“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Warrensburg
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Just wish this place would stay open year round but pleased to have such great food and service in our area. Great venison and a superb caeser salad.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have been coming to the Lake George region for almost 25 years. This is a restaurant that has been recommended to us numerous times. Tonight was our first visit. It will definitely not be our last. The building is historic and has an ambiance that is charming and relaxing. The unique bar area is located downstairs. A huge stone fireplace flanks one wall of this slate floor room where the bartender conjures up the best martinis. A screened in porch area is adjacent to the bar. You can hear the Schroon River rushing by. The food is spectacular. I had the filet which was absolutely tender and cooked to perfection. My husband had the rack of lamb. This dish is a house specialty. Either entree is sure to please. Our server Kate was so accommodating. We were not rushed which provided us ample time to sip our cocktails and enjoy the company of our great friends. The Grist Mill is one of the best restaurants in the Adirondacks!

1  Thank Denville_NJDeedee
Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's not often that Karma intervenes, and you have the perfect meal, service, and company, but last night was the exception. The setting of the old mill on the Schroon River is lovely. Our waitress, Ekaterina (Kate) was warm, friendly, knowledgable, and most helpful. I ordered the filet mignon, and could (and did!) cut it with my fork. It was broiled to perfection, and seasoned beautifully. Kate made me a special salad from scratch, with a maytag blue cheese dressing that was simply awesome. My wife, and our guests marvelled at the quality of the food.

1  Thank douggherlone
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and stumbled upon the Grist Mill in Warrensburg. We had no reservations and asked how long for a table and were told 30-45 mins. It looked like an interesting place so we agreed to wait. We were told we could wait at the bar downstairs until a table was ready, no problem. Got downstairs and the bar was completely filled with people drinking and some eating. No room at the bar, so we waited for the bartender to ask for orders. It never happened. I had to go over to the bar between people eating to get his attention. We had a drink, but refused to bother the diners again to get refills.
At 45 minutes I went back upstairs to see about our table, and I guess I had perfect timing as a table was open. As with the other review, service was very poor. For the type of restaurant this was and their pricing you would expect a lot more. The food was great once we got it and I can't say anything bad about the quality. It all boils down to service. You want to spend $ 50.00 a person and get lousy service but good food, this is your place.

1  Thank Shannon N
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While staying in Warrensburg on our way to Vermont we had read such wonderful reviews about the Grist Mill we were so excited to eat there. The building itself is really cool. It is built right on the Schroon river and has all the old workings of the original mill incorporated into the atmosphere. We arrived early for our reservation and only waited a few minutes and were seated in the corner in the main room with an amazing view of the river. Good thing since we sat for at least 10 minutes before we were even brought bread and water. We sat for at least another 10 minutes before a drink order was taken despite the fact that our server was serving the 3 tables around us the entire time. Either we were being ignored or she did not know we were her table. Without even an apology our orders were taken and again we waited. I ordered the Filet and it was done well as I requested and was tasty. The vegetables tasted like they had been nuked and were chewy. My Fiance ordered the beef tenderloin special and when it came out it had obviously been sitting under the heat lamps long enough to majorly discolor the sauce that covered it. It also tasted sour. She barely ate any of it. The server actually noticed she did not eat much of it and apologized and stated that she was going to stop telling people about it because it is never good. Really?? She comped us our desserts that was nice but the meal was still over $100. The chocolate mouse dessert is very good and was the highlight of the meal. Next time we are in the area I don't kow if we will give it a second chance or not.

1  Thank Jason A