“Best Vacation EVER”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrensburg
Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Take a hike. Ride a horse. Swim. Fish. Row a boat. Get a pedicure. Do any of hundreds of things or do nothing but read a book. I would recommend Ridin-Hy Ranch to anyone, young or old. I expressed interest in a specific hike. Keri said, "Okay, I'll make a note for that to be tomorrow's hike". It was a beautiful hike to a castle ruins.
If you want a specific level ride, and no one else is on the list for that time, that is type of ride they will do.
It was so awesome to be able to so many things without getting our whole crew ready and jumping in the car to drive somewhere. Everyone could do what they wanted, when they wanted. I would rate Ridin-Hy higher than 5 stars if I could.

3  Thank Darlene F
There are newer reviews for Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We are three generations just back from our 5th trip and plan to go every year. The main thing is that the kids love it. They love everything; the horses, the games, bingo, hikes, swimming in the lake, paddleboats, rowboats, kayaks. There is always something to do. It is a stress-free vacation.

2  Thank Tatie
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were first introduced to Ridin-Hy more than 20 years ago - when our children were young. This summer we had an opportunity to share the experience with our 9-year old granddaughter. She is already asking to go back again next year! My husband and I were impressed with the number of multi-generation families we met - some who have been coming back to this resort for decades. It's still owned & operated by the same family - now by a new generation. In some ways it seems untouched by time. We have aged 20 years, but the resort seems much the same. Yes, there's a new "playhouse" with an indoor court and exercise room, and a new playground has been added since we were last there. But we were thrilled to find the same friendly service (at times from the very same staff). We could be as busy (or not) as we chose on any particular day, from breakfast 'til late evening. Highly recommended for families. Please note: there are no TVs or phones in guest rooms - and no room keys. WiFi is decent, and free, in the main lodge.

1  Thank mqrussell
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If your an outdoors person or better yet, an outdoors person with a family, Ridin Hy Ranch is the place for you. My wife and I had always gone on cruises because of the food and activities well.....Ridin Hy was like 800 Acre Cruise Ship to me. If you so desired you could start at 8am and at 11pm lay your tired but happy body down for a good night's sleep. Between 8am and 11pm there are activities to do virtually all day. And the best thing is no sea sickness.

The best thing about the trip is that you get to meet other families and participate with or against them in games like softball and kickball. It was just an overall great vacation. I'm from Alabama and I'm going back next year. If you meet a blond headed bartender ask her if she's from Canada.

1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

About 30 of us attended a family reunion, our first time at Ridin' Hy. We were impressed by everything. The staff was very friendly and ensured that we all were enjoying our stay. The grounds and buildingsvwere meticulously maintained and clean. The food was homestyle cooking with large portions and nice variety. The animals looked healthy and seemed happy. The only thing that kept us from giving 5 stars on the room was the very hard beds. We stayed in the main lodge and were prepared for the noise from the nightlife downstairs - not a complaint but an advisory for someone who wants a quiet place to sleep. We look forward to returning!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If it didn't deserve it so much, i'd be inclined to keep this place a secret...but it DOES deserve it and so I'm adding my 5 out of 5 to the pool of reviews...

I can't say it much better than the positive reviews before me (so read or re-read those for details) but I WILL say that Ridin-Hy is a place where it seems rare to NOT book for the following year and that's just about the best testimony there can be.

(We stumbled upon it 3 years ago and like others have gone back each summer since then...just returned from our 2013 trip and are already booked for 2014)

(Our Profile = married w/ 4 kids ages 13B, 11G, 9G, 7B)

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I just returned from our first trip to Ridin-Hy. We were asked to join my best friends extended family who has been returning guests for many years. After 4 days we totally understand why they return every year. Everything from the scenery to the staff was wonderful. Endless activities for all ages and endless food make every cent you spend worth it. A exceptionally run family resort in the middle of a beautiful spot I'm the mountains. Can't wait until next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center
Tea Island Resort
Tea Island Resort
#6 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Ridin-Hy Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!