“More than we hoped for, at an unbelievable price”

Cornerstone Victorian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 7 Warrensburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our stay has been split between two rooms, the Garden and the Eastlake. The smaller room, the Garden room, is beautifully appointed, and the bed amazingly comfortable. This room is worth more than it goes for. There were bottles of water, chocolate mints, beautiful glasses to drink from, and there is even an extra heater in case the radiator isn't enough. We arrived quietly after 10pm and were pleasantly surprised to see desserts, teas, coffees and other beverages available for everyone.

We moved into the Eastlake and again couldn't believe the value. Everything in it is beautiful and full of character, from the luxurious bed to even the smallest things like the shelf in the bathroom.

Of course I must agree with every other review about the quality of the breakfasts. Simply divine. A highlight of our stay, to be sure!

Finally, I must acknowledge and thank our gracious hosts, Doug and Louise. I called to make our reservation, and Doug set the tone of the whole trip right away with his friendliness and laughter. They both worked hard serving breakfasts, and are a pleasure to know. Plus we got to meet their furry companion, Sampson!

I will be recommending this wonderful place to my close friends, and I couldn't even wait until we leave to write this review. In fact, it's almost time for breakfast now! I can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JasonKip

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for a ski trip. We wished we could stay longer. The house is lovely. The room is beautifully decorated and furnished. Doug and Louise made us feel we are part of their family. The 5 course breakfast is gourmet! After a day out in the mountain, cannot find a better ending than coming 'home' to tea/coffee and dessert. So this is the place to stay, no need to search further.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BusyWorkerBee
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed here for a family ski weekend. Gorgeous old home, 4 poster beds, immaculate rooms, beautifully decorated. Doug and Louise treated our family like family. So nice sitting in front of a cozy fire at night. The breakfasts and desserts in the evening are amazing. 5 courses a little much for me. I even told Louise, 3 would still be sensational. Since we notified them ahead of time that I required gluten free, they really went out of the way and Louise made very creative gluten free choices, almond sponge cake with creme fraiche and fresh berries, flour-less chocolate torte, buckwheat pancakes with berries, and an amazing sweet corn torte just to name a few.

Room Tip: Loved the Turret Room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Once again, our stay at the amazing Cornerstone Victorian, with hosts Doug and Louise wows! We stayed in early January so we were privileged to see the enormous and beautifully decorated live Christmas tree in the parlor of this meticulous Victorian. Of course, thats simply a bonus. From wonderfully appointed guest rooms with attention to detail (matching curtains and light fixtures throughout and more) to the sumptuous 5 course meal that is breakfast here, you will not be disappointed. SO much more than just a stay in a classy place, you leave here with a warm feeling, contemplating the perfect time to return! Thanks so much once again, Doug and Louise for making us feel like more than just guests!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A faultless performance from Louise and Doug. Probably the friendliest hosts we've stayed with. They seem to genuinely enjoy meeting their guests and you leave feeling as though you have made new friends. The accommodation is lovely: a large historic house with comfortable, quiet rooms. At breakfast everyone dines together around a large table whilst Doug and Louise serve a banquet of delights. We stayed 3 nights and our chats with other guests around the breakfast table were amongst the many highlights. We have toured New England in the Fall before but this was our first visit to the Lake George area. The scenery is beautiful and well worth the extra miles from Boston!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way home from a weekend in Maine. I found the B&B through internet searches and was hoping that the house was as beautiful as the pictures. I was awestruck. If you're a lover of old Victorian homes and antiques, this place will leave you slack-jawed :) We were greeted by Doug, who has to be the most pleasant and welcoming person I've ever encountered and made us feel like long lost relatives. Our room (The Masters Chamber) looked like it jumped off the pages of a magazine and was immaculate. Breakfast...oh, breakfast.... beyond delicious! We were actually sorry to leave, and promised to make this a future destination instead of a stop over.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here on our way to Stowe(now my Fiance) and we are so glad we did. We were greeted by Doug and Louise' daughter whos name I can not remember unfortunately. She was very pleasant and showed us around before leading us to our room. We stayed in the Victorian room and it was beautiful. The Sleep number bed was a nice perk and the bathroom with its double jacuzzi was divine. Lousie makes homemade desserts for your arrival and the red velvet cupcakes waiting in the fridge were the most amazing I have ever had. We both slept very soundly and enjoyed an amazing breakfast that consisted of fruit, a stuffed cherry tomato, Lousies homemade Granola and a choice of an awesome open faced egg sandwich( bacon avocado and basil) or coconut waffles. I had the egg sandwich my fiance had the Coconut waffles and we were both thrilled with our meals. We were so stuffed it kept us full for the entire drive to Stowe vermont and then we still didn't feel the need to eat until that evening. The Cornerstone Victorian is clean and remarkable beautiful. We can't wait until the next time we travel through the area and get to visit again. Doug and Louise make you feel like family and are the shining example of what a good B&B should be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrensburg
Gore Mountain Lodge
Boathouse Bed and Breakfast A Lake Castle Estate on Lake George
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
Alynn's Butterfly Inn B&B
#5 of 7 in Warrensburg

Been to Cornerstone Victorian Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!