“The Best B&B, even BETTER!”
Review of Inn At The Ridge

and 1 more site!
Ranked #3 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“The Best B&B, even BETTER!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The only thing better than the "Chocolate French Toast" (which is not to be missed), is the graciousness with which all guest are treated (especially, the 4 footed ones). The Inn's rooms are quaint, quirky, clean, and comfortable. A chance to get away from it all, while being close to so many things to do, and explore. We found Sal and Bev to be, the perfect hosts, for that perfect get away.

Room Tip: We prefer the 2 bedrooms at the front of the house, because of the on-suits, but all are extremely c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Stack Family,
It was so nice to read how you all felt about what we do here.
We take pride and look forward in helping all our Guests in what ever we can.
Thank you so very much for the Great review.
We appreciate all you have said.
Maybe we will see each other again in the future,
Wishing you all well,
Bev and Sal

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
long beach, ny
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The exterior of this old farmhouse may be underwhelming but once inside you will see a warm, comfortable B&B. This renovated home is a quirky mix of ancient wide board wooden floors, low ceilings and small groupings of working/thematic antiques alongside prefab showers in the bathrooms added to the bedrooms and cable TV. The owners (Bev and Sal) are more than friendly, they want to attend to your every need---be it help w/ the bags or dinner reservations. Sal's breakfasts are both delicious and humongous. All this and our dogs were welcome. We will likely return.

Room Tip: The West Point room faces the road but we heard absolutely no traffic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you so very much for your review L.L
It was a pleasure hosting you.
Your so very kind in the great words on my Breakfast offerings.

Making reservations for you both for the Cupcake pairing at "Robibero’s Vineyard" and Dinner at "Lombardi’s Restaurant" was just what we do. Anything that can offer your stay less stress is what we do. We would welcome you back with open arms for sure.

I understood your comment with the word “Underwhelming”.
With the 54 inches of snow we have had before you showed up on Friday. I could only support your words as true. It looks terrible with the snow and the driveway with all the Gardens covered. I can say for sure we feel that if you visited us in May,June or July you would see what beautiful gardens we do have. Many lilies, roses and other ornamentals as well as many varieties of Vegetables that I use for Breakfast service.
Thank you again for your kind words that encourage us to continue the things that we do here ay Inn At The Ridge.

Wishing you both well and maybe we will see each other again. I do look forward to that day.

Yours,
Beverly & Salvatore
Jamestown, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have been very fortunate to stay in many great locations. My job took me of some of the finest hotels in the country. But, none as warm, inviting and comfortable as The Inn At The Ridge outside of Gardner, New York.
This is our second stay at this pet friendly Inn and it has been a joy to be here at the Christmas Holiday. The Inn is inviting and warm just like Grandmas house. The rooms are comfortable with great views of rich fields and the Shawangunk Mountain range.
We have relaxed, laughed and played with our dog “Spice”. A morning walk in the snow while feeling we are at home.
The area has a lot to offer from New York City (1 hour away), to Hyde Park, to many other small towns with quant shops. In addition you are a short drive to the USA Military Academy and many sites in the Historic Hudson Valley. Local restaurants ‘yum yum”.
We are looking forward to future visits.

Room Tip: Many areas for outside activities, for food, for shopping & for history
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Bill and Carol and Spice,
We are very fortunate tp receive guests such as you. Your attitude is what makes your stay as relaxing as you stated. Beverly gets all the credit for holiday decorating. She has the talent as an artist and definitely has the flair. The Holidays for us are a special time here at Inn At The Ridge. We take pride in being available to our guests all the time. If at any time our guests need anything, directions, reservations or a hint on the best antique shop according to us we are always pleased to give you our thoughts.
Spice, you both know my feelings about your girl. The breed, but especially her temperment. A wonderful pet for sure. I always enjoy time with her.
As always it was a pleasure hosting you and we hope to see you again in the future.
With respect and gratitude,
Beverly & Salvatore
845.895.9251
Centerport, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay for 2 days. The owners, Bev and Sal, were most accommodating to my personal requests as well. Sal made me the best French Toast ever (with Lindt chocolate in it!). Yes, Chocolate French Toast! And they gave me a whole assortment of food to take home when I left today! In addition to the awesome French Toast there was a huge dish of fresh fruit (BIG blackberries included!) and Granola with all sorts of nuts to add to your fresh yogurt. Fresh Orange Juice, sausages, home made cookies, fresh coffee. You ask for it, they made it. The place was homey and friendly and they were the nicest folks you could ever meet. The bedroom was lovely and I slept on the most comfortable bed soundly. I wish I could have stayed longer! If you ever are going to visit New Paltz and the region around it, this is the place you should try to stay at!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Salvatore R, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
It was such a pleasure hosting you this particular weekend.
What you received from Beverly and I is what we do. I know if you have read our reviews it may sound the same but we take particular pride in each and every guest.
You for instance seemed like a down to earth man who is not bothered about much. You enjoy the arts and since you play percussion you just enjoy life in general.
We were happy you enjoyed your trip to the “Alex Grey” Exhibit. Since you mentioned this to us I decided that I am going to take my Nieces that are visiting this week there for a visit.
Thank you for your fantastic review of our Bed and Breakfast and how we treat our Guests.
When and if you return we will try and do it better.
Have a wonderful New Year.
Best Wishes,
Beverly & Salvatore’
Boston
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nice place, and nice people. But not cleaned properly. My wife suffered an asthma attack (her first in 10 years) while staying at this place. She is very allergic to pet hair, and something in the room triggered her allergies. We've stayed at plenty of pet-friendly hotels and this has never happened before. Be careful about staying here if you are allergic to pet hair.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

My Dearest Bostonians,
I am so sorry you had such an uncomfortable time.
We use Hepa Filters in all our Pet Cleaning Dyson Vacuums as well as our Forced air circulators.
We feel cleanliness was and is not the issue then or ever.

Please understand, (and this is to other prospective vacationers that are wanting to visit us or other lodging) PET FRIENDLY B & B means that there are pets that stay at our Bed and Breakfast. PET means - Dogs-Cats-Birds.
We have had Cats and Birds, but mainly we have guests that are Dog owners of all sizes with fur as well as hair.
If I new that your wife had PAST Sever Asthma reactions to PETS, then I would have suggested another place to lodge.
I was so concerned as you know, when I called you after Bev and I returned from a cinema and reading your note.

Again I hope all is well.

Wishing you a Wonderful Glorious and Merry Christmas Holiday.
Beverly & Salvatore’
Woodside, New York, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I recently stayed at The Inn at The Ridge with 6 friends and we had the most amazing stay! It truly felt like home for the entirety of our visit. Sal and Bev, the owners, are so kind, accommodating and helpful! Our fridge was stocked when we arrived and they cooked us a delicious, home made breakfast each morning! On the first day, they even left brownies for us to return to in the afternoon, after we went out exploring.
The property is magical, especially with the autumn foliage. The inside is filled with fun antique decorations and the bathrooms are clean and stocked with clean towels! There is a ton to do in the town and we did a lot! We went apple picking, whiskey tasting, cider tasting and down to New Paltz for an afternoon of shopping! I am NOT typically a fan of the B&B experience, leaning more toward hotels but this experience has officially changed my mind! I would love to go back every year!!

Room Tip: The Lavender room and Drawing room do not have personal bathrooms but the others do.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
yourhosts, Owner at Inn At The Ridge, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi Caitlin,
It was so enjoyable hosting this group of great people. It seemed like you had fun while playing games at the table or sipping whisky. Friends like this become life long. You all had wonderful stories. Your friends that baked the cake were remarkable. We were so happy you used the kitchen. People always feel uneasy to use the equipment we have here. What was so respectful of all is that there was NEVER a mess left behind. We are so pleased that we offered you an opportunity to see what a Bed and Breakfast is operated like. I cannot say all do what we do, but one thing is for sure we enjoy the heck out of it. For the six years we have been open we have never had any major issues with guests (Knock On Wood). We do not claim to have the answer for everyone, but we try and help, give direction and keep everyone relaxed.
All seven of you would be welcome anytime. Thanks for being GREAT Guests.
We hope to see you and all your friends again in the future.
Best wishes,
Bev & Sal
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife, and our two dogs, have stayed at the inn on two separate occasions and both times were amazing. Bev and Sal are very gracious hosts. They have made the space extremely cozy and comfortable, and intimate as you wish to make it. In the recent year they have expanded the outdoor area which now includes a campfire which my wife and I enjoyed under the moonlight. Also ingredients which magically appeared on the kitchen table for us to make s'mores upon our return from dinner. Sal is an amazing morning chef as well. We always end up eating a light lunch because we stuff our faces with all the goodies he makes - the chocolate infused french toast is so yummy.

We look forward to our annual visit to the inn because it truly is a lovely escape from our city life in the fall. And visiting with Bev and Sal, and other guests who may be staying.

Room Tip: The rooms with the bathrooms are also the rooms with the best view to the sunrise...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
It was our pleasure to host you , your wife Geneva and your two Chihuahua’s.
We were so pleased to hear from you when you were returning this October.
Your Baby’s were well behaved and were very sweet just like the last time.
We appreciate you reviewing in TripAdvisor since it is the best way to know whats happening at different venues.
We thank you again for the kind words.
Wishing you all well until the next time.
Bev & Sal
Inn At The Ridge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Super 8 Highland NY
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland
Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast

Been to Inn At The Ridge? Share your experiences!