“Decent food”

Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Warrensburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located at 3735 Main Street in Warrensburg, NY, we proudly serve some of the best food and coldest beer in the Adirondacks and have done so for the past 25 years. We pride ourselves in offering great food at reasonable prices in a comfortable, family-friendly environment.From juicy burgers and paninis to fresh salads and homemade soups to choice-cut steaks and fresh seafood, there's truly something for everyone. And don't forget to let George Henry's plan your next celebration or event! Reserve a few tables or book the entire establishment and let us take away your party-planning worries! We'll present you with as many options as possible to provide a party that will wow your guests without breaking the bank! Need to host a party at your house? George Henry's also provides off-site catering!
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We started with French onion soup , it was good . I asked the waitress for a Rueben , even though it wasn't on the dinner menu , she happily obliged . The Mrs. had the prime rib melt w/fries , both orders were fairly good and the fries were very good . Service was friendly but I do have an issue with the beer I ordered , they were out of Adirondack bear naked ale , so I had to make another choice .I opted to try something new to me "Duvel" a strong Belgian ale .The waitress returned with the beer in what I assume was a special "Duvel" glass( normal size but shaped differently) it was about half full with a small head , before I could comment she said that this was the first "Duvel" she ever served and this is how it's served , per the bartender. I should have sent it back. The beer itself was actually pretty good but not worth a premium price , in my opinion .I know the argument will probably be that this beer has a high alcohol content and it's recommended to be served in this way , but they should tell you before ordering .

NatesDaddy, Owner at George Henry's, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

The reviewer raises a fair point about Duvel and in the future we will let customers know that it is a premium beer served in a specific glass and is a 12-ounce pour. We gladly would have taken back the Duvel and given him or her another product had this particular customer requested so. And yes, Duvel is very expensive with a high alcohol content.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our family ate here last week while on vacation at Hague, NY. Service was accommodating and prompt in a nice friendly mountain atmosphere. I wish I could say the same for many of the food items. Those in our party who had wings and burgers were very satisfied, especially with the wings. Otherwise, the steak, although properly cooked, was tough and without any taste. The tuna was not much better. If you choose to dine here stick with the basics....burgers and wings and you will be happy. Any of the menu items, good luck!

1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My boyfriend, his brother and I have stopped at George Henry's twice now and both times the servers were really friendly. The atmosphere was very relaxing and casual, perfect for after a long drive to Stony Creek. Definitely try the Flower Power beer and the Basil Chicken Tortellini, which had really juice chicken and the sauce and pasta were amazing.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family reserved a table for dinner on our way to NYC from Canada. In an email, I jokingly asked if they had Genesee Cream Ale (as I was born in Rochester). The manager promised me he would have it. When we arrived, the waitress said "Oh, we have been waiting for you." The manager had spent four hours driving around looking for the beer and finally found it.....amazing.....!
I will also say the food is very good...steaks are excellent, burgers are juicy and tasty. The soups are great. My son insisted we stop on the way back to have more soup. We will definitely come back.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed July 15, 2013

we recently had a Family Reunion dinner at George Henry's - the food and service was excellent - the menu provides something for everyone. Thank you, Todd and your staff.

1  Thank Juanita P