“Nice but had important flaws!”

Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 7 Warrensburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed there last weekend ( in the Karner Blue room ) because the location was good ( we were going to the car show at Lake George and we wanted some place closeby but quiet ) and because the ratings on here were really good. We've stayed at several B&Bs, and in my opinion this one is overrated.
Pros: The hosts were friendly and helpful, the room was quiet, private bath plus extra sink in bedroom, the grounds were nice, a wrap around porch, sunny breakfast room, good food.
Cons: Our room had a private bathroom ( just outside the bedroom, like a suite ), but upon arrival there was ( how can I say this politely? ) poop in the toilet ( NOT OURS! It was there when we went to use it for the first time ) and if that were not bad enough, my husband had to use the plunger to get it down. There was hair in the shower drain ( again, NOT OURS! ). Also, there was a single bottle of water in the mini fridge ( was it left there by the last guest? If the hosts wanted to provide complimentary drinks, why would they leave just one? ), and although there was a coffee pot with sugar and coffee in the room, there was no cream ( except for a couple that were thrown in the drawer, but they were liquid, not powdered coffee creamer, and not refridgerated ). Also,although the hosts lock the front door at night, there was no way to lock the door to your room ( which was a concern for us, since we brought our laptop with us and didn't want to lock it up in a hot car all day while we were at the car show, and because I had jewelry that I was uncomfortable leaving behind in an unlocked room ). I'd like to think I could trust the other guests, but after all, I do not know them. And, there were signs everywhere ( do this, don't do that ).
I would not return, nor would I recommend this B&B to friends ( there are too many others to choose from nearby...and I consider cleanliness to be very important. This place left a bit to be desired ). The hosts need to hire a new cleaning person, or at the very least, do a simple walk through before their guests arrive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank RIBeachBum
ButterflyInn, Owner at Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

We have had many return guests for 12 years truly satisfied.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Thanks so much Al and Lynn!
My friend and I have plans to become future B&B owners. We are always looking for places for ideas and owner hospitality. Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B was an excellent example for both. Al and Lynn are superb hosts. Great personalities and wonderful breakfasts along with much knowledge of the area (including nearby locations in the state of Vermont). This surely is a place for travelers to come to for the peace and quiet or local activities in the surrounding area. Restaurants, skiing, boating, scenery are just some of the things you need to relax. It was nice to feel at home away from home. We also enjoyed meeting Shadow and Daisy! All the best
Joyce, Lewiston, NY

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely and worth the price! Privacy and hospitality all included.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SweetP57
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Alynn's Butterfly Inn was a fantastic place to stay. This was our first trip to America and we decided to travel through New York State so that we could experience the real America. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly welcomed by Al into his house and were given a tour of their lovely home and told a few stories about the house.
As it was our honeymoon, we were given a free room upgrade which had a fantastic view of the woods behind the house. The breakfast was amazing and we were sat around the breakfast table for two hours with Al and Lynn and the other two guests who were staying there.

If you're looking for a nice, quiet and friendly place to stay on your journey, we cannot recommend Alynn's Butterfly Inn highly enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel_Dee83
ButterflyInn, Owner at Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

So glad we could ,make your honeymoon memorable. Thank you for staying with us while in
the USA hope to see you again on your next trip across the pond.
Al & Lynn

Reviewed February 23, 2011

We stayed 3 nights at Alynn's over President's Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were very cozy and the breakfast was DELICIOUS. Al and Lynn had great stories to share, it was like we were visiting family! We live in Manhattan and Alynn's was a perfect getaway to escape the city and have a relaxing weekend! Highly recommend to young city couples looking to get a way for the weekend!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We spent two great days skiing in Gore Mountain and staying at Alynn’s Butterfly Inn. Great place.
I could not be more satisfied with the place itself: beautifully appointed house, very cozy rooms, all little things that make one’s stay so enjoyable and very friendly owners… And of course delicious warm breakfast every morning cooked by Lynn. The location was very convenient to the mountain and Lake George. If you ever decide to spend couple of days in this area I would strongly recommend Alynn’s Butterfly Inn.

Helen

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My daughter and I had a wonderful time. The warm friendly atmosphere made us feel relaxed and special. We woke up each day to gourmet breakfasts served as a family with relaxed conversation between guests and hosts. We came back from skiing to hot home made soup, home made cookies, and tea or hot chocolate. The living room is full of sun which is nice for relaxing in with a book or visiting. Lynn and Al were so kind. They even tracked down gloves and a hat we left at a restaurant and surprised us with them! We came home so refreshed! We can hardly wait for an excuse to return! (I checked Trip Advisor before selecting it and was thrilled with the reliable reviews!) Also, I have dust allergies and was thrilled at how clean it was!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2010

This is a comfortable inn with friendly hosts and delicious breakfasts The Inn is an old farm house which had several renovations. So the rooms are on two floors and are not hotel like. Each room is named for a butterfly and butterflies abound in the decor. Snowmen are popular too. The hosts are friendly and are willing to give advice about local skiing, shops etc., if you ask . Al waited up at night until my friends and I were all home. It was like coming home to dad-in a good way. Lynn made interesting, delicious and plentiful breakfasts. This is not a place if you want anonymity. They learned our names and addressed us by them. On our last day it snowed and Al cleaned the snow off our cars after plowing the driveway. One thing for winter guests-bring slippers. They don't permit outside shoes on the carpets due to the salt used to melt the snow outside.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MardiNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
The Alpine Lodge
#3 of 4 in North Creek
Olympian Village Resort
Olympian Village Resort
#8 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B? Share your experiences!