“Great place to see a summer concert”

Nikon Theater at Jones Beach
Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Wantagh
Shelton, Connecticut
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great place to see a summer concert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Saw a concert a Jones Beach. The night was beautiful. Totally organized and the bathrooms were clean. I like the fact that you cant get alcohol there (state park) so you wont get stuck next to some drunk person screaming in your ear. We had to park in the second lot as the first was full so there was a bit of a hike to the theater however it was great and not a problem. It seems pretty organized although it took a long time to exit after the concert and usually does any concert. There wasnt any trouble there and really enjoyed my time, beautiful venue and cant wait to see another show there.

Visited August 2013

Galway, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Imagine Dragon concert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Theater was amazing. The location in the bay was so beautiful. My children watched the concert while my husband I waited outside. We were able to stand at a snack shack/public bathroom area at the beach behind the theater. We could hear the music and watch a televised screen on the side. Not bad for free!! The only problem, with it being a public bathroom, many patrons (teenagers) that were tailgating frequented the locked after sunset bathrooms. Disappointed to find them locked, on more than one occasion, we watched young men literally urinate on the doors, side of the building and all over the sidewalks. There was absolutely no security. Drunken teens and young adults were also vomitting on the beach and into the incoming tide. It was disgusting. There should have been security there to control the situation. It made for some stories but damped and experience. That is the only reason I gave it 4 out of 5 when it should have been a 5!

Visited July 2013
Port Matilda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dylan Wilco and Beck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great concert and venue. Only downer was the prices of food and drink. $6 for a can of coke or a water bottle. Come on, that's excessive.

Visited July 2013
Hicksville, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It is in a state park...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

This venue is truly unique and beautiful because of its location. I've gone to shows there for years and on a nice night when there's a full house it's a really cool vibe. To the people complaining about the alcohol...it is in a state park and you should know this before you arrive! Just tailgate in the parking lot or at the beach, its only a little walk away.

PS the website linked on here is NOT the official website it is a SCALPER.

Visited June 2013
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great Concert Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I and friends went to see One Direction on June 29th! Though we already had tickets, we waited in line the day of the concert to see if we could get better seats. An hour before the concert, we did! My daughter and her friend got 3rd row! Very exciting!

Food was a little pricy, bit usually is at these venues!

We usually go to the Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA! This venue is so much nicer! I love the fact that it is located on the water! It was also very classy for staff to actually show us to our seats and dust them off before we sat down! Made me feel special!

Bring a light jacket or sweater as it might get chilly.

MY ONE TIP: Go in the EXIT door to the ladies room. There isn't a sign, but there are TONS of unused toilets to use WITHOUT a line!

Visited June 2013