“Bad experience”
Review of Per' Un' Angelo

Per' Un' Angelo
Reserve with OpenTable
Per' Un' Angelo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 87 Restaurants in Wantagh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lindenhurst, New York
“Bad experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying that I liked the atmosphere. It was like eating at a old world Italian restaurant. That's where it ended. It took the waiter 20 minutes to take a drink order for 4 people. It took another 20 minutes to get a menu. When he finally came back to take the orders the appetizers were cold and during the meal no one came to see if we needed anything else. When we decided we would not stay for desert, the hostess finally came around to ask how everything was. When we told her she was in shock but to her credit she did the right thing. I would not hesitate to go back because sometimes not everything goes right and everyone deserves a second chance.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank jakemy

New Rochelle, New York
“Neighborhood Gem!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our first time here was a home run. Everything was great: food, wine, service, ambiance, value, and location. We researched this restaurant prior to our trip from Westchester, NY. We had to go to a wake at a funeral home in Wantagh, NY, and wanted to have lunch before going to the wake. What a find!! The delicious bruschetta and warm bread were placed on the table by our attentive waiter even before we ordered any food or wine. The appetizers and entree`s were first rate as well. The decor was eye candy. You have to go there to see what we mean. You will love this place. We di and can't wait to go back...this time for dinner and we will bring friends.

• Visited March 2013
Massapequa, New York
“Perfection”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

tis is our favorite little spot for a romantic dinner to a group of friends or family all the way to a big party! you may consistently count on first class dining, great service and a warm reception for your hosts. these folks really understand the restaurant business and go way out of there way to ensure that you feel like a special guest. they have managed to set the bar quite high so when dining elsewhere we can not help compare, and often reminded of why we return here again and again.

• Visited February 2013
Bellmore,NY
“My last dinner there”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. The location and parking was great. We had a table where you could talk with each other and enough space between us and the next table. The money we spent was well worth it because the food was prepared the way we asked. Very friendly and family oriented.

1 Thank Robina1023
New York City, New York
“Slightly quirky, decent food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I would ultimately recommend going to this restaurant - even if just once - for it's I-can't-put-my-finger-on-it quality. The food was pretty good, and the waiters were very serious, but professional. (I don't think I saw any of them smile.) But the reason I'd recommend this is sort of the whole experience. It's not on Merrick Road, where you'd find a majority of Wantagh's restaurants; it's at the end of a very residential street. And it's in a hotel (I guess) and the waiting areas are sort of like hotel lobbies. While eating I just found myself looking around thinking I've never had quite an eating experience as this. I will say it was packed (not uncomfortably so) and relatively loud. The decor is, well, red. Very red.

I got the sense that there were a lot of regular at the place, which would make sense, because this not a place you'd stumble upon cruising the main strips of the South Shore. I that surely speaks volumes for it.

I'm not sure if I'll return. While I don't really have anything bad to say about the place, I'm not sure I'd venture out to LI to eat here again, and I'm more fond of other Italian restaurants in the area. But it was fun and different experience.

(Lastly, I tend to be a tough eater, so a 3 should not be seen as a negative.)