“Always a great beach!”

Jones Beach State Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Wantagh
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers visitors seven miles of beach, two swimming pools, a boardwalk and games.
Rye Brook, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Always a great beach!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been going to the beach since I was a child. Always a great beach! Clean, great waves! Good snack bar! Love it!

Copiague, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memories....”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Used to hang out here to sunbathe back in the day...now I just like to ride my bike down the Wantagh bike path to the beach. Love this beach for the most part, as long as you get used to the non-blue waters LOL.

Brightwaters
“Awesome Beaches”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Jones Beach is a great place to spend time with your children and to walk the boardwalk with friends. Living on Long Island all my life I have Spent many years at the Beaches especially at Field 9 which unfortunately has not been around for many years due to hurricanes in the area. The first 10 years of my life that beach was where my family and I spent our Summer Vacations rather than traveling to other places because the beaches aren't better anywhere else and I've traveled to many other beaches. Jones Beach holds many fond memories of learning to swim, collecting shellsand beach glass, and digging for sand crabs.

Visited July 2012
queens, ny
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great escape”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The beach is one of the best in New York. During the height of the summer, parking can get dicey so I advise to get there early in the day. Some parking lots are alot closer to the water than others. The boardwalk is a great place to stroll along.

1 Thank Joe K
Huntington Station, New York
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Nature at its best”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

There is nothing like the roar of the waves and a walk along the board walk. I have been visiting Jones Beach since I was born. There is nothing like a day at the beach. Weekends can be very crowded, but lay down a blanket, pack a picnic and enjoy.

Visited May 2012