“Cute restaurant but the food is beyond bad”
Review of Ocho Cinco Cantina

Ocho Cinco Cantina
Ranked #13 of 25 Restaurants in Warrensburg
Description: Serving authentic, affordable Mexican cuisine in Warrensburg, N.Y. Located in the historic Ashes Hotel building. Featuring the creations of Head Chef Adam Bruce, known for his work as Head Chef at the Grist Mill restaurant.
Reviewed March 19, 2019

They need to hire someone who knows how to cook Mexican food. It was so dry, no sauce, tacos were the worst we've ever had.

Date of visit: March 2019
OchoCincoCantina, Manager at Ocho Cinco Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Hi,

We are so sorry to hear you had a less than enjoyable experience at Ocho Cinco Cantina / Ashes Pub. None of the bartenders or servers brought it to the management’s attention that a customer was dissatisfied. We wish we had been informed, so we could have tried to rectify the situation at that time. We are still very new and making menu adjustments and other modifications to our service and cuisine. We have had a lot of varying feedback, as we are serving a range of preferences and palates. We will continue to work on things and hope you’ll give us another try sometime soon.

The Ocho Cinco Cantina Management

Reviewed February 12, 2019

The closest Mexican Resturant is 30 miles away but not anymore with the opening of this straight forward, fresh and flavorful gem in the Country. If your on your way to Gore, stop by and fuel up with the house made Chips and fresh Salsa with a bright and clean flavor, while you wait for your delicious margarita's and red Sangria that would make you swear you were South of the border. We had the house made poppers that were crunchy, cheesy and divine with the chicken tortilla soup that is thick and spicy with a bit of crunch with the addition of crispy tortillas. Lunch was the soft tacos with pork (carnitas) that tasted like a slow braised shoulder, then pulled apart and sauce added to deepen the flavors. YUM! I had the chimichanga which was chimiGAZONGA, a burrito supremo that is deep fried. YES PLEASE!! We're going back just for the drinks, the food is icing on the cake. Like deep rich GANACHE icing!! OLE' !!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Tried out Ochos during their opening weekend was very pleased with my meal! The decor is bright and fitting to the Mexican theme without being overwhelming. Started with the Winter Margarita and it was wonderful! Great flavor and left my cheeks nice and rosey! The queso was fresh made and paired nicely with the homemade chips. My burrito tasted great with plenty of flavor. Next time I’ll have to remember to add extra lettuce to the burrito, I personally enjoy a good crunch, but other wise delicious!!

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Very cute and clean,newly opened venue alongside of a well established hometown bar in a quaint Adirondack small town setting.
Atmosphere is inviting, minimally but nicely decorated in Southwest style.
The start-up menu offered a nice variety of appetizer type with fresh salsa, guacamole and other sauces. We had the Ceviche, bacon wrapped jalapenos and the drumsticks with a smokey SW dipping sauce. All fresh and tasty! The signature margaritas we had were delicious!
Looking forward to going back as they continue to develop and expand the menus. I think it's going to be a local favorite!

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Ocho Cinco Cantina is doing a great job serving quality Mexican food at reasonable prices. In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that my husband is the chef. That said, we are hardest on the ones we love and I am extremely proud of the food he and the team are creating in the kitchen.

This is the first weekend they have been open (for trial service) and although, like every restaurant there will be kinks to work out, I think Ocho Cinco Cantina has filled a void in Warrensburg with Mexican food that appeals to a wide range of people.

In my humble opinion, the dishes I have tried are not quite spicy enough for my taste, but they assure me that if requested when ordered, heat can be added to any dish.

The margarita vinaigrette on the taco salad was great and added an unexpected "tang" that was delish. Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers were brought to the next level with a fantastic, slightly spicy chipotle honey dipping sauce.

The beverage crew has done a great job creating specialty Margaritas...I tried the Winter Margarita which was refreshing.

I am looking forward to seeing the menu grow. My only concern is that the restaurant will be so busy I'll never see my husband again!

1  Thank Jbtalker