“Perfect B&B Near Lake George”

Cornerstone Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Warrensburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I recently stayed at the Cornerstone Victorian as part of a bridal party for a wedding. This charming bed and breakfast was in a perfect location for the wedding itself as well the other wedding-related errands we needed to run.

We were so busy that we weren't at the B&B for very long, but while we were there, we had an extremely comfortable room - the beds were so comfy! The jacuzzi in our room was a nice extra as well. After standing in high heels all day at the wedding, it was a treat to be able to take a warm jacuzzi bath.

The ultimate perk of staying at the Cornerstone Victorian was the breakfast that Louise and Doug served. We were there for two mornings and the breakfasts they served are truly on my top five best breakfasts ever! The food was so delicious and everything homemade! If you stay here, make sure you are hungry...I could not finish the last few courses!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KTO711
There are newer reviews for Cornerstone Victorian Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed May 9, 2010

We agree with the rave reviews. Doug and Louise are amazing hosts and make it all seem effortless, even the huge gourmet breakfasts served with panache (calorie counters beware, butter is not spared here). The house is beautiful, rooms are lovely and hosts couldn't be more accommodating. The only negative - not the fault of the Innkeepers - is that not much is open before Memorial Day week-end. Warrensburg itself has few tourist attractions, although there are a couple of good restaurants and an antique shop or two. In good weather, great hiking is nearby. Outlets are always open. Doug and Louise make the trip worthwhile with terrific off -season rates, warm hospitality, great breakfasts, luscious snacks and very comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My wife and I could not have found a more romantic, welcoming, and overall enchanting place to spend our Anniversary. After much searching on the internet, we landed on this place based on the amazing reviews....VERY HAPPY WE DID!!! It is close to Gore and Hunter Mountain if you want to ski and there are plenty of wonderful and quaint restaurants very near Cornerstone. The rooms are beautiful and Doug and Louise keep the place immaculate. Our favorite part of each day was sitting down and eating their five-course breakfast. It was easily the best breakfast either of us had eaten in years. We are both Vegetarians and they happily accomodated our dietary needs each morning. Some quick tips. Do not trust online driving directions, the exits have changed. Call Doug or Louise, they will give the best directions. If you can, get a room with a fireplace, it really added something special to our evening. The local wine and liqour store is limited, so if you want to have some nice wine, I would bring it from home. Overall we loved it, will be back, and hated to leave.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Just returned from a short stay in the Lake George area. My wife and I were looking forward to a relaxing trip to view the fall foliage and check out the area around Lake George. We were so lucky to have picked this wonderful B&B. The hospitality was so wonderful that i felt like we were friends from the beginning. We woke up in the morning to a delicious scent coming from the kitchen and had a 5 course meal both mornings of our stay. The food was amazing, the room was very comfortable, and we couldn't have felt more at home.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I must say staying at the Cornerstone Victorian was truely an experience. Eveything about our 4 day week was PERFECT. When i say perfect i mean perfect. Doug and Louise are truely one of the sweetest couples i have ever met in my life. You can really see how sincere they are about making your stay the best. Louise has to be one of the best cooks i ever met in my life. The 5 course breakfast is to die for! And her home made cakes in the evening were absolutley delish! Everything she made was one shock after the next.
The house was absolutly gorgeous! Every room is unique in there own way. I stayed in the Masters Chamber and it was amazing. From the balcony to the King size canope bed. I was shocked to see even the shower was antique and all wooden inside. Every little detail about this house was breath taking. Every night that we walked in after being out in the town I felt like we were true loyalty. And they way doug and Louise treated us, it was confirmed.
Aside from the house and the fabulous owners it is just the perfect spot to stay. 10 minutes from Lake George and even white water rafting and hiking. I had never been to Lake George but happy that we stayed right outside of it so we had more privacy and less touristy. There were amazing restaraunts right in the town of Warrensburg as well. I recomend the Grist Mill Inn and Graces'. amazing food i was actually shocked.
I cannot wait to get back to the Cornerstone. I recomend it for anyone. Couples, families. It was truely an amazing experience.
Thank you so much Doug and Louise!

Gina & Evan

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Even if you have no reeason to vsit Warrensburg, you should go just to experience this B&B.Of course it will spoil you for all others.The food ( including the evening desserts) was amazing. I had no idea one could be so inventive with breakfast- all 5 courses.Louise and Doug as mentioned by others were perfect hosts.Spotless rooms in a real victorian mansion at very affordable prices with special offers if you stay the week. May have to invent an excuse to go back.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I am so glad to say I now know what all the rave reviews I read are about.
We stayed 4 wonderful nights to celeb a bdy.
The Inn ~ the gardens ~ the rooms ~ the 5 (yes 5) course breakfasts are everything you will read and more.
Doug and Louise Thank you for a great visit and we hope to be one of your many repeat guests.
Marc and T.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Bonnie View on Lake George
#4 of 7 in Warrensburg
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
#5 of 7 in Warrensburg

Been to Cornerstone Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!