“Incredible”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I spent a couple days rafting with Wild Waters and it was a very enjoyable experience. The owners were nice and helpful. The guides were experienced, safe, and kept the trip entertaining. We had a lunch on the river and then dinner when we returned to the center. Both meals were tastey.
There are plenty of raft companies in the area and I would put this company on the top of the list. I can't waiti to return.

3 Thank ericg68

upstate NY
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A Great Raft Trip!”
Reviewed April 14, 2008

April 12, 2008- I got recruited by a friend whose dad had broke his foot and couldn't go. If I knew the trip was going to be as good as it was, I would've broken his foot myself. The owner and his staff were very accommodating- from making sure our gear was in good shape and a great fit (brand new dry-suits were available to rent for $25 (with snow on the ground and chunks of ice in the river, I highly recommend them), to the friendliness of our knowledge guide, Mark. We were doubly fortunate to have great weather and big water (tip: check the USGS website for waterlevel- http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?01315500 -plan to go a day or two after rain if possible)
Our guide Mark had several years experience on the Indian and Hudson Rivers (as well as others) and made a focused effort on navigating the best (read= wildest) route down the river. While watching rafts from other companies go through a rapid after us, it was clear that we were having the best, and wettest, time. Lunch was provided at a stop along the way, including hot soup (which was wonderful) and a delicious dinner too, back at their base camp. The owner, Doug, has been in the business for something like 20 years, and his attention to detail is apparent.

5 Thank knight_w_o_armor