isn't that often that I sit in a restaurant and wait for a pizza either.
Would I got back? Oh definitely, the food is really good. I just would not use the bathroom and call in my order to avoid the wait.

• Visited December 2012
“We stopped by this place after a local...”
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stopped by this place after a local parade. We live near by but have never gone. It was busy so we didn't get very good service. The food took a long time to get and the whole place was just disgusting. Very dirty and the table wasn't even clean when we sat down. Also... don't go in the bathroom, it is a nightmare in there.

NY
“Inexpensive Italian Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We were looking for something quick to eat before heading to a concert and we saw this little Italian place. The lady told me it would take about 10 minutes for the personal pizza I ordered but it took close to 20. It was, however, worth the wait. Everyone in my family enjoyed the food and I would definitely return. Family of four ate dinner for about $20.

Riverview, Florida
“Wonderful subs”
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Whenever I am in Western New York I drive by DiSalvos for their tuna sub. I have never found a sub as good as theirs anywhere in the country. All items are good too but that is the outstanding menu item.

Been to Di Salvo's Pizzeria & Sub Shop? Share your experiences!