“Love the dumplings”
Review of Palace Dumplings

Palace Dumplings
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Thought we'd try something different. We got take-out dumplings. The lamb and onion and the vegetable dumplings were great. Nice and much lighter than any dumplings I've had before. My husband really liked the spicy Kimchee (not for me). Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This place just seems to get better and better. The salad dishes are unusual and fun to try. The dumplings are handmade and delicious. Steamed or pan-fried...pan-fried of course! The braised beef is flavorful and delicious. The noodles are also great...lucky to have this place so close to home.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Been searching for Authentic Chinese in the Hudson valley, My wife is from China, and she enjoyed the food. We had the won ton soup, sour cabbage and pork dumplings and the green been sheets, all delicious . Too bad the Chinese food in the area is really bad. This is a gem. you are only a foodie if you understand what you are eating, South china's staple is rice, the north enjoys dumplings. This is not sugar infused Chinese/American food. enjoy

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Wow. Dumplings. Who knew? That is right... just dumplings. The owner, a great guy and his wife, started this place three years ago (or so). Old family recipe for dumplings. Steamed, pan fried deliciousness. This is a "keep it simple stupid" sort of place. Dumplings is what they know, what they do, and they are the best you have ever had, period.

The place is in a strip mall, so you would overlook it if you did not know it was there. Once again, my CIA trained son led us to the Palace. He had been raving about it for months so we finally went. Once again, he was right on the money. Intense, well developed flavors in a soft perfectly cooked dumpling exterior. Don't really know what to call the pastry exterior, but I know that it is a closely guarded family secret.

My recommendations to the owners is to spruce up the interior a bit. It is quite plain and a bit worn. I know, I know, it is all about the food, but the decor is a bit cold and uninviting, even if the owners are as warm and pleasant as anyone could ever be.

Great food, great service. Great price.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Driven past this place numerous times without a second thought. Then I read the reviews and had to try it. I was not at all disappointed! Ordered the panfried lamb & mushroom dumplings, the flavor green bean sheets, and the flavor crispy potatoes.

The dough for the dumplings was light and silky yet chewy. The filling was moist and flavorful and the dumplings had a light crisping. Forget the heavy dumplings you know from your typical Chinese joint. These dumplings, with more varieties of fillings than you'd ever think of, are a totally different type of food.

The Flavor Green Bean Sheets and the Flavor Crispy Potatoes are both listed as "salads" although that's a bit of a confusing classification. The green bean sheets are thick, wide "glass noodles", and I now understand where that term comes from. These noodles are as clear as they can be, deliciously chewy and slippery, and wonderfully flavorful dressed with cucumbers and what I think was a few strips of chicken in a clear, spicy sweet dressing with a distinct taste of horseradish.

The potatoes are like the best straw potatoes you will ever have! Hard, crispy shreds of potato with a vinegar and cilantro flavoring. The potatoes are dry, and a little sticky almost. I almost wish they had a sauce-y accompaniment, but nevertheless I ate the full serving.

I thoroughly recommend this place if you are feeling like something out of the ordinary. The food was delicious and interesting. Try things you've never seen on another menu before and appreciate the warm service, the authentic food and the reasonable prices (all three dishes and a soda came to less than $30).

I will definitely be back many, many times.