“Never disappoints!”

Cuisines: American
Haskell, New Jersey, United States
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great service and food. This is the ONLY place we get breakfast when around Lake George. The Luck-E-Star breakfast is my personal favorite.

Visited August 2013

Chestertown, New York
“Awesome Home Cooked Food”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We eat at Luck-E-Star several times a week and they have many regular customers. The food is excellent, portions are generous, the staff is super-nice and helpful. One of the great things about this place is the wide variety of offerings, from breakfast through dinner you can get a huge selection. The soups and desserts are especially delicious, the salads are also, there are wraps, subs, sandwiches, burgers, quesadillas and homemade dinners. They also have a variety of hard and soft ice cream for dessert! If it's a very hot day the AC isn't always the best, but on most days it's fine. Very clean and very nice atmosphere as well. Prices are VERY reasonable.

I am a new member of trip advisor who has been accused by the owner of Suzie Q's in Brant Lake in a rebuttal to my negative review of having ulterior motives and not reviewing his restaurant right after my last visit. If I had known trip advisor existed at the time we stopped going there, I would have. He seems to think I only publish negatives, he didn't respond to the actual problem I described and how my family was treated and he expressed concern that we might never be able to find a place we like to eat. Well, here it is. Luck-E-Star. Another 10 minutes down the Northway and well worth the trip for the great experience you will have. I will publish a few more recommendations of GOOD restaurants in the area as well. Enjoy your trip!

• Visited July 2013
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“breakfast”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good spot for breakfast anytime. Omlettes are good and ask for the home fries "crisp". Is also a popular spot for ice cream in Warrensburg.

Visited January 2013
“Glorified ice cream stand.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a place for snack bar type foods. Price is pretty good but I'd rather pay more and have better. We ate lunch. I can't speak about dinner, though they do offer it. The Deluxe burger comes with a large mound of shredded lettuce, some shreds of onion and two small shaves of tomato, smear of mayo applied for you. The grilled bun was burned on one side. Edible, but not worth repeating. Husband's filet of cod sandwich was ok. He loved the fries which were too well done for my taste. Our server was efficient and friendly. The place was clean, including the restrooms. Likely to try the other options in town before returning to this one.

1 Thank Adkhi
Potsdam, New York
“Constantly Good, Quick and Reasonable”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I stop here periodically usually for lunch, and it has always been good. The prices are reasonable, portions are good, and the food is tasty. Mealtime crowds show that we are not alone in our evaluation. Simple decor, friendly and effcient staff all add to a good time old fashion place where regulars mix with tourists and travelers.

The lunch menu is extensive, and there is usually a special posted on the blackboard which also gives you the soups of the day. We have had a number of things for lunch and have never been dissatisfied. We seem to gravitate to soup and a wrap. This last trip the beef and bean soup was a winner. You could almost call it a stew, and if it wasn't homemade I would like to find out where I could buy it! Yummy! My wife had a chicken caesar wrap, and I had the crispy buffalo chicken wrap. My wife took half of it for the road, and I confess that I have ordered the buffalo wrap before, and it is my favorite. You are given your choice of wraps and dressings, and they are a generous size. There are always many desserts in the display case, but we shy away from them (Hey! You have to use some restraint sometimes!). They look so good that I could probably order one of each. It is family friendly, and they have a take out area as well as an ice cream stand. Well worth the stop.

• Visited December 2012