“Great Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrensburg
Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort
Ronkonkoma, New York
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Amongst all the people BASHING the ranch... I have been coming here since i am about 4 years old. My grandparents [Lepore Family] have been taking my mother [Catalano family] [and other siblings] here since they were children. It is not meant to be your "Modern Day" hotel. This is a ranch, with the same owners/owners grown up kids keeping the grounds here. I love this place, everytime we go theres always great memories. My family and I usually come up end of january- first week of february when its really cold ,and theres tons of snow. I enjoy the snow there, not as much on long island :) The food is always great, and if your still hungry you can always eat more. I love the black labs the owners have that hang at the desk greeting people. And i totally get people bashing "mike" the lead cowboy.. he has a very dry humor.. u have to understand that in order to get his personality. I think hes great, we always joke around. THe beds may not be as "comfortable" as your Tempurpedic at home, but its a "vacation" i bring my own pillows and usually a down blanket keeps me good. I dont spend all day in the rooms, the bed is to rest and get up the next day to do something.-- if anyone ever has a bad time, thats probably because you suck as a person, and have no personality.. sorry.

Room Tip: i like the GOldmine/stagecoach/ chalets, for the winter.. i cant stay in the main lodge during the w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank justss0meyecandy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have been here several times with our children. I have also been here with my girlfriends for a scrapbook weekend! Everything at ridin hy is just great. Wonderful value. Not far from lake George .everyone here is friendly and accommodating .

Room Tip: Chalets by far , for privacy and roominess.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary G
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My daughter and I were returning for the 3rd or 4th time to Ridin' Hy. We brought her girlfriend who had very high expectations. As did we.
To cut to the chase, there was a problem with the reservations.No record of them.
It would be fair to say that the responsibility for the problem was a shared one. Us and them. But that's not the subject. They never even tried to blame. These guys just totally kicked in to not only make it right, but more than right. I was astounded by how well they handled the issue, especially given that they were totally sold out. (Which they are, more often than not.)
Moving on, all of our experiences at Ridin' Hy have been great. It is so much more than just a ranch and horseback riding. Just read the web site. If anything, it undersells the resort. Food is great. If you're looking for white table cloth don't come here. It's fun and good, but no "fu fu food." No one will go hungry. Three meals a day with plenty of choices. Activities all day and into the night. Don't skip the bingo. It's a blast.
You will not be disappointed if you choose Ridin' High.
One more thing. It's in the northeast, so for us it's driving distance. No airports to deal with. The other dude ranch that we love is in Arizona. Not too convenient to get to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

It has been a few years since we were there and this was our fourth time and we were surprised to see that it is even nicer than before. They have added a few attractions and everything looked so nice and well kept. The staff is very nice and helpful. The beds were so comfortable and the food was good especially Saturday night's buffet, it is worth the trip alone. This place is nice for a couple or a family. The kids will never be bored, so much to do. They always have a really good band at night. You get so much for the price. And if you ride the horses, be sure to check out the cowboy Ryan, we wanted to take him home.

Room Tip: They are pretty much the same, but if you stay in the lodge you will hear the band play until midnig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We haven't been to Ridin Hy for about 7 years since the grandchildren were little. Now they are adults. I was hoping it was still as nice as we remembered. Surprise, it was even better. It was so well kept and they had added a few things. We had perfect weather 60-70, sunny, breezy. There is so much to do, you could be busy all day, and the young people were. It is also a great place to just sit and relax and watch what is going on. You won't go hungry and the Saturday night buffet is worth the trip alone. The staff is great and everyone is so helpful and friendly. You can't find anywhere to go for such a nice weekend for the price. And, if you ride the horses, be sure to check out Ryan, the perfect cowboy.

2 Thank 97chocolate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I would love to go back! This was are first time and this place is great. Great with kids and staff was very nice. The food was plenty and tasty. Lots to pick from. The horses were very well taking care of and well trained. Wonderful family vacation.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank parishair
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My grandparents found out about this place in the 70s and would take their family (including my father) ever year. The tradition continued for a long time. I am now 16 and we still go! Even my mom's family comes! This place turned into an icon for our family memories. So much has changed for the better at 'the ranch' but it still stays the same in a sentimental way.

This place has amazing activities for all ages. There is arts and crafts for the younger ones, hay and wagon rides, pony and horseback riding, banana boating, kayaking, fishing, pedal boating, archery and much more! No matter your age, you will find something fun to do. There is even nightlife! If you want to swim you can take a dip in the lake or go to the indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi. You can have fun and be out all day and when you hear the ringing of the bell, head to the lodge for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Ridin Hy Ranch is a great place to vacation. Its extremely safe too! I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to have loads of fun.

Room Tip: If you are a family of 4 or less, go with the B rooms, if more people, try the A or AA rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Emily H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,510 reviews

Been to Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!