“Best B&B Ever.”

Ranked #2 of 4 Wallkill B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Best B&B Ever.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a sort-of impromptu romantic getaway, but we wanted to bring our dog with us. We are absolutely THRILLED that we found Audrey's Farmhouse, because it instantaneously became our favorite vacation spot. We left Brooklyn after work on a Friday and arrived at around 8:30pm. The manager left a note on the door (addressed to my husband, me, and our dog Mandu!) with directions to our room. The moment we walked in, we could tell we were at our second home. The kitchen smells lightly of maple syrup, butter, and love. There is a bowl of water and a jar of biscuits for doggie visitors, and an equally appealing jar of homemade baked treats for the humans! We took a brief tour of the space, admiring the old architecture and the homey furniture. We went to our room (called the Woodstove Room) and plopped onto the fluffy bed. The room is not large, but it is very comfortable, warm, sweet, and clean. The bathroom was super cute, too.

Fast forward to the next morning. Breakfast. My oh my. Breakfast. At 7:30am, the manager set up the most delicious scones I've ever eaten in my life, along with coffee and tea. All by the fireplace, which was delightfully lit. After, the manager made us a meal of broccoli frittata, bacon, roasted white sweet potato, roasted kale, and a cup of fresh grapefruit. We were so full! And ready for our trek to Lake Minnewaska. I say this as someone who has traveled to many a place (and my husband, who is a native of Italy agrees): this area is one of the most beautiful areas ever. We spent the day hiking with our dog, walking around New Paltz, and ate more delicious food.

After spending a day hiking in the snow, we came home to play available games of taboo and scrabble and trivial pursuit. The next morning, we ate a fresh batch of blueberry scones, and an amazing meal of German pancake, sausage, zucchini carpaccio, and poached apples.

The manager is incredibly friendly and informative. Also, she's a slammin cook. This is the best place ever. My husband and I want to make it a point to come here at least three or four times a year. Next time we come, we are bringing his family from Italy, and my family from NJ. It is amazing. Oh, and our dog had the time of his LIFE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yejin L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Audrey's is a lovely retreat that accommodates dogs better than any B&B I know. But what if you're only moderately sold on these four-legged companions (like me)? You'll appreciate that Audrey's is impeccably clean and does not smell like a pet friendly place. And that the basket full of 'paw towels' in the entryway subtly reminds folks that dogs like the outdoors best. In short, Audrey's is for everyone. The hospitality is the best I've experienced in my global travels. Don, the co-owner, will marvel at your talents and pursuits. Maggie or Jennifer will make you one of the best breakfasts you've had in years. And you will feel the warmth of a house that showcases treasures lovingly collected from near and far by the special owners and their many friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Audrey's is a great escape where dogs and their owners feel very welcome. I stayed in the suite and the accommodations were perfect: the bed was fluffy, the breakfast and mid-day baked goods were incredible; and the claw-foot bathtub in the suite was clean and relaxing. I was a solo female traveler for the weekend, passing through the area with my dog, and felt completely safe here. Only drawback is that you do have to go elsewhere for lunch and dinner (you're probably out hiking anyway), and it's BYOB if you want to have a glass of wine or beer by the fire pit outside. It's best if you have a social dog that doesn't start fights, but your pup doesn't have to interact with the other dogs if you're OK with leaving him in your room or keeping a close eye. Just know that dogs must stay in the bedrooms during breakfast. Also, if you aren't a dog lover, I'd recommend looking elsewhere; pretty much every guest has a pooch at this place.

Room Tip: Most rooms have shared bathrooms and the dogs can hear/sense each other through the walls. Ask for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Jennifer L
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The Rustic 18th Century Charm Of this Inn Is Truly A Gem To be Cherished. My wife, My 5 yr Old Pitbull and Myself had The Best Experience For A Truly Pet Friendly B&B. Don & Audrey Are So AWESOME. Maggie And Sara Are Great In The Kitchen As breakfast Is Served at 9:30 The Best Pancakes, Bacon ,Real Maple Syrup " The Light Stuff". Coffee Juice Just Too Good. The Pool is Totally Outrageous The Fire Pit in the Evenings The Dog Playing Running Socializing Fun Stuff. I Highly Reccommend Audrey's Farmhouse. The Freedom To Enjoy The Mountain View Sip Wine Outdoors or In And The Puppie Roaming The Grounds and House Priceless. Mostly The Quaint Charm Perfect Setting all in One Package.
Don I'm Bringing up The Italian Pastries

Michael & Lisa From Brooklyn

Room Tip: All The Rooms Are A Great Choice, The Suite Is Our Favorite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike R
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 21, 2012

On a whim, my husband and I decided to get out of the city to give ourselves, our dog and our 18 month old daughter a quick retreat. Lucky for us this pet-friendly BnB, which normally doesn't allow children (most do not, understandably with the typical crying that comes along with babies) made an exception for us since no other guests happened to be staying there the night we were coming up. Upon arrival we were greeted by the BnB's manager, Jackie. I can't say enough about this woman, she was warm & friendly, welcoming & sweet... I felt like we were visiting a family friend instead of checking into a BnB. She had just pulled a delicious fresh baked lemon cake and pecan cherry cookies out of the oven. This was our first introduction to her wonderful food and I was at that point already looking forward to breakfast the next morning. The house was positively charming. The pictures on the website although good, do not do the place justice. It's a very special old farm house, from the 1700's, with tons of character. Our room, "The Suite" was clean & pretty, with a private door to outside. Jackie assured us that our dog ,who is a notorious shedder, was welcome to roam the house and get up on the furniture, because they clean the slip covers very regularly. This was apparent because for a place which has had many doggie guests, there was no evidence of it... the place was spotless. The grounds too were immaculate and lush with greenery and flowers. Our dog wasn't the only one who had a ball running freely outside, our daughter was also in heaven. Although the pool was still rather chilly, it being early in the season, we all enjoyed a good splash. We also had the pleasure of meeting Don, one of the owners who was also very kind and welcoming. My husband and I were so happy with everything when we first arrived, that we told Jackie we wanted to stay 2 nights instead of 1. I'll wrap up my review by saying that the Breakfast part of BnB was wonderful. Both mornings we had freshly baked goods and a scrumptious meal, which Jackie pulled off effortlessly. We will be back to enjoy this little gem of a place without any hesitation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolinne23
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed May 7, 2012

my husband and I stayed here october of 2010 (FALL WAS AWESOME) and even now when i here people are going to nyc I HIGHLY recommend they take a couple nights away from the hustle and bustle and go stay at this WONDERFUL bnb! Ill walk you through...we arrived in the late afternoon walking up to this adorable picture perfect cottage-y home to find a note on the door greeting us by name welcoming us inside and directing us to our room (the woman who ran it was out getting grocerys i believe) We walk in and immediately fell in love! The smell of fresh baked cookies in the air, the living room with big comfy couches next to a welcoming fireplace, the staircase narrow and creaking (i believe the home is from the 18th century if i remember correctly) the attic like slanted ceilings upstairs, the big fluffy BEDS!!! so comfortable and soft!!!! After getting settled in we went downstairs and filled up on the fresh complimentary cakes and cookies tea and coffee! which held us over till we went for dinner just down the road to a place the host recommended (dont remember the name) It looked like a house turned restraunt. It was clear all the locals ate here. Good food. A little pricey but we always share. All in all I wish we had more time to stay but we only booked one night which was a mistake. OH I ALMOST FORGOT! THE BREAKFAST! Unfortunately I was not feeling well in the morning but my husband RAVED about it! Fresh fruit followed by eggs and thick homemade french toast! I cant believe i couldnt enjoy it, but it smelled wonderful. Also this is a pet friendly place, which i loved cuz we made a few "friends" :) Definitely stay here if you are in the area! We were in the area for a tour at the Watchtower facilities and it was convienently only 5min away!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1little_r
new york
Reviewed February 13, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome. Jackie, the cook and caretaker of the b&b was so friendly. She immediately invited us to sit by the fire and have coffee and homemade scones as our dog eagerly sniffed out the place
This was our first time travelling with our large dog so we weren't sure what to expect, we were very pleasently suprised! Everything was so clean and well kept. It did not have 'doggie' smell.
We had the run of the house, open kitchen, tv room and living room.
The wonderful backyard is perfect for offleash walks and play. Jackie is an excellent cook so expect a hearty breakfast in the morning.
The biggest draw for us was the hiking in the local parks. Everything is within 15 mins of the b&b.
We stayed in one of rooms with a shared bath. Although very clean with a comfortable bed the room is small and you can hear your neighbors so if privacy and space is what you're looking for - get a room with a private bath.

A bit more expensive than warranted for a very small room with shared bath room but we took advantage of the dog friendly atmosphere and loved Audrey's.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mercerdkny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallkill
Minnewaska Lodge
Inn At The Ridge
Inn At The Ridge
#3 of 4 in Wallkill
Tin Brook Bed & Breakfast

Been to Audrey's Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!