“Simply the best and so clean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jones Beach State Park

Jones Beach State Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Wantagh
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers visitors seven miles of beach, two swimming pools, a boardwalk and games.
Pepperell, Massachusetts
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Simply the best and so clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found out about this beach at the Long Island Museum and thought we would give it a try.
It was so cloudy that the top of the water tower was invisable.
There was no traffic to get there --probably because of the poor weather. So in the summer if is probably bumper to bumper traffic. I was amazed by the huge parking lots. At mid day it was almost empty.We didn't pay at the gate so parking must be free. There seemed to be public bus service.
We were told that there had been a lot of damage from Hurricane Sandy but it was all fixed.
The board walk was probably 100 feet wide and seemed to go on for ever to the next area. People enjoyed this board walk for walking. What a lovely way to excercise or relax.
There are several areas of this beach that connect. Each area has its own parking lot, clean bath rooms with an attendent, little beach shop, restraurant, security officers, play ground, mini golf, and so many trash barrels and benches to sit on. I doubt dogs are allowed. I am not sure about showers. It was very clean. But on a hot summer day.....
The water seemed about 500 feet from the board walk with great sand all the way. There was a walk way to the water that made it easier to walk toward the water to find a spot to sit. We never saw the water because of the fog.
It seemed to be accessable for wheelchairs. There was plenty of handicap parking but it is a few minute walk to the boardwalk.
There was a mixed crowd of people, families, singles, walkers, etc. I felt quite safe. Bring everything you need because there are no towns for a few miles since this beach and the other beaches are on a narrow strip of land that must go on for about 10 miles. I do think it is part of the state park system.

Visited June 2013

Sayville, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good Times Forever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been going to Jones Beach since the 1950's. Wow! As a little girl I played at Zach's Bay. My Mom would bring a huge jug of macaroni so my Dad could have his Sunday pasta. Later in life I started going to the concerts. I hope that Jones Beach will always be part of my life

Visited August 2012
1 Thank joaniecookies
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a nice beach. It is very large. It's a long walk from the parking lot to the sand. I prefer to be on a smaller beach.

Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I traveled to many beaches around the world and each has possitves. The best tings about this beach is the beach itself. Long powder sand.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bruce H
East Hampton, New York
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“2013 airshow at Jones Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The weather was not cooperating this Memorial Day wk end but on Sunday it had cleared and the folks at Jones beach put on there annual air show , planes from every Era ! The skies were Blue and the weather a little cool . The planes did not disappoint from 10 am till after 3 pm they flew one after another . The armed forces had a presence there to entertain and educate . A must do on Memorial Day !

Visited May 2013