“Superb 5 star Dining, Wonderful Ambiance, Great Rack of Lamb !”
Review of The Grist Mill

The Grist Mill
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Warrensburg
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Stony Creek, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb 5 star Dining, Wonderful Ambiance, Great Rack of Lamb !”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I am the owner and operater of Bear Country Lodge resort in the Adirondacks I am also a graduate of Paul Smiths College, and earned a degree in Hotel Administration and Culinary Arts. I have dined in just about every restaurant in the Adirondacks and the Grist Mill BY FAR IS THE BEST ! Having gone to Culinary School myself, I have a very discerning palate, appreciate excellent food, and I am a bit of a critic. I always highly recommend all of my guests to put "The Grist Mill" on their "must do" list as part of their vacation, and they always come back raving. Their Caesar Salad is the best and the Rack of Lamb, stuffed with spinach, roasted in Garlic and brushed with dijon mustard, finished with lamb juz is amazing. Ambiance is wonderful, Great historic Mill, Beautiful views of the river. Chis and Kate, the owners make an outstanding pair and as busy as they are always find time to welcome, greet, and thank their guests. I just love this place, it is worth every dime, you will not be dissappointed. Many Thanks to both of you for many superb dinners. Diane M Daly

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ddaly123

Montgomery, New York
“A Must!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

What can I say! The food, the service, the view - all worth the trip. Not a large menu, however, party of 6 - all difference choices - not a bad meal in the bunch. Put this on your list while in Lake George!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Heather C
Yonkers, NY
“You must go here!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner while staying in lake george. The food was amazing, service was great, the view was beautiful. This was the best meal meal we had and our entire trip. Definitely coming back here!

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Make sure to sit by the river in their screened in porch, fabulous setting! Very good service even though she was a bit young and didn't really know her stuff, but that was ok.

Visited June 2014
Danbury, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A top 5 meal!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First, call ahead and request a table at a window overlooking the river.
Order a glass of wine (they provide a generous amount). Relax. Now that sets the tone. Rustic ambiance with a wonderful river view. It had rained heavily the past couple nights and the river was raging!

I ordered the smoked salmon appetizer (smoked and wrapped around fresh asparagus and a creamy herb cheese spread) and it was delicious.
For my entree I ordered the rack of lamb. Cooked perfectly and quite possibly the best I ever had.
Dessert was just what I needed! and the coffee drinks my my my...

Only 10- 15 mins. north west on Rt. 9 from Lake George Village, this rustic gem will be on my hit list every time I get up to the area!

• Visited June 2014