“Amazing experience.”

Wild Waters Outdoor Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1983, Wild Waters has provided the best Whitewater Rafting experience in the Adirondacks located near Lake George NY. Choose between our 17 mile full day trip with class 3-4 whitewater or our 7 mile class 2-3 2.5 hour trip or the 3.5 mile class 2-3 Sacandaga River trip. Great for ages 5 and up!
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my second time rafting on the Hudson, the first time with Wild Waters and I must say, what an absolutely amazing experience. The guides are all knowledgable, entertaining, and talented. They know the river, and they know how to make sure everyone has a great time. The views through the gorge are breathtaking, and there is just as much excitement through the rapids as there is through the tranquility through the Adirondacks. I would absolutely recommend Wild Waters to anyone looking to raft down the Hudson. You can beat the price, or the experience. On top of the rafting experience, the entire booking process was a breeze. The office is very helpful in accommodating any of your needs as well as any special requests. Also, we wound up getting lost on on way to the place, called the desk, received turn by turn directions from where we were, and were told not to worry, that the bus would not leave without us. All around a great company, great employees and a wonderful experience.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"raft guide"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our second time with Wild Waters, the last being about 10 years ago. Both times we did the mild Sacondga trip (level III rapids) about a 2 hour trip. It was a great time, very enjoyable and because of the hot/humid weather the swim break is perfect. Your raft trip begins with a water release from a dam on the river, this raises the water level and makes the rapids a little more accessible. You start with a short series of rapids, then a while with still water (and swimming) and then some more rapids. It's a great two hours for almost any age (I would say you wouldn't want to take children under five). If you like a nice river trip in the mountains, this is a great opportunity. PS, they have a more vigorous day long trip on the upper Hudson river.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This definitely ranked as one of my best experiences all summer! We had a blast! Not only did they accommodate our (large) group, but when we had to reschedule, the staff was incredibly understanding and flexible and we were able to secure a later date that worked for us. On top of the staff being friendly and courteous, our guides were a riot. As a first timer, I have to admit I was a bit nervous about white water rafting because I didn't know what to expect...but my boat's guide John (ask for him, you won't regret it!!) was incredibly knowledgeable (and hilarious). It was clear that he knew the river well - so well in fact, that he was able to get us to all the "sweet spots" so that our trip would be that much more fun and memorable! We were give lunch and a delicious pasta dinner (included as part of the trip). Everyone had such a great time, we haven't stop raving about the trip...even those who had gone white water rafting with other companies before declared Wild Waters to be the best company they'd ever come across. We'll definitely be coming back and I recommend them to anyone looking to have an amazing time!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The owner, Doug, was very accommodating. We arrived late at the lodge and the bus has already left. But instead of him letting us miss our trip, he arranged for one of the guides to wait for us and drive us to where they launch the rafts. We were able to catch up with our group and with much time to spare. The trip was amazing and fun! I was impressed by the group dynamics of the guides especially when a guest falls off into the water. The professionalism of the owner and the guides is topnotch! Oh and the dinner is great! According to our guide, the cook makes squirrel taste like chicken. So true! Will definitely come again. Must try on springtime.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My Family had a great rafting trip through the Hudson River Gorge. My son Daniel 11 and Daughter Rachel 14 had a great time jumping off Elephant Rock and so did I. Swimming in the river was great. Our Guide Jon told us if things went well we would not paddle more then 8 consecutive strokes all day and he was true to his word. Just enough rapids and just enough slow downs. The wet suits we rented really came in handy on the cloudy morning. Lunch was tasty in a very rough setting practically in the woods. The Dinner provide at the Lodge was great too. Bring soap and shampoo for the showers afterward. I would definitely do this again!